• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I know I haven't been on this board that long but is it common to get an influx of new crazy people who over price,over grade,and can't follow the rules. :screwy:
Real example, pricing a book 15% above what you paid for it, which just happened to be just a bit south of 15% above GPA and all in the span of 30 days on a site where there isn't any fees? Really?

Some of the pricing is crazy. You just have to shake your head and move on. I've never been able to figure out if folks a) don't really want to sell or b) are just fishing for offers.

I know I haven't been on this board that long but is it common to get an influx of new crazy people who over price,over grade,and can't follow the rules. :screwy:
Real example, pricing a book 15% above what you paid for it, which just happened to be just a bit south of 15% above GPA and all in the span of 30 days on a site where there isn't any fees? Really?

Some of the pricing is crazy. You just have to shake your head and move on. I've never been able to figure out if folks a) don't really want to sell or b) are just fishing for offers.

You don't think a copper key deserves to be 1.25x GPA high cause the movie came out last weekend?

You don't think a copper key deserves to be 1.25x GPA high cause the movie came out last weekend?

No more than I think a modern 10.0 is worth $7500 because there may be a TV deal. lol

Yah I'm a big fan of ... follow the rules, sell for the whatever you like. People might be fishing for offers, or misinformed, or dumb, or have odd selling strategies, or might be ahead of the curve, who knows? Don't care about their motivations or strategies for pricing, just if the price is good for me or not.

Here's the original, my tab is still open:

"My books are for sale and/or trade. I'll gladly post pics when a serious investor shows interest. I had also asked for others to give me a price, I offer great deals with those buying and/or trading for many of my books. I'm presently in a meeting and will gladly negotiate with those who have already contacted me in the last few minutes later nonight. Pics, prices and all

Thanking you in advance.

The Investor"

I hope he got out of his meeting in time to see it go poof

Here's the original, my tab is still open:

"My books are for sale and/or trade. I'll gladly post pics when a serious investor shows interest. I had also asked for others to give me a price, I offer great deals with those buying and/or trading for many of my books. I'm presently in a meeting and will gladly negotiate with those who have already contacted me in the last few minutes later nonight. Pics, prices and all

Thanking you in advance.

The Investor"

I hope he got out of his meeting in time to see it go poof

Thanks! I remember wincing when I read "serious investors". lol

i am always just amazed at the mods on this board, wow i wish they would some day end the anonymous hiding stuff so they could be held accountable.

Delete a post if it needs to go poof, dont trash an 8 page active sales thread :facepalm:

who's ever heard a of professional company's forum with mods who are n00bs

Edited by CBT

i am always just amazed at the mods on this board, wow i wish they would some day end the anonymous hiding stuff so they could be held accountable.

Delete a post if it needs to go poof, dont trash an 8 page active sales thread :facepalm:

For someone complaining in multiple places about this, you sure made out quite well.

Quick question: can modern reprints (trades, HCs, etc.) of SA and BA material be listed in the "Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only" sales forum? Or are they doomed to languish and disappear in "Mixed"...?

I have sold these types of books in GA/SA/BA as I felt the content just fit better there. No problems so far.

I know it won't happen, but I'd love for the mod that yanked that one post an explanation. This very same thing happened in one of another well known boardies threads and the thread was moved, they cleaned up the pictures and the thread went back.

Lots of boardies, self included, missed out on books because they simply yanked the thread.

Not cool. Not cool at all.

Quick question: can modern reprints (trades, HCs, etc.) of SA and BA material be listed in the "Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only" sales forum? Or are they doomed to languish and disappear in "Mixed"...?

Seems fine to me. After all the content is what counts right?

I still don't get how these mystery box threads with various content from all age spectrums don't get thrown into the mixed section. That is a head scratcher...

Seems fine to me. After all the content is what counts right?

I still don't get how these mystery box threads with various content from all age spectrums don't get thrown into the mixed section. That is a head scratcher...

It depends on who is watching the thread and the amount of butthurt they currently have stored up.