• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Other words that rhyme with hector

Collector

Molestor

Inspector

Detector

serpent deflector

Mudrat detector

ribbon reflector

cushion convector

picture of nectar

viral dissector

Hormone collector

Swicks a cheap trick

Sucking *spoon*

Fluffing Greggys *spoon*

Exactly. It was so mean he would have been pming people about it for weeks. Ain't nobody got time for that.

But can you build a fire pit without a back hoe?

If he can't I'll dig if for him. I've got more certs than teeth.

walshlakeshoredrive001-2.jpg

hitachi001.jpg

You ever drive one of those Dr? My dream when I was a little kid. So wish I could

:roflmao:

that's me in the pic's. I was in Local #150 Operating Engineers for 38 years before I retired. I ran probably every kind of excavator made, including the old air over hydraulic, and hydraulic over friction machines before technology took off and the variable displacement pumps took over.

Let's start talking about my crack first.

I think if I take a few pics in Chicago this year and put them in my con report, we can really open up a discussion about it.

Hopefully you won't chicken out like last year.

You know what happened last year. I just don't announce everything on these boards.

I'm often amazed and befuddled the amount of highly personal stuff that some people post on the internet. Just don't get it

That was my point with deleting.I made that post late last night, didnt mean to say this thread should be deleted....meant to say the Chip Go Fund Me thread should be deleted, for Chip's sake.

Of course his name is still plasteted over the internet elsewhere but those other threads are several years old.

In any event, my job advice was solid.

Construction, as an entry level laborer ( no exp needed) takes the cake over a McDonald's or Walmart job.

His own feelings of self worth will NOT be positively effected by slinging fries at Mc D's or stocking shelves st Walmart.

A manual labor job, will require a lot of hard work on his part, which will help him mentally in terms of self respect.

The job I linked to offered benefits, as well.Any job in construction, starting out as a laborer has room for advancement to a crew foreman, if you pick the trade up and work hard...expect to put in 1-3 years of a laborer before becoming a crew foreman.

There is also comradery with the guys you work with while you're busting your a** , under the sun in the summer...and in the cold of the winter months...

.......you don't get any of that when you take a job where you're stocking shelves in a soul crushing Walmart warehouse or asking a 15 year old kid if he wants to super size his value meal for an additional 99 cents.

As far as the comment by another boardie about deletingChip's posting history on here as "hiding" the facts from a potential employer....I'd say that his posts here are really just embarrassing, and if he truly wants to get his life together, and is eager to work instead of asking others for money, you should not have issue with his taking steps in that direction.

There are a million other reasons why he shouldn't have his life spilling out over a public forum, as well.

That was me. His posts here are certainly embarrassing. They also clearly indicate a person who has numerous long term financial and emotional issues and is currently stating he is suicidal. Employers should know the potential, toxic employee they're considering and Chip has done his best to provide them with all the information they desire.

Honestly, Chip needs a lot of help in IMHO is currently unemployable. He needs to spend time with a psychiatrist to get his head straight. He probably needs to declare bankruptcy and work with a financial planner. Chip mentioned that his family betrayed him and I'm guessing that's related to his issues and they gave up on him; perhaps reuniting with his family would help.

But can you build a fire pit without a back hoe?

If he can't I'll dig if for him. I've got more certs than teeth.

walshlakeshoredrive001-2.jpg

hitachi001.jpg

You ever drive one of those Dr? My dream when I was a little kid. So wish I could

:roflmao:

that's me in the pic's. I was in Local #150 Operating Engineers for 38 years before I retired. I ran probably every kind of excavator made, including the old air over hydraulic, and hydraulic over friction machines before technology took off and the variable displacement pumps took over.

The levels of awesome in this post is insane. Must have been so cool. Do you miss it?

The levels of awesome in this post is insane. Must have been so cool. Do you miss it?

Sometimes. I did alot of big sewer work in Chicago. You talk about nerve racking and you have to have a lot of patience loading trucks and digging around utilites that are all over the place. Gas, 911, Com Ed, water lines, water mains, street light cable. The stuff is all over the place.

Plus your pulling a double stack of trench boxes as you go with steel plates lining the sides to keep water and krap out of the ditch until you get the pipe set. I dug some deep runs, some around 38' deep.

I did most everything though. Even was on the River Forest Deep Tunnel project for two years. The main tunnels were 30 ft in diameter and 280 ft down. Drop shafts were about 12ft in diameter. I took alot of pictures of all that stuff through the years, and some good videos.

One more pic and that's it, don't want to derail this thread. I have some great videos but I need to get them switched over to DVD.

This is a Volvo 460. Mediocre machine at best. Too front heavy and not alot of power. This was the start of the new McCormick Place exapansion. We are making a connection and started layin 72" diameter sewer. The pipe weigh about 18,000lbs each.

You can see the boxes in the ground and the plates on the sides. The guys standing are some of the best in the business and I've know them for over 30 years. Great foreman, bottom man and top man. I miss those guys. Every one knew they're sheet and never no problems. What a huge project this was. Lots of over time and lots of fun in those days.

945215_105895332952642_258907066_n.jpg

My friends and I found one of those on a Sat. at a construction site when I was a kid. My friend got it going and we did quite a bit of damage.

That was fun, but I am sure someone lost their job come Monday morning.

Would love to see some pictures when you have some free time. That sounds fascinating!
If you ever start a WC thread on this count me in. Sounds pretty crazy.

Hi everyone. I just got home from the hospital and thought I'd give an update for those of you that care.

I called the suicide hotline when it was posted here in the thread after I made my initial comments Thursday evening. About 20 minutes into that phone call the counselor from the local police department called me so I told the suicide line I'd rather speak with my local office (the woman on the hotline was terrible, BTW...seemed very disinterested in what I had to say). The local woman was very positive and about 10 minutes into that conversation the door knocked and she told me that it was an officer.

I hung up with her and spoke to the officer for about 5 minutes. I guess I seemed like I was in really bad shape because he quickly motioned for the EMS guys who I didn't even notice were by my driveway with the ambulance. They took me to the hospital right away.

When I got to the emergency room the security officer there took all my stuff...wallet, keys, cell phone and clothes. I was given scrubs and sat in a small room for a little while. A doctor came in and examined me and asked me some questions. Two nurses showed up to take blood and urine samples. Then after another few hours a "Hospitalist" come in and asked more psyche-related questions, talked with me for about an hour and gave me a few exams. I was taken to my own room in the psyche ward about 3:30am.

The next morning (yesterday) when I woke up I noticed that the room had nothing in it save for my bed, the door was open and a security guard was stationed right outside. That's was the environment for the rest of the weekend. I wasn't allowed my phone, a TV or even a magazine. I had to wait all day until about 8pm last night to see the psychiatrist as he doesn't work in the hospital. He consults from a private practice. He spent about an hour with me and prescribed medications for bi-polar disease. He stated it was pretty obvious from what I was describing as to what was going on and what I history was. He prescribed me medication that I'd not tried yet. I listed all the medications I'd been on in the past that hadn't worked.

I had two women show up that offered free counseling and care with a local office as well as free prescription medication and I'm getting a referral call-back Monday or Tuesday to go into counseling. I just arrived home from getting discharged and am going to have my prescriptions filled for my two medications now. The psychiatrist and medical doctor both said that I should see definitive results regularly within 4-6 weeks but could see some reaction within the first week as my mind gets acclimated to the medication.

Hopefully this is a start on a somewhat full recovery for me from where I've been mentally and emotionally. I appreciate all the advice posted in this thread. I'll be taking the time to re-read it all in-depth this evening once I'm resting. I realize there's a lot of good information here, especially about the jobs available to me.

Thank you to everyone that expressed concern for my well-being. That means a lot to me even though I've never met any of you.

Regards,

Chip