• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Heres a great opinion question for you guys

-offer someone a book for $160 shipped

-declines

-list book on ebay, sells for $170 plus $20 shipping

receive this message

8cd9036c-44ca-4e58-a424-d759305cc5c7_zps97c29c44.png

- after this happens, would you sell to them?

:bump:

:facepalm: Maybe I should edit my post so everyone realizes that I wasn't even talking about him? (shrug)

:gossip: click the link people.

Everyone probably means only me! :blush:lol. 4 pages on a straight subject and you throw me a curveball!

I will stay out of this one.

Carry on men

:grin:

-declines

receive this message

Still salty. My work is done here! :acclaim:

One thing I've noticed, is our young Jimmy is starting to remind me of SpeedyD.

That's a very good thing.

So the drama lama stuff is not always a waste:)

:acclaim:

I thought I was being prepped as Speedy-D's replacement :doh: (I've even started a Flash comics collection)

-declines

receive this message

Salty was sending a message like the above. $190 on eBay is still about $10 more than the price you were offered the book. Even if it was less, things change and he has a right to sell his book for whatever he wants. Had he struck a deal with you for the $160 and backed out, that would be a different story. However, you messaging him about a price he sold to someone else for instead of selling to you, just sounds like sour grapes on your part.

-declines

receive this message

Salty was sending a message like the above. $190 on eBay is still about $10 more than the price you were offered the book. Even if it was less, things change and he has a right to sell his book for whatever he wants. Had he struck a deal with you for the $160 and backed out, that would be a different story. However, you messaging him about a price he sold to someone else for instead of selling to you, just sounds like sour grapes on your part.

I brought this up to him three months ago when he asked why I wouldn't sell to him.

he told me that I should get over it because we should both be happy since Clone #1 no longer sell for that much.

No mess.

-declines

receive this message

Yeah, it has already been covered. Look about 200 or 300 pages back on this thread. When I go to Borders to get pasta man a book on resentments, would you like me to pick you up anything?

-declines

receive this message

Yeah, it has already been covered. Look about 200 or 300 pages back on this thread. When I go to Borders to get pasta man a book on resentments, would you like me to pick you up anything?

My response was in response to your post on this page. I didn't look 200 pages back to pull up an old comment.

Borders? You really are clueless.

One thing I've noticed, is our young Jimmy is starting to remind me of SpeedyD.

That's a very good thing.

So the drama lama stuff is not always a waste:)

:acclaim:

I thought I was being prepped as Speedy-D's replacement :doh: (I've even started a Flash comics collection)

Back off son! I cannot be replaced. :sumo:

-declines

receive this message

My response was in response to your post on this page. I didn't look 200 pages back to pull up an old comment.

Borders? You really are clueless.

Glad you caught that they are out of business, but not the joke. This topic has been old news what feels like as long as Borders has been out of business. I will keep the humor simple for y'all next time ok Asteroid?

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

:facepalm: Maybe I should edit my post so everyone realizes that I wasn't even talking about him? (shrug)

:gossip: click the link people.

:gossip: we did. That's why we are laughing.

doh!

That's the guy who went off on me and some other boardies for pointing out the sales rules lol

I missed all his follow up posts before the thread got locked and comments erased.

I'm sad that I missed all the follow up posts too. When I got out of work I saw it had been cleansed. :(

I also don't trust anyone who's sales threads are all books he has just purchased on the boards and it waiting for delivery on. Which is pretty much every one of his stupid sale threads.

That also get closed in an angry huff within 4 hours of posting if people don't buy them instantly.

You are actually wrong. They are (still) on their way from CGC

You do realize that when you put a :takeit: in someones sales thread and than four days later make your own sales thread with the same book's for sale that you just purchased, its not hard to figure out whats going on behind the scenes.

Yeah, and all the books I sell on eBay are from here! lol. WHAT AN insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

I guess I should be thanking the boards for ALL of my sales

What sales? (shrug)

so pasta boy, since you asked.

I sold 4 books today. HARD TO BELIEVE FOR YOU, I KNOW, BUT TRUE:

2 copies of ASM 300 CGC 9.6 one direct and one newsstand. both were purchased raw, not graded, from ebay...NOT the boards. They were sent in to be graded by me

A Next Men 21 CGC 9.8 that I also bought on raw on ebay, not the boards. I listed it for sale when I bought a signed copy for my collection that I also bought on ebay at market price.

Lastly, the guy that bought a 300 from me made me an offer that I couldn't refuse on an ASM 298 CGC 9.8 that I bought from a boardie that was selling it on ebay.

Yesterday, I sold 2 books:

a cracked case copy of ASM 375 that I bought on eBay, not the boards and an Ultimate Spider-man Peterson variant I bought at my local shop and sent to CGC.

would you like me to go over the entire month, or will that be sufficient for you?

(shrug)

No, I do not JUST buy books here and I do not JUST flip them. I sell and collect comic books for the love of it and fun of it.