• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Meanwhile we have THIS thread where we have a brand new member posting some pretty substantial books for sale right off of the bat, with no references and shaky pictures (no scans), who then gets angry and closes the thread because he's getting lowball offers and no serious inquiries (making sure to sprinkle in an implied jab at the members here and an insinuation that people like us are ruining the hobby and sending it to the dogs -- woof :P ).

Shocking, I tell you -- shocking! :facepalm:

I'm so sick of these D-Bags who come on here and think they are entitled to sell their books immediately. This is not the NASDAQ. There are not an endless supply of buyers. Sometimes there isn't a buyer at the moment for what you're selling. I know. Shocking!

The Wolverine guy is back :popcorn:

I can't wait for his reply :whee:

Thanks for confirming you are a SAD individual.

No I am a rather happy individual.

Thanks for confirming you are a compulsive liar.

The Wolverine guy is back :popcorn:

I can't wait for his reply :whee:

Thanks for confirming you are a SAD individual.

No I am a rather happy individual.

Thanks for confirming you are a compulsive liar.

Grow up kid.

Oh man shots fired! It hurts.

Don't worry I grow a little bit each day.

I can't even anymore. Do people not know what this place is? Do we need to put a giant "About Us" verbiage into the signup process?

This isn't the local swap meet or Facebook 2.0. Act like adults, treat each other with respect, honor your deals and embrace what you love. Communication goes a long way. Most of us know who is "behind" the screen. Many of us are friends with at least one person we met on here. This is a community (though some don't want to believe that sometimes lol) we have a VERY long memory. Take a breath, calm down, apologize and poke your head around here and get to know the lay of the land. It will benefit you in the long run.