• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

lol more like "looking for a tax write off to offset your profits for the year? Buy this book at 3x GPA!"

I can think of much better tax write offs....meals and "entertainment" at the club get 50% deductions :Dlol

Strip club expenses can be deducted? LAP DANCES FOR EVERYONE!

lol my ex at the time had been talking to me about wanting to get Breast Augmentation surgery and I joked with her saying she should do it and that she could actually claim the expense on her taxes. She was a bar tender at the time lol

Looking for a good investment!

I work in finance and my investing philosophy wasn't to buy high and sell low...but that's just me :screwy:

Let's be realistic. That comic is going be worth that much in about 15 years. It's really not fair to the seller to not get its potential worth!

You low ballers quoting current GPA pricing should be ashamed of yourselves!

:grin:

Why did the X-men seller say he would ask "him" to send better pics? Is it not even his book?

Wow, so symbi said he would not sell here for a while but I guess he does not mind using the boards to promote his stuff. :facepalm:

Why did the X-men seller say he would ask "him" to send better pics? Is it not even his book?

the OP stated in the pre-wiped thread that it was a consignment. And the photo comment sounds like he doesnt have the book in hand...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7623997&fpart=1

If this is his business model he never actually has the book. The person he is selling for is responsible for shipping it after he sells it using their stellar photos and out of line pricing :D

Edited by Cascaders27

Wow, so symbi said he would not sell here for a while but I guess he does not mind using the boards to promote his stuff. :facepalm:

X-men guy is trying to get ppls at no cost to them and no insurance to them to send him books. he will sell the books at a low cost of only 20%. So he is saying that the X-men book is not his and a "client" and his client wants X so he is bumping it up X+20%

And I just saw his WTB for covers of TOS39 and JLA1. (Offering $50-100)

Wonder if he has coverless copies of that book, and is going to marry them (hope he discloses that little fact when he sells) or if he's doing something even crazier with the covers....

The pictures of the X-men 1 seem reminiscent of a craigslist listing, so I wonder if he came across someone trying to sell an X-men 1 on craigslist, buttered him up that he has "connections" and can sell it to the direct market (i.e. our board) and thus had his consignment...

Looking at the guys posts I cant get a bead on his deal....

Ah, yes, now I remember him from the cosignment thread. How could everyone not jump all over that deal? :eyeroll:

I certainly hope this is not one of those cases I remember from a year ago where a guy was trying to flip books he had not even bought yet by basically advertising other peoples sales threads (without them knowing) with a price increase. Kind of like a pre-flip sale.

Ah, yes, now I remember him from the cosignment thread. How could everyone not jump all over that deal? :eyeroll:

I certainly hope this is not one of those cases I remember from a year ago where a guy was trying to flip books he had not even bought yet by basically advertising other peoples sales threads (without them knowing) with a price increase. Kind of like a pre-flip sale.

I am dealing with one of those guys now. He even had the balls to take my photos I sent him and plaster them around with a whopping 1.66x mark up to what he is "going" to pay me. I say going cause he has been talking with me since early April and still yet to pick them up. (Off board transaction).

Wonder if he has coverless copies of that book, and is going to marry them (hope he discloses that little fact when he sells) or if he's doing something even crazier with the covers....

The pictures of the X-men 1 seem reminiscent of a craigslist listing, so I wonder if he came across someone trying to sell an X-men 1 on craigslist, buttered him up that he has "connections" and can sell it to the direct market (i.e. our board) and thus had his consignment...

Perhaps: married cover + cracked case + fake label + blurry photos = recipe for somethin' shady.

Perhaps: married cover + cracked case + fake label + blurry photos = recipe for somethin' shady.

You can trust him he has 51 positive feedbacks and once found a wallet with $2,000 in it!

You can trust him he has 51 positive feedbacks and once found a wallet with $2,000 in it!

Yes...but he only returned $1600...

Yes...but he only returned $1600...

20% is 20% lol