• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Wow why must we all be so bloody cryptic but not at the same time. How is posting a link to the thread any different than just outting the seller.

Real Elijah Snow is the one Swickles is linking to. I have no knowledge of the situation or had any transactions with, but just post the damn name.

Wow why must we all be so bloody cryptic but not at the same time. How is posting a link to the thread any different than just outting the seller.

Real Elijah Snow is the one Swickles is linking to. I have no knowledge of the situation or had any transactions with, but just post the damn name.

Can you hide your message in a spoiler tag and add either the ;) or :gossip:

It's protocol.

If he accepts paypal it automatically converts the currency.

So in paypal you pick the currency you want to send? Never thought about it before.

He also doesn't list what form of payment he is accepting.

So in paypal you pick the currency you want to send? Never thought about it before.

He also doesn't list what form of payment he is accepting.

He can invoice you from paypal in his currency and it will convert to dollars. At least that's how I've paid before.

I've seen this come up in a few threads. Can't we just get a mod to tell if it is acceptable or not to post links to sites that host photos and not have to debate in people's sales threads?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8650846&gonew=1#UNREAD

Edited by wombat

Got Ryan fixed up. I've been sick the past several days. I'm skipping the memphis show because of it. In any event, sorry for any past errors. Selling 100-200 individual books in one thread probably isn't the best idea when my time is stretched so thin. Regardless, I understand any who don't want any further business dealings with me (harveyswick etc) as it is pretty frustrating to get a messed up order. The majority of the boardies that buy from me are often going for the same books anyway since I price a lot of things at good prices, so i will be doing more. I will however make sure it happens during a time when I'm home for an extended period and I can devote more time to it. As an aside, I had 40 or so people order from my last thread, and a few of them had errors because I switched a few books on accident. Close to 40 of them had no problem. Since these threads generally don't seem to focus on the fact that almost everyone had no problem I feel like it's only fair to mention that. Sorry again for anyone reading this that had a missing/switched book. My next thread will be smaller and will also have more time devoted to it, so this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Also, the "theory" that I did this purposefully gave me a good lol

If i needed a $12 loan I would be in a lot of trouble.

Also, the "theory" that I did this purposefully gave me a good lol

If i needed a $12 loan I would be in a lot of trouble.

It's not the idea that you needed an actual "loan" of $12, but rather that you told a customer that you made a mistake and would refund them and then didn't. You held onto someone else's money for close to two weeks instead of just simply logging into PayPal and sending a refund. Why make someone wait for a refund of their money? Would you feel like chuckling if you were in the position of waiting for a refund and having someone read your posts and not respond? (shrug)

No. I of course I wouldn't. I didn't refund right away because I thought I could figure out who got his other Cap marv 33. I tried to figure it out, but failed. Then it slipped my mind to send the $12. That's obviously my bad. I just sent him $20 a few minutes ago. Hopefully that makes up for it. Ryan's always been very easy to deal with, and I have zero problem with him.

I lol at the idea that I was holding his $12 to use as a loan. I wasn't lol ing at the idea that he was waiting for a refund that I had forgotten about by accident. That's ridiculous. The idea that I need a $12 loan illicited a lol . The fact that I forgot ryan's refund until today is certainly not something I would laugh at.