• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So do you intentionally post things the way you do? Seemingly in support of something but just vague enough that no one can positively say. This is not the first time it appears to essentially everyone other than yourself, that you support things that you claim you do not. I am genuinely curious, so that I do not misjudge you in the future..

I agree with you two. The fact that Columbia argued that it was a valid question, made me certain that it was anything but one. lol

Never argued if it was valid or not. Simply stated the OP asked for questions and he got one. Not the one he wanted I'm sure.

Mods cleaned it up...so no problem.

I like to think that even the most obtuse board members would realize that when a seller says questions are welcome, that they mean about the comic itself. Not questions insulting the price and offering to sell one for less money. That is my fault though, for assuming. We all no where that leads.

Know, where does it lead....?

:whistle:

So do you intentionally post things the way you do? Seemingly in support of something but just vague enough that no one can positively say. This is not the first time it appears to essentially everyone other than yourself, that you support things that you claim you do not. I am genuinely curious, so that I do not misjudge you in the future..

I'm very hesitant to answer b/c without a doubt, my comments will be mangled and turned around against me. That's the way of the ones who frequent this thread (looking for and causing trouble).

With that said, I'll say this: I've been told by many that I tend to look at the world in black and white, very little to no grey involved in the way I perceive things. To address the question at hand, I viewed the exchange as follows:

OP said "If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask."

New boardie posts his question (and comment) that was negative towards the OPs offering. Anyone who's been here long enough can see that. However, the board member who posted it (I believe) was a newly registered member and may not be aware of the "rules" (and that word gives me a chuckle) here so he read it literally and posted his question.

Others followed up saying that it was not appropriate, to which I simply stated that the poster was complying with the OP's request for a question. He went overboard when he made the "you can have mine for half the price" comment.

My post did not support his comments, but merely stated that he complied with the requested format of the OP. If I was new (and we all were at some point), that's how I would have interpreted the OP's question request.

It's just a different perspective. Feel free to continue to tell the internet how bad of a person I am and that I'm slowly ruining the world for future generations :)

I like the hellfire that follows CC.

Not because I think he deserves it, but because its reads like its very irrelevant every time its brought up.

I would imagine most of what is said on comic book message boards is irrelevant. This is not a place I post to discuss the most effective types of jet propulsion. lol

I'm very hesitant to answer b/c without a doubt, my comments will be mangled and turned around against me. That's the way of the ones who frequent this thread (looking for and causing trouble).

With that said, I'll say this: I've been told by many that I tend to look at the world in black and white, very little to no grey involved in the way I perceive things. To address the question at hand, I viewed the exchange as follows:

OP said "If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask."

New boardie posts his question (and comment) that was negative towards the OPs offering. Anyone who's been here long enough can see that. However, the board member who posted it (I believe) was a newly registered member and may not be aware of the "rules" (and that word gives me a chuckle) here so he read it literally and posted his question.

Others followed up saying that it was not appropriate, to which I simply stated that the poster was complying with the OP's request for a question. He went overboard when he made the "you can have mine for half the price" comment.

My post did not support his comments, but merely stated that he complied with the requested format of the OP. If I was new (and we all were at some point), that's how I would have interpreted the OP's question request.

It's just a different perspective. Feel free to continue to tell the internet how bad of a person I am and that I'm slowly ruining the world for future generations :)

I don't think you are a bad person at all. I dont even know you, just the CC persona that is presented. I was simply curious if your comments were composed the way they were on purpose or something else. The answer you just gave kind of answers that for me. I find that very few things in life are black and white. Im not for sure you have the standing to ruin the entire world for future generations, perhaps more of just a local level. :baiting::grin:

Not because I think he deserves it, but because its reads like its very irrelevant every time its brought up.

[font:Book Antiqua]IMHO He don't deserve it.

He just have a very vocal Haters Fan Club .

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

:facepalm:

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

One of those 5 guys must be a mod because he's received several strikes.

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

hm

Perhaps you're a mod Mr. Dent??

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

hm

Yeah a guy who sends nude pictures of himself to other board members is a mod :facepalm:

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

hm

Yeah a guy who sends nude pictures of himself to other board members is a mod :facepalm:

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

hm

So, I'm two faced because I pointed out you've received several strikes? (shrug)

(Yes the same 5 guys)

[/font]

hm

You guys make it hard for me to remember what forum I am on half the time...

Let's talk about something more fun.

I am thinking about listing all of my old shoes and sneakers on eBay once again to take advantage of sales opportunities for those into that sort of thing.

Do I take the pics with my bare feet in the shoes or simply let the shoes speak for themselves without my feet in them?

And by the way... before you all laugh... keep in mind that someone once bought my $10 flip flops for $50. What people do with my stuff after I use it is their own business.

In the meantime while you ponder my inquiry, feel free to proceed with the previous discussion.

I am thinking about listing all of my old shoes and sneakers on eBay once again to take advantage of sales opportunities for those into that sort of thing.

Do I take the pics with my bare feet in the shoes or simply let the shoes speak for themselves without my feet in them?

And by the way... before you all laugh... keep in mind that someone once bought my $10 flip flops for $50. What people do with my stuff after I use it is their own business.

In the meantime while you ponder my inquiry, feel free to proceed with the previous discussion.

You must have really handsome feet.

You must have really handsome feet.

Straight toes, no bumps or nothing deformed. But the buyers do not see that. They simply see that there are sneakers or shoes being worn without socks. Now the sandals however, you would see my toes. However, I just looked and I realized that I threw out my sandals since they were unwearable after I actually "blew out my flip flop."