• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, I just never see people stressing the fact that PayPal comes with a tracking number.

It wasn't that long ago priority mail wasn't automatically tracked.

In fact 1st class still isn't unless you pay extra or print out the label with paypal.

Paypal adds a tracking number when normally one isn't there.

Looks like I just got scammed for the 1st time in a long time.

Comic purchase on eBay from new seller

Please pay through paypal because I have selling limits

Ok

All of her listings have been deleted by eBay. doh!

felic_park

Wasn't that seller named in a thread that went poof? It rings a bell for some reason.

The one with the stolen pic of a large CGC lot of books?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nKtzQHeduigJ:boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Dshowflat%26Number%3D7975295+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a

pre-poof

felic_park

Wasn't that seller named in a thread that went poof? It rings a bell for some reason.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nKtzQHeduigJ:boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Dshowflat%26Number%3D7975295+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&lr=lang_en&client=firefox-a

pre-poof

Thanks - that's it.

I have faith in paypal. I paid direct so eBay will only try to scold me for not buying it through them.
If you file the dispute through paypal, would they even know to scold you?

The only risk is if they (paypal) can't recover the funds and you paid with something other than a cc/debit card. I had an instance where I paid with my paypal balance and never got the item. I filed the dispute, won, and still ended up not getting made whole. Paypal claimed that there were no funds to recover. It was only $70, but it taught me to transfer out my balance before paying anyone I didn't know.

This just shows me I need to spend more time here. lol

Thanks CBT.

So they let her back on and she did the exact same thing. I emptied my balance and paid using my VISA so I should be good. Yes, unless I run to eBay I should not receive any scolding. I filed the dispute within hours of paying so paypal should have had time to freeze the funds.

Thanks CBT.

So they let her back on and she did the exact same thing. I emptied my balance and paid using my VISA so I should be good. Yes, unless I run to eBay I should not receive any scolding. I filed the dispute within hours of paying so paypal should have had time to freeze the funds.

Sucker.

felic_park

pre-poof

Why did that thread go poof? Isn't it a good thing that board members here protect the general public and each other from these scammers? I remember bidding on an AF-15 prior to joining the boards then later got a message from ebay that the seller had been removed. I bet it was you guys saving me some hardache.

felic_park

pre-poof

Why did that thread go poof? Isn't it a good thing that board members here protect the general public and each other from these scammers? I remember bidding on an AF-15 prior to joining the boards then later got a message from ebay that the seller had been removed. I bet it was you guys saving me some hardache.

Still there.

Thanks CBT.

I saw your thread in CG earlier and was going to comment, but then I thought, "What are the chances it's that 0 feedback scammer we were talking about yesterday? Nahhh..." lol

Hope everything works out :wishluck:

Might I ask what the books were that you bought?