• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Can someone tell me why it's ok for the OP of the largest, current FS thread on the 1st page in GSB, to post several copper and modern books?   It's kind of a slap in the face for those who have their threads pulled for doing much less.  

Someone has to report the post for the mods to know. Do you know if this has been done?

12 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Can someone tell me why it's ok for the OP of the largest, current FS thread on the 1st page in GSB, to post several copper and modern books?   It's kind of a slap in the face for those who have their threads pulled for doing much less.  

Sorry, didn't really know it was an issue. I won't post anymore books from that time period. If you want me to remove the ones still available, I will do so. 

Just now, Dale Roberts said:

Sorry, didn't really know it was an issue. I won't post anymore books from that time period. If you want me to remove the ones still available, I will do so. 

Thanks for the reply, Dale.  I think the only fair way is to remove the books that don't fit.  They could be posted in the copper/modern section.  

3 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

OK, will try to adhere to that. If it is going to be a rule which causes posts to be moved, probably should be a hard and fast date for it.

well, the mods operate in mysterious ways here and their methods are unknown to us mortals. But it WILL get the thread pulled if someone complains, especially multiple books. Moderns in GSB for sure won't fly.

(I am just chiming in here, I got no horse in this race.)

Just now, Bird said:

well, the mods operate in mysterious ways here and their methods are unknown to us mortals. But it WILL get the thread pulled if someone complains, especially multiple books. Moderns in GSB for sure won't fly.

(I am just chiming in here, I got no horse in this race.)

No problem. I will pull what is out there this morning.

34 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

How many is several? I've seen many threads where the poster says "I know these are copper/modern, and but I only have a few" and that's been okay.

1 minute ago, FineCollector said:

How many is several? I've seen many threads where the poster says "I know these are copper/modern, and but I only have a few" and that's been okay.

Just because it doesn't get removed does not mean that it is okay. The post has to be reported for it to be addressed. People should know the rules and follow them; if not you could get the thread pulled but only if brought to a mods attention (and then they do something about it).

On 12/18/2018 at 9:55 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

This last thread I am running had NO frenzy but still has fared very well with people thinking over whether they will buy or not. I think the factors are many that create a frenzy thread:

4. The right books- this really should be number 2. Western photo covers do not a frenzy make...yet.

I'm a very small fish here, and I can only speak for myself, but I dont look at your sales threads anymore.  To me, they seem heavy on Archie and GGA, which isnt my thing at all.  That's what your buyers are buying, so I get it, but not my cup of tea.

22 minutes ago, Dale Roberts said:

OK, will try to adhere to that. If it is going to be a rule which causes posts to be moved, probably should be a hard and fast date for it.

Part of the problem is that there is no consensus on a hard and fast date for the start of the Copper Age. Ask many people and you'll get many different answers. There are even some batpoopy crazy ideas out there that the Copper age didn't begin until 1986. lol 

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

Just because it doesn't get removed does not mean that it is okay. The post has to be reported for it to be addressed. People should know the rules and follow them; if not you could get the thread pulled but only if brought to a mods attention (and then they do something about it).

OPG and a few other places consider the Bronze Age to extend into 1985..... which I absolutely disagree with, but it seems I am in the minority. I have heard from several fairly reputable sources that the Mods consider the cut off to be books above one dollar in cover price. Personally, I don't care if someone squeezes in a ASM 300 every now and then, but I certainly wouldn't want it to be like eBay were the GA search turns up piles of books that don't belong there. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu