• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

A lot of time and money went into buying / grading, etc.

Scanning, uploading, and posting 3,000 images will take more time.

Why not sell a few books while scanning the rest of them?

Also, we learn as we go.

If I put up all of those scans only to have my thread deleted twice I think I would have lost it.

Now I only have to put the scans up once.

If I had the opportunity to go back and do it over again perhaps I would have done it differently but in the last few weeks I learned some lessons and made some customers happy. So in the end it seems things will work out OK.

If you want to make money you need to spend money, be it physical money at a shop/cgc etc or invest the time to grade and scan. I bet if there was an easy way to do it the threads that had accurate pictures sold 2:1 more books than those without.

If you kept your thread simple (KISS) it would not have been yanked (twice) and thus you would have only had to do the thread once. Another suggestion would be to do it similar to the VCC and just link thumbnails if you want to have 20 books per post, this time do your entire thread in a word document prior to posting on the boards (just in case of internet failure, thread yanking etc).

In the case of large threads with over 100 books, do we really need to have them deleted because the seller took a few days to add pictures?

quit being lazy, instead of adding 100 memes scan in the books

I am not lazy, I am just impatient.

jessica%20a.jpg.png

Sorry, I never do these, but I just couldn't help myself;) .

nuuyh.jpg

Send a PM to yourself to put together the sales thread.

Get everything ready including scans, descriptions, prices, terms, etc. Then when you're ready: copy and paste then post it. That way if something goes wrong and the thread is deleted, you still have all of your work saved and can fix what the issue was instead of starting from scratch. :idea:

...... this thread is for whining, sniveling, and complaining. Please keep all that useful information to yourself. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Mods Notified :sumo:

I think all sales threads MUST have scans/pictures. We have had too many issues with threads without scans/pictures. I've got no dog in this, but sellers are just opening themselves up to issues.

For less expensive books, group pictures are fine. The question is, what is "less expensive" for me, I scan pretty much anything, but I can see group pictures for books sold in lots that average less than $2.00 each.

I also don't mind a picture instead of a scan, as long as they are not blurry. Too many cell phone pictures are blurry, but they CAN be great if you just take the 10 seconds after to hold the camera (phone) still while the phone updates..

...... I actually prefer a good camera shot. It seems to show a truer representation of the color and gloss of a book. There are a few dealers that I'll buy from sight unseen..... but 95% of the time I'll move along from a sales thread with no pics. I don't have a problem with folks adding pics as they go, I do it myself. I try not to presume that I know how much time another person may or may not have. GOD BLESS...

Send a PM to yourself to put together the sales thread.

Get everything ready including scans, descriptions, prices, terms, etc. Then when you're ready: copy and paste then post it. That way if something goes wrong and the thread is deleted, you still have all of your work saved and can fix what the issue was instead of starting from scratch. :idea:

...... this thread is for whining, sniveling, and complaining. Please keep all that useful information to yourself. GOD BLESS...

Mods Notified :sumo:

doh!:sorry:

I think all sales threads MUST have scans/pictures. We have had too many issues with threads without scans/pictures. I've got no dog in this, but sellers are just opening themselves up to issues.

For less expensive books, group pictures are fine. The question is, what is "less expensive" for me, I scan pretty much anything, but I can see group pictures for books sold in lots that average less than $2.00 each.

I also don't mind a picture instead of a scan, as long as they are not blurry. Too many cell phone pictures are blurry, but they CAN be great if you just take the 10 seconds after to hold the camera (phone) still while the phone updates..

I think anything above a $1 should have a scan that's just me. I think most sellers/buyers would agree.

A lot of issues lately are just from the new influx of boardies that are trying their hand at selling for the first time. I just don't think we are as flexible as we used to be. We grab the torch first now a lot of times and some seem to enjoy it. 2c

In the case of large threads with over 100 books, do we really need to have them deleted because the seller took a few days to add pictures?

quit being lazy, instead of adding 100 memes scan in the books

I am not lazy, I am just impatient.

I can understand the impatience thing. When I am doing a selling thread I become impatient as well. I have learned to not start a thread until I have about 50 scans ready to go. After that then I just go with the flow.

As your sales thread goes Id advise a recap after 10 pages and start an Excel thread for buyers that way at the end you don't have to go back thru 50 pages.

Everytime you recap then also recap your buyers as well. Created an invoice in Word or (Notepad :grin:) Then you just add the buyer's name at the top books at the bottom and you are done there too.

Its make ending your sales thread so much easier.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I think anything above a $1 should have a scan that's just me. I think most sellers/buyers would agree.

A lot of issues lately are just from the new influx of boardies that are trying their hand at selling for the first time. I just don't think we are as flexible as we used to be. We grab the torch first now a lot of times and some seem to enjoy it. 2c

I would agree with you, but I'm seeing boardies with newer start dates and with start dates going way back who don't have scans on books marked for way more than $50, sometimes hundreds.

As a collector, I want to SEE what I'm buying and many times the pictures attract me to something that I had no idea I "needed".

Maybe we have more and more people who see comics as stocks, you don't see pictures of stocks, you just buy and sell pieces of paper.

Kind of sad, there is so much to love in the medium.

I would agree with you, but I'm seeing boardies with newer start dates and with start dates going way back who don't have scans on books marked for way more than $50, sometimes hundreds.

As a collector, I want to SEE what I'm buying and many times the pictures attract me to something that I had no idea I "needed".

Maybe we have more and more people who see comics as stocks, you don't see pictures of stocks, you just buy and sell pieces of paper.

Yes I agree. Sadly I think we are the slowly dropping off majority. The buying pool is just changing as well.

I think the way the medium is explored today is just changing and I am not sure its for the good. I cant imagine the frustration some older store owners must have.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I buy books I never heard because of the pictures if it looks interesting. More so on cheaper books.

Edited by wombat