• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

You want to help Chip out? Don't keep handing him money with one hand while you cup his balls in the other.

I love your way with words. :luhv:

:D

Me too lol

Hey, I used Brobdingnagian in a sentence, too. That's gotta count for something. I usually only get to use that word when I drop trou. :cool:

You want to help Chip out? Don't keep handing him money with one hand while you cup his balls in the other.

Pretty sure it was Roy who told him not to make selling comics his bread and butter in a thread ages ago.

I must've missed that. But then why keep sending him more books to sell? hm

Something about a Dog in the Monkey house reaching the third moon of Capricorn over the Masonic Temple in Jonestown....made him do it.

lol

Me too lol

Hey, I used Brobdingnagian in a sentence, too. That's gotta count for something. I usually only get to use that word when I drop trou. :cool:

haha

Shows you have may have read a good book or two. ;)

Me too lol

I was going to give you a (thumbs u for that, but decided it deserved a plaque instead...

156lzb.jpg

Me too lol

I was going to give you a (thumbs u for that, but decided it deserved a plaque instead...

156lzb.jpg

:acclaim:

I think I'm going to have to put that in my sig line. :grin:

Pretty sure it was Roy who told him not to make selling comics his bread and butter in a thread ages ago.

I must've missed that. But then why keep sending him more books to sell? hm

Something about a Dog in the Monkey house reaching the third moon of Capricorn over the Masonic Temple in Jonestown....made him do it.

I've never understood how my life can be predetermined based upon when my parents decided to have sex.

Do you think he was completely transparent, clear, above board, and was fully honest about his situation, the amount of money he wanted, where it was going, and why?

I don't but then I also am not sure if he meant to deceive or just doesn't know how to manage money. Desperation is blinding and maturity is a progression.

But what I am talking about is has he taken someone's money without shipping an item or promised something and not given it?

Because that is what I thought we were initially talking about when people talked about his past toy dealings and his status on this forum.

Nice poke earlier. :facepalm:

Can you even verify his current need for help or the job that is quick to start training and then give a day off. A boardie need not win a popularity contest to have a solid opinion.

And guys, I'm not going to tell anyone how to feel about Chip or how to deal with him.

What is important is that he is human as we all are and we all live and die by our own personal choices.

So just make those choices.

And I choose to call BS on someone who has a pattern of dishonest behaviour and complete lack of self responsibility.

I don't wish anything negative on anyone, but I find it ironic that some of the people clamoring the loudest against Chip have their own personal issues regarding getting along on this chat forum.

By the way, this is a pretty insulting thing to say. What does "getting along" have to do with asking people for money and not being willing to be accountable for where that money is going?

It's a piece of cake to "get along" with everyone: tell them what they want to hear. You do that, and you'll have no end of friends. You'll get along with everyone. Say the right things, do the right things, never say anything to anyone that might possibly offend them, never disagree with anyone, enthusiastically agree with everyone, etc.

You will also be lying to everyone and yourself.

Many, many people choose this route, obviously.

You see "put down the words and do what you need to do, Chip" and see "clamoring against." Your perspective is wrong. Those saying that couldn't be more FOR Chip, because that is precisely what will save Chip in his situation.

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend..."

Had to eliminate the ignore function but this was well worth it. It takes absolutely no courage to be a yes man.

I don't wish anything negative on anyone, but I find it ironic that some of the people clamoring the loudest against Chip have their own personal issues regarding getting along on this chat forum.

Is everyone so self righteous that they can just talk about someone like they are a soulless entity. A void? A 2 dimensional cartoon character?

The analogies are unsound if used as direct correlations.

A person is not a frog or a scorpion or a snake.

If they are, which animals are the ones who are pointing fingers?

Gang, we are talking about people, not amphibians or reptiles.

If snakes can't help their nature and zebras can't change their stripes, why do we have a justice system that allows people to restart and rebuild?

Roy, I get that you have a soft spot for the guy, but I think posts like this are part of the problem. I don't know Chip personally, but I suspect in private conversation he comes off like a decent fellow. And because of that, he probably doesn't have the luxury of having someone in his life that cares enough to call him out on his wildly_fanciful_statement.

Personally, while I don't have an ax to grind with Chip, I find the stuff he posts here pretty deplorable. Admitting to taking advantage of people to make an extra buck, blaming genetics for his lack of motivation, chalking up his Brobdingnagian financial debt to bad luck or poor circumstance... It's just mess, man. Pure, unbridled, corn-riddled mess.

To come here and ask for help, when it seems like he's made zero effort to help himself, is pretty dirty. To ask for $12k more than he actually needs, without letting anyone know the reasons why, is borderline fraud.

Go look at those links I posted, and you'll find a few posts like yours. "Let's hear him out guys." "There's two sides to every story." "You guys are being cruel."

Yuck. Years later, and here we are again.

You want to help Chip out? Don't keep handing him money with one hand while you cup his balls in the other. Give him the knowledge he needs to improve his life. Maybe help him find a continuing education program or a trade school so he can learn some marketable skills. Maybe take him under your wing and teach him some trade secrets on how to become a BSD comic dealer, if that's what he really wants to do.

But please, let's stop making Chip out to be a victim here. He does a fine job of that without any help.

So many good posts. :applause:

By the way, this is a pretty insulting thing to say. What does "getting along" have to do with asking people for money and not being willing to be accountable for where that money is going?

It's a piece of cake to "get along" with everyone: tell them what they want to hear. You do that, and you'll have no end of friends. You'll get along with everyone. Say the right things, do the right things, never say anything to anyone that might possibly offend them, never disagree with anyone, enthusiastically agree with everyone, etc.

You will also be lying to everyone and yourself.

Many, many people choose this route, obviously.

You see "put down the words and do what you need to do, Chip" and see "clamoring against." Your perspective is wrong. Those saying that couldn't be more FOR Chip, because that is precisely what will save Chip in his situation.

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend..."

I was speaking about some of the more abrasive personalities but I didn't specify that.

I don't consider you abrasive, so it had nothing to do with you. :):foryou:

Personally, I think there is a lot of good advice in this thread (and others) for Chip to use but unlike reading a book where that advice can be understood and assimilated in an easy manner where the reader may not be defensive, it's fragmented and colored with many different personalities on here.

Another thing to address is that Chip has himself revealed several times that he is depressed.

I'm not sure a public chat forum is the way to address all of this stuff.

Now that every angle has been probably covered in all of this, I'm sure if that if someone wanted to reach out privately and invest some time to help Chip that it would be more appreciated than just posts on a chat forum.

With that, I'm out. :)

He brought it to the boards. Nobody asked him to. :eyeroll: