• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This place is starting to look and act like a Facebook group.

You've been there. Did you get any sales?

I bought some nice books and sold some nice books. I try to watch and see who the serious and regular sellers are. The raw comics groups I've seen are iffier.

I find Facebook much like this place, very few people are really serious.

I've done a few deals there but nothing spectacular.

I'm a very serious buyer, I just don't have serious money. :D

A little community monitoring with a simple post of a :rulez: with a follow up should be fine.

People don't even follow the rules now. A new rule will just be the same status quo: people either follow the rules or they don't. :D

Please I need help.

Is it possible to call another boardie out on here with a discussion of a deal made from my WTB thread after said boardie said he'd get it for me, even though it was done in a PM and no money was exchanged?

:wishluck:

Thanks a p-offed boardie

You could, but is it really worth the hassle? You didn't lose any money so why out them?

Please I need help.

Is it possible to call another boardie out on here with a discussion of a deal made from my WTB thread after said boardie said he'd get it for me, even though it was done in a PM and no money was exchanged?

Thanks a p-offed boardie

You could, but is it really worth the hassle? You didn't lose any money so why out them?

Because him and I had a deal that was suppose to go down tomorrow, and then he removed himself from the PM. That's not cool at all. Yes it is worth the hassle. Cause I want everyone to know not to deal with him.

Please I need help.

Thanks a p-offed boardie

Because him and I had a deal that was suppose to go down tomorrow, and then he removed himself from the PM. That's not cool at all. Yes it is worth the hassle. Cause I want everyone to know not to deal with him.

Best to get it all in the open, in a respectful manner ....

Please I need help.

Thanks a p-offed boardie

Thank you. I want to be respectful and not act in a inappropriate manner. Now how do I go about it? I was suppose to make the deal tomorrow which was 2 weeks after said deal was made due to books being shipped from CGC. When I asked the boardie how are things going, he removed himself. There is more to the story but I can;t move forward until you guys tell me what to do. So can you recommend what I should do next please?

Please I need help.

Thanks a p-offed boardie

Thank you. I want to be respectful and not act in a inappropriate manner. Now how do I go about it? I was suppose to make the deal tomorrow which was 2 weeks after said deal was made due to books being shipped from CGC. When I asked the boardie how are things going, he removed himself. There is more to the story but I can;t move forward until you guys tell me what to do. So can you recommend what I should do next please?

Pretty tough to make a call when we don't know the details.

Perhaps another pm to the guy politely asking why he checked out. Perhaps there's something you said that spooked him.

Please I need help.

Thanks a p-offed boardie

Are you sure they didn't delete it by mistake? It happens.

Please I need help.

Thanks a p-offed boardie

That depends on what you want out of this. If you simply want, to use your own words, "everyone to know not to deal with him", than you should just get on with it and post the details.

Bear in mind that once done, there will be no putting it back in the box, and only you can decide how important this is for you that the community is informed. Only you can make that call.

If you want something formal like a PL nomination than that goes in the other thread and you would have to post all the details there.

Good point. Before anything else it would be important to be sure its not a simple misunderstanding or mistake.

Good point. Before anything else it would be important to be sure its not a simple misunderstanding or mistake.

Also, think it through before you go public.

Before posting the full story make sure that you are not the one that will sound crazy.

Once something is on the internet there is no undo button.

Ok I am going to post the details. I am going to use forum names and dates. I am doing this because I have been run over a lot lately in my personal life and I feel that this needs to be done. I am not as mad as I was earlier, but I still need to let the forums know. I do not want anything in return other then them and the boards to know that the actions that occurred where done in a way that is unprofessional and uncool. I do not wish the "boardie" to placed on the probation list, as this may not be PL worthy, only a public notice to others here.

I know that people here have a tendency to behave a certain way, but there are others that are serious when it comes to things like this. And I believe that I have acted as appropriate as I can during my time here. And that's how I thought this person was too. I may have not followed him in all his post but what I have seen made me trust him enough to follow through with the deal.

On 6/26/2015 I sent Junk Donkey a PM regarding some Walking Dead Books CGC graded 9.8 because he had replied to my WTB thread, which he has deleted.

He replied saying that he has #37 and it was just finishing up being graded. Asked me if he should list it on MCS for $74.99, believing it was GPA.

I put the ??? emoji and asked him: "So I have to buy from them, not you?"

He replied: " I ship all my books to them."

My reply: "Ok.....So......Is it ready to be bought right now?"

His reply: "It is graded at CGC and needs to ship. Probably a couple weeks away. I sell WD so fast that unless you constantly monitor EBay or request me to hold it then it will be gone. I posted because some seemed to be unable to locate issues."

My reply: "Ok so can I request that you hold #37 for me please, as long as it's a 9.8?

I'm ready to buy now and whenever it comes in. Please and thank you"

His reply: "Done. It's 9.8 so I'll be in touch in a couple weeks."

So today I figured I'd reach out and PM back seeing as tomorrow 7/10/2015 would be 2 weeks.

I asked him how's things coming along with the #37.

He then said that the books shipped out Tuesday of this week, should be in their system next.

I asked him what is he talking about, what is this system you're talking about?

He said it should be in MCS system and they should list it next week.

I told him that I thought I was buying it from you and I quoted his post to him in the PM, and then I got the " Junk Donkey has removed themself from this topic" pm.

The whole conversation was very odd. And he was very curt in his replies. He wasn't very specific as to what was going on. I just felt that after he told me that he'd "hold" the book for me that he was the one selling it to me, not a 3rd party. I am not suppose to read between the lines. Now I am suppose to hope the book is still available on MCS site to be able to purchase it?

I am so confused. But that's my story and I just want the forum to know what happened between him and I.

Ok I am going to post the details. I am going to use forum names and dates. I am doing this because I have been run over a lot lately in my personal life and I feel that this needs to be done. I am not as mad as I was earlier, but I still need to let the forums know. I do not want anything in return other then them and the boards to know that the actions that occurred where done in a way that is unprofessional and uncool. I do not wish the "boardie" to placed on the probation list, as this may not be PL worthy, only a public notice to others here.

I know that people here have a tendency to behave a certain way, but there are others that are serious when it comes to things like this. And I believe that I have acted as appropriate as I can during my time here. And that's how I thought this person was too. I may have not followed him in all his post but what I have seen made me trust him enough to follow through with the deal.

On 6/26/2015 I sent Junk Donkey a PM regarding some Walking Dead Books CGC graded 9.8 because he had replied to my WTB thread, which he has deleted.

He replied saying that he has #37 and it was just finishing up being graded. Asked me if he should list it on MCS for $74.99, believing it was GPA.

I put the ??? emoji and asked him: "So I have to buy from them, not you?"

He replied: " I ship all my books to them."

My reply: "Ok.....So......Is it ready to be bought right now?"

His reply: "It is graded at CGC and needs to ship. Probably a couple weeks away. I sell WD so fast that unless you constantly monitor EBay or request me to hold it then it will be gone. I posted because some seemed to be unable to locate issues."

My reply: "Ok so can I request that you hold #37 for me please, as long as it's a 9.8?

I'm ready to buy now and whenever it comes in. Please and thank you"

His reply: "Done. It's 9.8 so I'll be in touch in a couple weeks."

So today I figured I'd reach out and PM back seeing as tomorrow 7/10/2015 would be 2 weeks.

I asked him how's things coming along with the #37.

He then said that the books shipped out Tuesday of this week, should be in their system next.

I asked him what is he talking about, what is this system you're talking about?

He said it should be in MCS system and they should list it next week.

I told him that I thought I was buying it from you and I quoted his post to him in the PM, and then I got the " Junk Donkey has removed themself from this topic" pm.

The whole conversation was very odd. And he was very curt in his replies. He wasn't very specific as to what was going on. I just felt that after he told me that he'd "hold" the book for me that he was the one selling it to me, not a 3rd party. I am not suppose to read between the lines. Now I am suppose to hope the book is still available on MCS site to be able to purchase it?

I am so confused. But that's my story and I just want the forum to know what happened between him and I.

This is going to be interesting....