• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I do not recall what the OP first posted, but I cannot imagine that by welcoming questions he had that in mind. Its posted as a question but its really a statement and a pretty harsh criticism. IMO its thread crapping and out of line.

I agree with you two. The fact that Columbia argued that it was a valid question, made me certain that it was anything but one. lol

I am pretty sure that the guy ranting about auctions in Comics General was referring to this sales thread as well. I am unfamiliar with the comics being sold, but if they are overpriced then just don't buy them. If sellers (not referring to the former mentioned sales thread but in general) want to waste their time with overpriced stuff that sits there, that is on them. Though it would be nice not to waste the space.

As I mentioned in my response in my thread; I chose an auction format because there is minimal sales data on gpa for the three books. I chose a starting bid of $200 as a sort of built in reserve because I don't want to let them go for less; until at least I gain more information on the price (i.e. them not selling at the opening bid). I'm going to be listing about 70 books for sale from a collection I bought and those were the only 3 for which I thought an auction made sense.

As I mentioned in my response in my thread; I chose an auction format because there is minimal sales data on gpa for the three books. I chose a starting bid of $200 as a sort of built in reserve because I don't want to let them go for less; until at least I gain more information on the price (i.e. them not selling at the opening bid). I'm going to be listing about 70 books for sale from a collection I bought and those were the only 3 for which I thought an auction made sense.

These are also notoriously tough books, and yours have great eye appeal, the MT 46 especially so. You did nothing wrong.

My comments were geared toward the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed that thread crapped your sales thread and the other guy who started a barely comprehensible thread about it in CG. You did nothing wrong and don't have to explain why you did an auction. If they don't like it, they don't have to buy it. :)

My comments were geared toward the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed that thread crapped your sales thread and the other guy who started a barely comprehensible thread about it in CG. You did nothing wrong and don't have to explain why you did an auction. If they don't like it, they don't have to buy it. :)

(thumbs u

These are also notoriously tough books, and yours have great eye appeal, the MT 46 especially so. You did nothing wrong.

These are my first Atlas books. I see why they are so popular. The cover art is impressive.

I agree with you two. The fact that Columbia argued that it was a valid question, made me certain that it was anything but one. lol

I am pretty sure that the guy ranting about auctions in Comics General was referring to this sales thread as well. I am unfamiliar with the comics being sold, but if they are overpriced then just don't buy them. If sellers (not referring to the former mentioned sales thread but in general) want to waste their time with overpriced stuff that sits there, that is on them. Though it would be nice not to waste the space.

Are you kidding? CC did that again?

:facepalm:

Hokie did Columbia threadkrap or was that someone else?

Also where is the thread in comics general?

Someone else did. CC quoted and approved of the post.

The CG thread is here.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8144049&nt=6&fpart=1

Never argued if it was valid or not. Simply stated the OP asked for questions and he got one. Not the one he wanted I'm sure.

Mods cleaned it up...so no problem.

Never argued if it was valid or not. Simply stated the OP asked for questions and he got one. Not the one he wanted I'm sure.

I like to think that even the most obtuse board members would realize that when a seller says questions are welcome, that they mean about the comic itself. Not questions insulting the price and offering to sell one for less money. That is my fault though, for assuming. We all know where that leads.

I like to think that even the most obtuse board members would realize that when a seller says questions are welcome, that they mean about the comic itself. Not questions insulting the price and offering to sell one for less money. That is my fault though, for assuming. We all no where that leads.

There's a reason people post "if any questions, shoot me a PM." It eliminates (or should) those types of questions, which I in no shape, way or form endorsed.