• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I found a number in N. Las Vegas for Torpedo Comics.

Called them but the number has been disconnected. I wanted to confirm if they had the book on eBay or not.

I'll do some additional research

Torpedo Comics was the company that was co owned by the drummer from System of a Down. They closed up shop, I am unsure as to who the current seller there is, but the name Torpedo Comics is probably not available any longer, and the new seller is trying to get sales due to their old reputation.

Called them but the number has been disconnected. I wanted to confirm if they had the book on eBay or not.

Torpedo Comics was the company that was co owned by the drummer from System of a Down. They closed up shop, I am unsure as to who the current seller there is, but the name Torpedo Comics is probably not available any longer, and the new seller is trying to get sales due to their old reputation.

Well the new seller does have over 2400 eBay feedback and a bunch of nice books. And they have a fairly decent Facebook presence so I suppose they're legit. No idea honestly.

I suspect the new owner(s) would do shows in the NV and CA area...can someone verify that?

How many times has this clown apologized for being a clown..and people keep letting him off the hook?

I'm tired of the bleeding hearts around here who keep giving people like this chance after chance.

How many times has this clown apologized for being a clown..and people keep letting him off the hook?

I'm tired of the bleeding hearts around here who keep giving people like this chance after chance.

What would you suggest be done about Symbi?

You know what I would suggest. I'm wondering what you would think is fair?

He should not be selling here.

Within HOURS of being removed from the Probation List he lists a book he does not own, stealing the scan from an Ebay seller, as passes it off as his book.

We get the same "aww shucks guys, I messed up" with a bat of the eyelashes every single time, and every single time he goes right back out and does something again (shilling, lying, stealing scans, passing off books he doesn't own as his own) to show that he didn't deserve the forgiveness he so "earnestly" sought.

He should NOT be selling here.

Hall of Shame. He is a scammer, multiple times. He is not safe to deal with, lies, and then always backpedals. He posted a picture of a book for sale that he does not own. I do not care what the reasoning is. If someobody purchased that book, and he did ship. It would not have been the same book, bait and switch, misrepresentation, etc.. What else can we do, the guy is an open door to somebody REALLY getting screwed over.

He should not be selling here.

Within HOURS of being removed from the Probation List he lists a book he does not own, stealing the scan from an Ebay seller, as passes it off as his book.

We get the same "aww shucks guys, I messed up" with a bat of the eyelashes every single time, and every single time he goes right back out and does something again (shilling, lying, stealing scans, passing off books he doesn't own as his own) to show that he didn't deserve the forgiveness he so "earnestly" sought.

He should NOT be selling here.

+1

Well the new seller does have over 2400 eBay feedback and a bunch of nice books. And they have a fairly decent Facebook presence so I suppose they're legit. No idea honestly.

I suspect the new owner(s) would do shows in the NV and CA area...can someone verify that?

I bought some from Torpedo Comics when they had a booth at Wondercon in Anaheim, high end books. They seems very familiar and friendly with Jim Lee when he stopped by the booth.

Here's a screen shot of the book and the scan before he took it down....so there's a record of it.

SymbiHFH_zps52f617e1.jpg

Here's the Ebay seller he stole the scan from:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERO-FOR-HIRE-1-CGC-8-5-1ST-POWER-MAN-LUKE-CAGE-/121378380146?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c42b71972

symbiebayhfh_zps236a5eb6.jpg

That's the same book, same serial number, and he's not the owner.

Here's a screen shot of the book and the scan before he took it down....so there's a record of it.

That's the same book, same serial number, and he's not the owner.

Don't forget his actual book. Off-white to White Pages is apparently the same thing as White Pages. :whistle:

312irfb.jpg

Hall of Shame. He is a scammer, multiple times. He is not safe to deal with, lies, and then always backpedals. He posted a picture of a book for sale that he does not own. I do not care what the reasoning is. If someobody purchased that book, and he did ship. It would not have been the same book, bait and switch, misrepresentation, etc.. What else can we do, the guy is an open door to somebody REALLY getting screwed over.

I agree. He's not shown the ability to learn from his mistakes or show any true remorse. He just does enough to get taken off of the PL and then gets to rinse and repeat. Other than trying to sell here I don't even feel like he's part of the community or even wants to be. 2c

So is it time for a poll?

I think so. Just because he hasn't ripped anyone off, it doesn't appear to be for a lack of trying. He's just really bad at it.