• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

For those of you who care (and I don't want this to be seen as me pimping my books but the reality is that I do need to sell some books to make a living), I have decided to auction my books through Chip. I could have easily forwarded them to Heritage or MyComicShop for consignment auctions but I think it's beneficial to both of us in several ways - the most obvious being that mutually it helps us both.

The reason I am posting this here is that I realize that some may have concerns about bidding, but the reality is that me and another consignor of Chip's (a very well established, long time board member) have discussed this recently and we have absolutely no problem continuing to stay the course with Chip.

If anyone has any reservations about bidding, rest assured that I will stand behind every sale personally from beginning to end and also personally attend to any concerns should they arise. I don't anticipate any but wanted to throw that out there so we are on the same page.

If anyone else wants to know my some of my deeper reasoning feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer.

If nothing else, this will allow him to work his way out of the hole.

That give him stock in his own recovery, and a sense of accomplishment as it progresses.

That's never a bad thing.

Very happy to see you back here Chip. Stay strong, stay positive.

One thing I might suggest is look into joining a local YMCA or other health/wellness facility. You probably could get this prescribed to you by your doctor and if not, often YMCAs have a discount or are free if your income is below a certain level. Working out gets the endorphin's flowing and also can be a decent place to meet new people.

Keep up the good work! (thumbs u

This needs to go viral. (thumbs u

Edit: at least post it in your now classic comedy thread in General which it pertains to.

Edited by iggy

When is CAK ever going to post the pic of himself holding the paper I brought to him at the Carbo show?

Just snapped one for you, aaaand Seanfingh, of course ;)....

<a  href=srspapercgcforumpic_zps5xrkjugg.jpg' alt

So that really was you in that avatar pic you finally took down (thanks)

You look like you have gained some weight since then

When is CAK ever going to post the pic of himself holding the paper I brought to him at the Carbo show?

Just snapped one for you, aaaand Seanfingh, of course ;)....

<a  href=srspapercgcforumpic_zps5xrkjugg.jpg' alt

So that really was you in that avatar pic you finally took down (thanks)

You look like you have gained some weight since then

Haha... not sure what to say to the first comment.Figured if Hector was going to coach me to win the boardie of the year award, I should take his input and lose the old profile pic ;)

The "ima gonna need about tree fiddy Lochness Monster seems to fit aptly, in its' place. :lol:

But yeah, I did gain about 25 pounds, in the past year.

Quitting weight training and running was the secret to my success.I can train you too, free of charge...no problem, brah.Send me a PM for tips on going from having a 6 pack, to drinking a 6 pack blah blah blah.

Used to do a lot of Olympic liftting....well before all of the Crossfit d-bags made it trendy....heavy deadlifts once a week along with steady state and HITT cardio 3-4 days a week.

Dropped all of that in favor of selling comics in my spare time while simultaneously cutting out "clean" eating.

Not the wisest lifestyle choice no doubt, I went from looking man-tastic tooo...cough cough, having the physique of the typical comic book dealer/convention attendee.

Nothing that a couple cycles of oxandrolone + testosterone propionate won't fix, though. :insane: ......... :jokealert:

Jokes aside.....(and before somebody hits the notify a mod button, let me reinterate that the last statement was meant faceciously)....it is amazing just how easy ot is to get out of shape.

I've let myself go too.

In my younger days I went by the name of Homer. Seven feet tall I was, with arms like tree trunks. My eyes were like steel, cold, hard. Had a shock of hair, red like the fires of Hell.

let me reinterate that the last statement was meant faceciously

(worship)

Ah, come on....

I've been pressing books since 1AM for Wizard Philly subs today, I'm bound to make an occasional spelling error on 2 hours of sleep....hah.

Then you need to reinterate sleep into your routine.