• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

FYI: I've PMed a seller incorrectly citing GPA stats. Gonna give them a chance to fix it rather than blast them in their thread, but if it's still there when I wake up in the morning (here in Europe) I'll be posting.

and yes, everyong get over to the VCC and stroll the aisles and browse!

Any advice for the following situation? I paid for an item two weeks ago, but the seller hasnt read the two pm's I sent since payment (I've just followed up with a third). I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I am a little concerned.

Any advice for the following situation? I paid for an item two weeks ago, but the seller hasnt read the two pm's I sent since payment (I've just followed up with a third). I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but I am a little concerned.

..... you're still covered if you used Paypal...... but what you describe is rude and irresponsible IMHO. I always hear the "I have a life and don't live on the boards" excuse..... which is fine if you don't have a transaction in progress. I'd reverse the payment after 30 days and go PL. Seller may be doing hardship sales and actually really not be available due to something more pressing. Checking their recent posts can help you determine if they're ignoring your PM's..... if they are, I'd yank the paypal now. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

..... you're still covered if you used Paypal...... but what you describe is rude and irresponsible IMHO. I always hear the "I have a life and don't live on the boards" excuse..... which is fine if you don't have a transaction in progress. I'd reverse the payment after 30 days and go PL. Seller may be doing hardship sales and actually really not be available due to something more pressing. Checking their recent posts can help you determine if they're ignoring your PM's..... if they are, I'd yank the paypal now. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks Jimbo :) he hasn't posted on the forum in a month, so I don't think he is ignoring me. But I will look into reversing the payment if I dont hear anything next week.

FYI: I've PMed a seller incorrectly citing GPA stats. Gonna give them a chance to fix it rather than blast them in their thread, but if it's still there when I wake up in the morning (here in Europe) I'll be posting.

In a shocking turn of events the OP was reasonable, receptive and appreciated the feedback (as he is relatively new)... this may set a bad precedent... hopefully the next person will tell me to shove it.

;)

Unlike the new crop of specu-dealers, many folks here sell dupes or sell some books to continue to fund their collections. They have job and family responsibilities. Neither laziness nor crappy service may be the cause of a slight delay in shipping. If you can't deal with it, might i suggest Instagram or Facebook comic groups. They likely cater to the gotta have 'em ready to ship before I pay mentality. You will also get more emojis, and maybe, an accidental dickpic. So you have that going for you, which is nice.

:golfclap:

'accidental'

nothing has ever stopped someone on the boards from asking AHEAD OF TIME if shipping can be/will be immediate or by a certain date.

For an extreme example, Dale Roberts has HUGE sales here, often with hundreds of books and maybe 50-100 buyers. He generally has great service, but I don't think anyone would EXPECT him to be able to ship out the next day after payment (thought it might occur, and probably does quite often). He might have 50 orders to fill that night, and might be going in alpha order, order of payment, biggest to smallest, random, anything. Either way, if you think its reasonable to afford him a few days to ship, there's no reason not to afford anyone else a few days, as we all have things to do. At the same time, I think he and most others would be receptive to quick note asking to be bumped to the top of the shipping list, ESPECIALLY if you asked before the purchase.

I think it boils down to this as a buyer: If there's something that you especially prefer or care about that does not appear to be explicitly stated, whether its shipping time, condition preferences, shipping preferences, payment options, return policies, you should ask before you buy. Its your money.

I know this isn't everybody's thinking, but for some the small gesture of communication has a large impact. We all know that everybody has their own lives and they are all different so, packaging a delivery times will vary. What I have found that works in times that I need more time is to communicate with the buyer that you need a little more time. We can't help how other people feel, but at times we can run across buyers who may feel ignored if 1-3 weeks after purchase they hear nothing from the seller. I sell a lot of eBay and if I need a couple extra days, from my normal 3 days handling, I message the buyer and they are gracious for keeping them updated, but if they have to chase me for information then there is a good chance they are upset.

Things like this may seem small, but a lot of times they have a big impact.

Dr Chaos, I can see that you have spent more than a zillion hours on your thread...but Returns not accepted and there are no pictures.

So you are buying something that you can't see and if you don't like it, you can't return it.

Dr Chaos, I can see that you have spent more than a zillion hours on your thread...but Returns not accepted and there are no pictures.

So you are buying something that you can't see and if you don't like it, you can't return it.

Good point but pictures will be added so I think I am being reasonable.

(tsk) You're not supposed to talk about the value.

"Sweet" and "Drek" are value-neutral.