• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So, basically, we did everything right (shipped with tracking number, insurance included) USPS mess it up, and they are right?

Priority must be signed for, but USPS can simply says " we delivered it" and that's it? I am out $50 just because they say so?

It's not about the money, it's about USPS not following his own rules. So what is the difference if I ship it media mail without insurance? The result would be the same

I have been on the phone with numerous people at USPS about their lackadaisical attitude towards the handling of mail and they are a no fault company. They will refuse to take any responsibility for their losing, misdelivering, and damaging of mail. They will always put that back on the sender.

If, as it appears, these books are slightly overgraded, the seller is opening himself up to a massive return crisis. That, to me, would be the best reason to alert him in some fashion.

Dan

That's true. Basically they'd all be coming back.

But he's slightly over grading like Usain Bolt is slightly fast.

:applause:

Dan

That's the 1st time since I've been here that I had a post poofed. Considering it was polite and was only making a point about being as civil on the internet as one would be in real life, I don't know if that should be classified as ironic or ridiculous. :ohnoez:

If your post quoted the poofed post, or referenced the poofed post, your post would go poof also; although it was not poof-worthy.

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-05%20at%202.56.56%20AM_zps7kmbceyn.png

I don't think creating a gentleman's club of etiquette will work when

trying to show people the error of their ways.

Have you tried or do you just fire both barrels ablazing simply because you can't be bothered?

And if they want an opinion on their grades, feel free to send them to the 'Please Grade My' section to get a second opinion.

If people are good they will learn. If they are being nefarious and mischievous after a PM THEN you are free to call them out and haze them all you want.

But innocent until proven guilty should be the standard.

I happen to agree Roy on all accounts a couple of pages ago.

I can understand your point and I may be cynical lately but it is a privilege to sell here because sellers don't pay any fees to do so, besides PayPal fees.

I don't believe that particular seller is over-grading on purpose but with the

influx of hit and run sellers that fill this place now.

It doesn't hurt to just take a stance and say enough already.

I see your point about the privilege thing, in that sense you’re quite right.

But I still believe we should take a lot more care in electronic written communication: it’s neither spoken nor written word, but with the all the disadvantages and no advantage of both. :P

Thank God for the emoticons! :acclaim:

(Which at least remove some ambiguity, especially when unintended).

I can understand your point and I may be cynical lately but it is a privilege to sell here because sellers don't pay any fees to do so, besides PayPal fees.

But I still believe we should take a lot more care in electronic written communication: it’s neither spoken nor written word, but with the all the disadvantages and no advantage of both. :P

(Which at least remove some ambiguity, especially when unintended)

Hit and run sellers wont get much business here. Usually people looking for a steal. I too agree about it being a privilege, but your viewpoint on how to proceed just choosing the wrong road.

It will do more damage to good sellers because honestly your viewpoint of a grade and my viewpoint of a grade are different.

Ebay is proving this point the last year or two. Some new buyer doesn't like the grade of his book he bought. Doesn't matter that the grade is correct the buyer just doesn't agree with it. That's all ebay or paypal needs now. Education or not the book will get returned. I've even had a buyer tell me the grade was correct they are just picky.

Its here as well we just have a more civil way of reaching agreement.

(Which at least remove some ambiguity, especially when unintended)

Hit and run sellers wont get much business here. Usually people looking for a steal. I too agree about it being a privilege, but your viewpoint on how to proceed just choosing the wrong road.

It will do more damage to good sellers because honestly your viewpoint of a grade and my viewpoint of a grade are different.

Ebay is proving this point the last year or two. Some new buyer doesn't like the grade of his book he bought. Doesn't matter that the grade is correct the buyer just doesn't agree with it. That's all ebay or paypal needs now. Education or not the book will get returned. I've even had a buyer tell me the grade was correct they are just picky.

Its here as well we just have a more civil way of reaching agreement.

You were replying to Red Hood, I suppose… hm

Not to make a case out of it, but – regarding jhutton's last sales thread, for which he had a cancelled deal, the reason brought was that "this wasn't a fair practice", referred to the fact he offered increasing discount offers at the end of the thread for the books left.

Now I hope this nonsense does not become the norm: if I decide to gradually discount what’s left – say – up to 80%, it’s a choice and a deal offered not an "unfair practice". :P

Not to make a case out of it, but – regarding jhutton's last sales thread, for which he had a cancelled deal, the reason brought was that "this wasn't a fair practice", referred to the fact he offered increasing discount offers at the end of the thread for the books left.

Now I hope this nonsense does not become the norm: if I decide to gradually discount what’s left – say – up to 80%, it’s a choice and a deal offered not an "unfair practice". :P

That has to be one of the worst excuses for backing out of a purchase. He would have been better off just saying he changed his mind. Really that is just being greedy and obnoxious. He wants his first choice of books and any discounts applied later.

Really? That's poor cricket.

That has to be one of the worst excuses for backing out of a purchase. He would have been better off just saying he changed his mind. Really that is just being greedy and obnoxious. He wants his first choice of books and any discounts applied later.

No doubt. That's a new one on me. I don't think I've seen that before. I've seen all manner of self-entitled, navel-gazing, "my mommy says I'm special so the rules don't apply to me" type of behavior on this board, but this one is new.

And I've had a seller offer me books, responding to a WTB post I made, that were priced 40% higher than his prices in a sales thread he had currently running at the time.

No doubt. That's a new one on me. I don't think I've seen that before. I've seen all manner of self-entitled, navel-gazing, "my mommy says I'm special so the rules don't apply to me" type of behavior on this board, but this one is new.

And I've had a seller offer me books, responding to a WTB post I made, that were priced 40% higher than his prices in a sales thread he had currently running at the time.

He did manage to blame it on his wife. So he had that going for him.

It's not cool. We've seen threads for years with incremental price reductions. It's an accepted practice here and a common practice in most retail markets.

Admitting to voluntary marital castration? Interesting strategy. Maybe banking on the seller being distracted from his douchbaaggery by the invoked image of neutering. hm

:facepalm:

Agreed.

Looking at the thread now, it's a $10 difference and a $10 they were never entitled to at all.

Amazing people will douse their board reputations in gas and light up over less than the cost of a tpb.

:facepalm:

Agreed.

Looking at the thread now, it's a $10 difference and a $10 they were never entitled to at all.

Amazing people will douse their board reputations in gas and light up over less than the cost of a tpb.

Good on the seller for just walking away, but you're absolutely right. You can't expect a discount that applies to what's left on books you quickly took because there was competition.