• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

But it's your cash to spend. With my luck, I'd buy these and there would be a bunch of back cover stains and defects, one of them would be a German variant, or some such. lol

There would also be a cochroack crushed between the pages of an ASM #129, but hey… it’s life. :D

Thankfully the now extinct cochroack, the scourge of the SA comic book :insane:

Thanks for the input c4fun and valiant, always glad to get others' perspectives.

I get where he's coming from, particularly in the event e.g. that all the books end up in VG, at best (which would price out just about the asking price imo).

In the past when collecting (2008 and earlier, but practically only ebay) I was one suspicious/skeptical/glass-is-half-empty scrutinizer. Guess I've mellowed.

Though I still shop on ebay too, and recently found seller with scans that have whites that are too white; !, that gave me an itch for a while. And like others I disapprove of keyword spamming (CGC in titles, adding key #s, etc.). So there's still plenty of the crotchety still in me.

:) Yes I was being a bit extreme in my language/position to make my point.... I wasnt actually worried about the transaction as much as I was thinking "come on guys we're better than this!" but I get the fact that laborious grading can be overkill too... especially when the point is to sell a lot fast at a good price.

it's all good

love when someone sets the price on their book and says "that's what I have in it", but you see the sale in GPA (from less than a month ago) for $100 less... and there's no way shipping was $100... ;)

Tons of BS going on in the marketplace these days. See stuff that I would expect from barkers not fellow forum members.

love when someone sets the price on their book and says "that's what I have in it", but you see the sale in GPA (from less than a month ago) for $100 less... and there's no way shipping was $100... ;)

Tons of BS going on in the marketplace these days. See stuff that I would expect from barkers not fellow forum members.

1axsnx.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Why do we expect "new" sellers to follow the rules when "veteran" sellers can't be bothered with the rules? doh!

I love when a seller (new or old) puts down,

"Usual rules apply"

What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?!?

No details, no payment options, no return policy.

Leaving it to interpretation.

If you're that lazy at selling then you don't deserve to get ahead.

Maybe he's anticipating having to sell the book for 30% of value to a "pawn not pawn/loan not loan" operation whose seed has been planted in the "dealers/ebay listing" room, and he's trying to set the bar as high as possible before he allows that guy to "help him out".

$20 postage from Heritage + $20 postage to you + $60 of anguish for having to sell so soon.

Appears to add up. hm

Maybe he's anticipating having to sell the book for 30% of value to a "pawn not pawn/loan not loan" operation whose seed has been planted in the "dealers/ebay listing" room, and he's trying to set the bar as high as possible before he allows that guy to "help him out".

:flamed::o