• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

spiderman116_spideydancing1.gif

:roflmao:

My oldest daughter, who's 10 and a huge spidey fan, set down her ASM essentials book last night and said, "Can I read Daredevil?" I almost fell over myself trying to find the first DD Masterwork.....proudest moment as a parent. :acclaim:

Anyway, carry on. :headbang:

Cardboard = box

:facepalm:

I've run into this loose interpretation of "box" more than once on eBay.

I can't speak for others, but I would like to know who it is.

Out of curiosity, how much postage was on the envelope?

No postage since it was paid online.

10 oz from 77336 to 19103. I calculate it out to be $2.92. And 10 oz First Class is $2.93...

Are you complaining about $1?

I was asking about the postage amount as a reference point for his second question about a refund (I'm assuming of the postage amount), not to establish the legitimacy of his complaint.

If a seller states he is charging a set amount for a particular method of shipping, a buyer has a right to expect the seller to ship via that method, not work some loosey-goosey definition of a "box" to squeeze another $1 out of the transaction.

Whether the book arrived safely is irrelevant to that point. If the book had been damaged, that would just add another charge to the complaint: misrepresenting shipping charges AND poor packing.

Sorry about the confusion.

This was a discussion going on in the Probation Thread. Somebody commented that this was the appropriate forum for this discussion.

I figured rather than reply there and perpetuate the discussion in the wrong forum I'd reply here.

All for naught, they're still discussing it over there. lol

This is carried over from the Probation discussion thread, but it doesn't have to be there for accuracy's sake. Please remember, this is not about the DOLLAR AMOUNT, but the principle. Not whether it bothers you or not. The original discussion was about the seller charging $4 for Media Mail to ship one comic, and when asked by the buyer why so high, the seller claimed it was because he ships via box with bubblewrap/peanuts.

So, if you pay more for your comics to be shipped in a box and you receive them in an envelope, did you get what you paid for?

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Even at $4 the guy wasn't making a killing. Tracking costs $1 so I would think shipping one comic packaged well, envelope with cardboard or a box with peanuts, with tracking, would be very close to $4

I charge $3.50 for 1 to 15 comics and always take a loss.

If you can't tell, I am focusing in on that one part of the discussion.

I can bet who voted "yes" in that poll... but again, the poll, as asked isn't about anything else. Forget the dollar amount, forget if it actually bothers you, forget all that - if you pay for something and don't get it, you didn't get what you paid for. Simple as that.

-slym

Even at $4 the guy wasn't making a killing. Tracking costs $1 so I would think shipping one comic packaged well, envelope with cardboard or a box with peanuts, with tracking, would be very close to $4

I charge $3.50 for 1 to 15 comics and always take a loss.

As I mentioned earlier, I ship 2-pound boxes via Media Mail, with Delivery Confirmation, for $3.50 or less.

But once again, I am not talking about getting shorted money, nor how much money that might have been. If you pay for something extra and don't get it, you haven't gotten what you paid for. Doesn't matter if it bothers you or not. Doesn't matter if it was 1¢ or $1. If you paid extra to get an extra service and you don't receive that service, you "didn't get what you paid for."

:)

-slym

So, if you pay more for your comics to be shipped in a box and you receive them in an envelope, did you get what you paid for?

I believe this is what's known as "begging the question".

If you can't tell, I am focusing in on that one part of the discussion.

I can bet who voted "yes" in that poll... but again, the poll, as asked isn't about anything else. Forget the dollar amount, forget if it actually bothers you, forget all that - if you pay for something and don't get it, you didn't get what you paid for. Simple as that.

-slym

I'm not voting since it's a silly question. Yes, you are focusing in on one part which is the only way to make your question even remotely relevant. For your next great poll will you be asking who is buried in my Grandfather's grave? Perhaps a poll about what time to expect the 4pm train?

I believe this is what's known as "begging the question".

Yeah, the question really answers itself. I just like to know if someone votes yes, who it is, because they are crazy.

:D

-slym