• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Remember when Paul was selling some of the coolest Pulps? Pulps from the 60s?

They pulled that not two years ago for it never to return and I think Paul got a strike / wristslap for continually posting the sales thread. This isn't new moderation techniques, they have always pulled nude cover sale threads when notified. One time and only one time did a thread come back.

If anyone has any cool sexy books like the ones I just described that Paul was selling, send me a PM instead of creating a sales thread. Makes things go a lot easier.

I was thinking of that. Mods surely have a better way to resolve the problems than universal poofing. That's just really inconsiderate, and yes - while this is their site with nudity rules, an effective moderator would take the time to understand the situation and rectify it in a way that is the least disruptive. If their job is to truly "moderate".

-canning the entire thread is pretty stupid.

When I read the new sales thread, the OP was not upset, he said he understood..and he should have, he's been around a while.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have my sales thread replies sent to me in my emails. That way in case I miss something on the thread, the emails alert me. It's easy to miss something in a busy thread. It's also a good way to find stuff if something has been deleted.

So if a poster of a sales thread has something deleted and he/she wants to make sure that the person who took the books first gets them...they can just reconstruct. If they want to do some extra work.

Just a suggestion.

Right. You would think people would make their own sales threads "Watched topics." But I guess some people don't. (shrug)

Remember when Paul was selling some of the coolest Pulps? Pulps from the 60s?

They pulled that not two years ago for it never to return and I think Paul got a strike / wristslap for continually posting the sales thread. This isn't new moderation techniques, they have always pulled nude cover sale threads when notified. One time and only one time did a thread come back.

If anyone has any cool sexy books like the ones I just described that Paul was selling, send me a PM instead of creating a sales thread. Makes things go a lot easier.

I was thinking of that. Mods surely have a better way to resolve the problems than universal poofing. That's just really inconsiderate, and yes - while this is their site with nudity rules, an effective moderator would take the time to understand the situation and rectify it in a way that is the least disruptive. If their job is to truly "moderate".

-canning the entire thread is pretty stupid.

Mods told everyone not to sell nude books and use your own discresion,

It's not rocket science.

What exactly happened? Someone posted nude covers without masking or linking out? What sales forum was it in and who was the seller? I can't find anything.

poof

What exactly happened? Someone posted nude covers without masking or linking out? What sales forum was it in and who was the seller? I can't find anything.

Gold/Silver/Bronze

seller posted 185 comics for sale in a single long post. There were underground "comix" mixed in, 2 or 3 of which had nudity not blurred which he didnt realize.

The thread was up for hours and almost all of the super hero books were :takeit: , like 50% of his books. It was around 8 pages of sales I believe.

A mod deleted the entire thread when they could have just blanked the one post, wiping out all the transactions for no reason.

The seller when they returned to the boards, reposted the exact same long post with the 2-3 books in question removed. Several people lost books they had previously won.

Edited by CBT

Gold/Silver/Bronze

seller posted 185 comics for sale in a single long post. There were underground "comix" mixed in, 2 or 3 of which had nudity not blurred which he didnt realize.

The thread was up for hours and almost all of the super hero books were :takeit: , like 50% of his books. It was around 8 pages of sales I believe.

A mod deleted the entire thread when they could have just blanked the one post, wiping out all the transactions for no reason.

The seller when they returned to the boards, reposted the exact same long post with the 2-3 books in question removed. Several people lost books they had previously won.

CBT's taking it very well. :baiting:

Gold/Silver/Bronze

CBT's taking it very well. :baiting:

he didn't really lose anything. The buyers are the ones who lost out. any of the previous buyers would probably be back to claim again, plus the added attention probably brought more buyers. yes he lost a bit of time, and its not fun to get your thread erased, but I think its more of a 'that was kinda harsh oh well I'll move on" instead of a "I need to make a stand on this issue because my public dissatisfaction will engender a positive societal change!" kinda situation.

I stuck up some movie posters for "r" rated films.

There was no nudity or bad language.

It went poof - no message, just poof.

Any reason?

They showed nothing risqué and were in the 'misc' area - at least WHY they were removed would be nice.

You can sell DVDs there, so why not film related posters?

Mods?

They probably thought you were Rupp.

I'm guessing that means something to you, Rupp and movie posters?

A hint perhaps to those of us who aren't Rupp (shrug)

He's been convinced that the mods are out to get him, deleting his threads for no good reason, etc.

Any reason?

They showed nothing risqué and were in the 'misc' area - at least WHY they were removed would be nice.

Mods?

Were they comic book related? because rule #1 says.

"Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics."

Any reason?

Mods?

Were they comic book related? because rule #1 says.

"Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics."

No they weren't.

Thanks Sharon - that's probably it. I have seen Play Stations sold on here though without incident.

Someone probably went and told the mods, so they had no choice. It would have been nice for the mods to let me know in a PM - or even the person who button-humped.

Seems silly to be afraid to say something directly to me, but some boardies are like that.

Oh well - thanks for the advice Sharon - I know for next time.

Off to another venue - thanks again!

He's been convinced that the mods are out to get him, deleting his threads for no good reason, etc.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you...

Who wrote that?