• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Bought a book on the boards last night to find out it spent the day on eBay today. Was taken down. Got an email from paypal stating the shipping label was cancelled due to the label not being printed.

I've never had an issue before, PMed the seller and awaiting reply.

I was looking through posts on the boards as well as auctions on ebay and saw many books were graded through CBCS.

I wanted to ask the board members for their opinions on these topics;

How do you find them in comparison to CGC in terms of turn around time and grading?

How are the holders and labels compared to CGC?

Do you have the same response from buyers in terms of the price? Do they pay just as much for a CBCS book than a CGC book?

I was told that CGC has a slight level of UV protection in their slabs, is this true? Does any other grading company have UV protection in their slabs?

I think people dont pay as much for PGX books or value the grading nearly as much.

I was wondering what the views of the community at large are.

21 questions I know, but I was very curious and wasn't getting anywhere on google :)

[font:Book Antiqua]My advice:

Post your thread/questions in a neutral zone

MySlabbedComics Discussion Forum is a good place for this subject...

[/font]

(thumbs u

Link...