• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

so if I wanted to add my first person to my "no sell list", how do I go about doing that.

Do I just let the person know that I will refuse to sell to the in the future or do I need to put them on ignore?

do I need to actually keep a list (as proof)? what happens if they post a "takeit" do I just PM them and tell them at that time?

thanks!

I've got my own private list in my head that I've shared with no one. I mention in sales threads that if you're on my list you can't buy, and while it's never happened, if someone from the list were to try to buy something from me I'd let them know at that time.

I've also only got one person on my list.

I've got my own private list in my head that I've shared with no one. I mention in sales threads that if you're on my list you can't buy, and while it's never happened, if someone from the list were to try to buy something from me I'd let them know at that time.

+1

I think just state in your rules you reserve the right to disqualify any buyer. Then pm the buyer if they try to buy something.

so if I wanted to add my first person to my "no sell list", how do I go about doing that.

Do I just let the person know that I will refuse to sell to the in the future or do I need to put them on ignore?

do I need to actually keep a list (as proof)? what happens if they post a "takeit" do I just PM them and tell them at that time?

thanks!

I had a guy refuse to sell to me recently because of something that happened with a friend of his on here.

Hopefully in your case, the unwanted buyer will be as reasonable as I was and just let it go and move on.

thanks!

I had a guy refuse to sell to me recently because of something that happened with a friend of his on here.

Hopefully in your case, the unwanted buyer will be as reasonable as I was and just let it go and move on.

I've had 2 recent issues that haven't sat well with me and while 99% of the time I wouldn't care and still sell, it's become a matter of principle and don't need the headache. Some things are more important that $

I'll follow the Speedy-D model, post on my sales thread and if they do for some reason take the book, I'll let them know privately.

Thanks!

The for sale forums are "policed" by the forum members - if they're kind enough to inform you that you're breaking the FS rules, the correct response would be to say thank you & change your listings.

(worship)

I had someone on my "I won't buy from that guy list" who then showed up in my sales thread. I went ahead with the sale probably just because I avoid conflict.

If either of you wish to not sell to me, a simple PM will suffice. It won't be a problem, I assure you.

No need to drop "not so subtle" hints...

I had someone on my "I won't buy from that guy list" who then showed up in my sales thread. I went ahead with the sale probably just because I avoid conflict.

If either of you wish to not sell to me, a simple PM will suffice. It won't be a problem, I assure you.

Seems like a PM would've been more appropriate for this, no? hm

Regardless, was speaking in generalities, hence no names needed.

thanks!

I have a PM that I send myself that has the people I have on ignore and the reason why, so I can remember it down the line. I've had people back out of deals, jammed me up on grades, etc. That's my 'list' that I specify in my sales thread and no one on there has ever bought from any of my threads, so I'm not sure what I'd say if it came to that.

Seems like a PM would've been more appropriate for this, no? hm

Regardless, was speaking in generalities, hence no names needed.

If I jumped the gun with you David, then I apologize. It seemed that you were one of the more outspoken critics (and on some levels, rightfully so). And yes, I did purchase a book from you and the transaction went just fine.

If anyone doesn't want my business, then that's a decision they'll have to make. The difference is...at this point, I see no reason to get upset or bothered by it. The general masses can just let us know and that's that....

lol You think you'd be the one person on the boards I'd never sell to? Why would you think that?

It's the humidity down here in FL that's getting to you Sha. It's got me all out of sorts all week. I can't figure anything out.

It's just the drama queens kings people

Now I'm confused. lol