• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

but I don't see how it could be "thread crapping".

maybe a simple "could you please explain how you arrived at grade "x"?" (shrug)

edited to add: quoted the wrong part but moving on

Edited by Bird

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I believe that "thread crapping" just pertains to calling out people in their sales threads. 

Doesn't mean I'm advocating starting a ruckus on this thread, but I don't see how it could be "thread crapping". 

Just not sure how it could be done without explosions. Explosions usually don't solve the problems. They just create hard feelings, so I have no idea what the right answer would be.

I've been known to be direct.

hm

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I was doing some reading in a thread.  Man, some people will put up with just about anything for cool books.  :facepalm:

Yeah, I feel like the sales forum as a whole is suffering because of some of the nonsense going on.

27 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Yeah, I feel like the sales forum as a whole is suffering because of some of the nonsense going on.

You mean the solar boy thread?

In general I stay out of threads where there’s so much banter that you find just one or two books on a page.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:09 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Did I miss the Dale Carnegie/PT Barnum seminar on how to create awesome sales threads? 

On 10/16/2017 at 8:58 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I'm amazed at how people buy books without a back scan pic when the front scan pic clearly shows some damage

:bump: 

There was a time when nonsense like this would not be tolerated but a lot of the old guard is gone :( 

From the “best thread of all time”

Guys I'm only going to say this once and I don't want to seem like a jerk for saying it but I'm going to say it anyway. 

I could care less if you guys buy books for $3-5 when they are going on eBay for $20-30. If you dont want to go back and search for a book then don't.  And Adam is correct, you can easily find any book on page 1 by using the search tool, brings you right to the page. So no I'm not going to put page #s next to books on every recap page and I'm not going to use razes list either. If you don't want to buy books from my thread because you don't want to search pages then don't.  Go buy books elsewhere. You guys are complaining way too much and i honestly am getting annoyed with it. Instead of being grateful that I'm giving you major keys, minor keys and commons that you need for your runs at a fraction of the price you complain about me having to make your comic buying lives easier.  If you don't understand that I have a full time job that I work 90 hours a week, I see 3-4 families a day, spend 1-2 hours at their home and drive time....ooh and then I come home and scan each one of these books one by one, then make sure to do a recap to clean up what's purchased and not purchased, track who bought what. Keep track of payment plans and such. Then search thru the 10 boxes I sold so far to put packages together for you guys. Then carefully pack the comics and ship them out. 

So here is what I will do from now on as a reward for all you guys complaining. If anyone complains again about anything I'm doing or not doing you will be banned from my thread and I will not sell to you for a year. If I get a couple people complaining from this point on I'll ban you and stop all discounts moving forward for everyone else. That will actually make me more money. Because what isn't purchased ill post on eBay and just make 2x to 3x of what you guys are taking them for here and still complaining. 

Hope I'm clear here. And Tricolorbrian. You're a retired young man with a ton of time on your hands. Drink your warm milk and search through the darn pages it's not a big deal. Or come to my place and try what I'm doing for a day and see if you're still complaining. Geez man, I'm selling books at 50-70% off an already low original posting price that I'm seeing selling on other sites for 2-3 times my prices. 

I'm serious about what I said above, will be posting some awesome books tonight and again if you are not happy for any reason please don't buy from me and just stop posting in my thread and go elsewhere.  I really don't care.  A lot of you have bought a ton from me for a long time now, from 4-5 of my threads, know how I grade, know how I pack, know my return policy is literally perfect. If you don't agree with how I'm grading don't buy from me please. If you don't want to search for books don't buy from me. I'm not here begging you guys to buy from me at such a low price....please go buy from Someone else.....thank you all and have a great day.

Edited by jsilverjanet

35 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Many got a good slap in the face.   Especially the guy who spent all that time with the linked recap.  What are you going to do, though?  I mean there's cool books. 

He probably was drinking his warm milk and had the time

54 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

There was a time when nonsense like this would not be tolerated but a lot of the old guard is gone :( 

Guys I'm only going to say this once and I don't want to seem like a jerk for saying it but I'm going to say it anyway. 

I could care less if you guys buy books for $3-5 when they are going on eBay for $20-30. If you dont want to go back and search for a book then don't.  And Adam is correct, you can easily find any book on page 1 by using the search tool, brings you right to the page. So no I'm not going to put page #s next to books on every recap page and I'm not going to use razes list either. If you don't want to buy books from my thread because you don't want to search pages then don't.  Go buy books elsewhere. You guys are complaining way too much and i honestly am getting annoyed with it. Instead of being grateful that I'm giving you major keys, minor keys and commons that you need for your runs at a fraction of the price you complain about me having to make your comic buying lives easier.  If you don't understand that I have a full time job that I work 90 hours a week, I see 3-4 families a day, spend 1-2 hours at their home and drive time....ooh and then I come home and scan each one of these books one by one, then make sure to do a recap to clean up what's purchased and not purchased, track who bought what. Keep track of payment plans and such. Then search thru the 10 boxes I sold so far to put packages together for you guys. Then carefully pack the comics and ship them out. 

So here is what I will do from now on as a reward for all you guys complaining. If anyone complains again about anything I'm doing or not doing you will be banned from my thread and I will not sell to you for a year. If I get a couple people complaining from this point on I'll ban you and stop all discounts moving forward for everyone else. That will actually make me more money. Because what isn't purchased ill post on eBay and just make 2x to 3x of what you guys are taking them for here and still complaining. 

Hope I'm clear here. And Tricolorbrian. You're a retired young man with a ton of time on your hands. Drink your warm milk and search through the darn pages it's not a big deal. Or come to my place and try what I'm doing for a day and see if you're still complaining. Geez man, I'm selling books at 50-70% off an already low original posting price that I'm seeing selling on other sites for 2-3 times my prices. 

I'm serious about what I said above, will be posting some awesome books tonight and again if you are not happy for any reason please don't buy from me and just stop posting in my thread and go elsewhere.  I really don't care.  A lot of you have bought a ton from me for a long time now, from 4-5 of my threads, know how I grade, know how I pack, know my return policy is literally perfect. If you don't agree with how I'm grading don't buy from me please. If you don't want to search for books don't buy from me. I'm not here begging you guys to buy from me at such a low price....please go buy from Someone else.....thank you all and have a great day. 

I'd be embarassed if I posted that as a seller. :facepalm:

If you're going to run a sales thread here, there are expectations of you as a seller.  Clear terms of sale.  Scans, preferably back and front covers of books that are at certain  price levels, or if you're going to take a picture, you better make it as clear as possible.  Somewhat accurate grading.  Keeping up with the thread, updating it as necessary (and providing a recap whenever possible to avoid confusion).  Good communication and timely, careful shipping.  And appreciation for the fact that you have a fee-free forum to post your wares in, rather than having to go onto eBay.

Dale Roberts has run some monster sales threads over the years, and he's managed to do all of that without issue, and he's not the only one who's done the same.  If you can't manage all of the above, then it's a reflection on you as a seller, not on people who expect you to do the work if you want your thread to be successful.

I buy from a lot of people on here -- and there are some I wouldn't buy from under any circumstance.  With that type of atttitude (as just one thing), it makes it easy for me to choose the latter.  And Hector's right -- there was a time when someone who posted something like that would have been absolutely raked over the coals.  But, as other have said -- cool books. (shrug)

Edited by ChiSoxFan

7 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Agreed, how does this guy even have the nerve to rant like this.  Is it too hard to sell on a fee free site? You should consider yourself lucky.

If you were grading accurately then you would be giving a discount but your grading is 1.5 to 2.5 grades off so you are really selling at normal prices.

I feel for the people that waste their money in your sales thread because those books are not the assigned grade.  Just terrible.

Where do I sign up to be banned from ever dealing with you? That's not a punishment.... that's a privilege. 

It fits in nicely with his stolen books thread.  Boardies tried to help.  He repaid with accusing respectable boardies of stealing and buying his stolen books.  Topped off with a large dose of name calling. 

5 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

It fits in nicely with his stolen books thread.  Boardies tried to help.  He repaid with accusing respectable boardies of stealing and buying his stolen books.  Topped off with a large dose of name calling. 

I had him blocked prior to this latest rant (where I blocked him again).  I remember that thread and the reason why now.  Thanks for the reminder. :facepalm:

38 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Seriously?!?!  lol

Raze did a lot of work, reminded me of how nice Decepticon was, he'd swoop into a sales thread and get  it all organized. I think he gave many of us the idea of using a recap, at least he did for me.

I miss Ken (Decepticon), Raze seems like the same kind of nice guy though :)