• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I just discovered I have no idea how to work Facebook. It makes me feel old :P

It will rather make it hard, for young people using it, to become old in a relaxed manner. lol

(Don’t know if in english this phrase sounds like a mess, I tried but my english is still in Beta).

It will rather make it hard, for young people using it, to become old in a relaxed manner. lol

(Don’t know if in english this phrase sounds like a mess, I tried but my english is still in Beta).

Yeah, it comes across as erectile dysfunction :)

These noobs make me roll my eyes so hard to the point where I can see my arse.

They come in and can't spell (your / you're, u / you), they talk about how they need certain books badly, they wave their money around like everyone needs it and they change their mind like the wind. That's if they even respond at all.

I have two guys in the last week who needed books but have not responded to PM.

I thought we needed some sort of a mild screening process in the past and I'm certainly more in favor of one now than ever. Anything that helps keep the riff raff out.

I think a paid members only area would take care of a lot of the issues.

Edited by highradart

:preach:

I cannot figure it,nor do I try.

Not to really worry anymore - FB is only full of all the parents of the kids that migrated to other social media outlets a year ago. The rest of us are child-free old people sharing pictures from the 70's with each other.

Dan

This is my personal one...

ny2vk.jpg

Someone is using that here?! :facepalm:

Oh no...at least I don't think so...it's more general advice for life. lol

I'm in that FB group. I've done a little buying and selling there. There's a handful of boardies in there, too. Whatever dust up was underway must have been deleted. The admin is pretty good about keeping things focused on buying and selling.

Noticed that. Good for them.

Dan

I'm in that FB group. I've done a little buying and selling there. There's a handful of boardies in there, too. Whatever dust up was underway must have been deleted. The admin is pretty good about keeping things focused on buying and selling.

Dan

I tried selling there once and had a negative experience.

I listed a book there. Guy kept promising to pay and never paid. In the meantime someone expressed interest over here in the book by going through a closed sales thread. I had to tell him the book was spoken for. The guy strung me along for a few weeks until I got tired of chasing after him. I left feedback through the mods and that was that.

However... I did come out of it with a "no chasing policy." If you claim something from me and don't pay, I set it aside and that is that. If the time limit passes and you still not have have paid I send you an email that the book is no longer yours as you have not paid. My life is not about being a "bill collector" or "strong arming" anyone into giving me money. If they want it then they will pay for it.

Dan

I listed a book there. Guy kept promising to pay and never paid. In the meantime someone expressed interest over here in the book by going through a closed sales thread. I had to tell him the book was spoken for. The guy strung me along for a few weeks until I got tired of chasing after him. I left feedback through the mods and that was that.

However... I did come out of it with a "no chasing policy." If you claim something from me and don't pay, I set it aside and that is that. If the time limit passes and you still not have have paid I send you an email that the book is no longer yours as you have not paid. My life is not about being a "bill collector" or "strong arming" anyone into giving me money. If they want it then they will pay for it.

This place is starting to look and act like a Facebook group.

This keeps coming up, but if you have the following:

Copies of book on the census in grade 1 = 3

Copies of book on the census in grade 2 = 4

Copies of book on the census in the (lower) grade the book you are selling is in = 1

are you selling the eighth highest graded copy or the third highest graded copy?

Seems pretty clear to me that you are selling the eighth highest graded copy, but sellers in this situation sure like to claim they are selling the third highest graded copy.

Copies of book on the census in the (lower) grade the book you are selling is in = 1

are you selling the eighth highest graded copy or the third highest graded copy?

Seems pretty clear to me that you are selling the eighth highest graded copy, but sellers in this situation sure like to claim they are selling the third highest graded copy.

I'm with you - clearly it's the 8th highest graded (CGC) copy.

It's just like in golf. For example:

Jordan Spieth - 9-under

Dustin Johnson - 8-under

Rory McIlroy - 8-under

Henrik Stenson - 8-under

Bubba Watson - 7-under

...Bubba is in 5th place, not 3rd.

Dan

You've been there. Did you get any sales?

I bought some nice books and sold some nice books. I try to watch and see who the serious and regular sellers are. The raw comics groups I've seen are iffier.

I also agree but it is the word "copy" that causes the problem. One could say it is "in the third highest grade" and be completely accurate.

I also agree but it is the word "copy" that causes the problem. One could say it is "in the third highest grade" and be completely accurate.

In my opinion, 3rd highest graded has always meant in the 3rd highest grade tier.

It may be one of whatever number in that grade tier but it is tied with all of them. Semantics I realize but that is the way grade chasers will understand it. I was one of them.

You've been there. Did you get any sales?

I bought some nice books and sold some nice books. I try to watch and see who the serious and regular sellers are. The raw comics groups I've seen are iffier.

I find Facebook much like this place, very few people are really serious.

I've done a few deals there but nothing spectacular.

Dan

...I stuck my nose in that...The guy started insulting Canadians for no reason...That shall not stand!