• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

These noobs make me roll my eyes so hard to the point where I can see my arse.

They come in and can't spell (your / you're, u / you), they talk about how they need certain books badly, they wave their money around like everyone needs it and they change their mind like the wind. That's if they even respond at all.

I have two guys in the last week who needed books but have not responded to PM.

I thought we needed some sort of a mild screening process in the past and I'm certainly more in favor of one now than ever. Anything that helps keep the riff raff out.

I feel that there are several "new members" that are definitely shills trolling this place with new threads every day.

Can't CGC require a credit card to sign up? I know there was discussion about it in the past, but this place seems out of control lately. At least much worse than any other time I've been here. I don't know what it was like years ago, but I do see old-timers groaning about the recent influx of noobs so it makes me feel like it is much worse.

Or time requirements before someone can set up shop a sales thread?

I feel that there are several "new members" that are definitely shills trolling this place with new threads every day.

Can't CGC require a credit card to sign up? I know there was discussion about it in the past, but this place seems out of control lately. At least much worse than any other time I've been here. I don't know what it was like years ago, but I do see old-timers groaning about the recent influx of noobs so it makes me feel like it is much worse.

I think there should be a quiz. Have to read the rules and then answer the quiz.

When selling and buying it is allowed to ask for paypal personal payments:

Yes - paypal personal payments are accepted

No - no only paypal goods and services are accepted

OP choice - my sales thread my rules

Did anyone notice what was wrong with this thread? Why was it pulled? (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8725432#Post8725432

he never posted the books. I did call someone palooka

But I thought just this morning I was looking at books in that thread?!

No...??

...And I don't start drinking until 5pm. Strict rule. Really.

Did anyone notice what was wrong with this thread? Why was it pulled? (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8725432#Post8725432

he never posted the books. I did call someone palooka

But I thought just this morning I was looking at books in that thread?!

No...??

...And I don't start drinking until 5pm. Strict rule. Really.

There was a pic in the thread of a book for sale. No idea why it was pulled.

I think it depends where you hang out. I feel like Comics General has been rather tame lately and I haven't noticed a lot of nonsense. The last blowup was in the eBay thread which was events outside the boards.

At Roy and the entire newb thing: People need to use better judgement. When a noob runs in throwing money around, maybe we all shouldn't shove each other over to get it. We should know that the situations don't go well.

I'd say the same goes for newb in the WTB threads. Just ignore them and do business with people you trust.

Personally, I've done a lot of business here on the boards, but most of it is with a small group of people. I know who I trust and repeatedly go back to them. As others have said, I've met people here and know them personally. I've made friends with people just chatting with them. We should know who we can and can't trust.

a n00b a few days ago posted a list of comics he was selling. i contacted him via email and he quoted me a price, i said ok i'll take them, then he said he was getting too many offers and had to increase his price which i said not cool and thank you

came back to let me know he was sorry and was dropping the price to the original offer which i then declined.

It's best to practice self-discipline. lol

ny2n6.jpg

This chalkboard could be filled on a daily basis with a ton of different mantras

The recent dust-up about finding a book cheaper and backing out that I don't know all the details to is currently being played out on a slabbed for sale group on FB. I'm unclear if I'm allowed to link to it, but it isn't too hard to find.

Dan

a n00b a few days ago posted a list of comics he was selling. i contacted him via email and he quoted me a price, i said ok i'll take them, then he said he was getting too many offers and had to increase his price which i said not cool and thank you

came back to let me know he was sorry and was dropping the price to the original offer which i then declined.

:sick:

It's been suggested many times before and generally is met with a view that it is an unfair idea. I.e. that none of us had a time frame so why should some n00b have one.