• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Anyone wanna let me know how to contact George to have a sale removed from GPA?

Here is the last recorded Hulk 1 CGC 1.0 sale reported to GPA

Oct-25-2014 $5,800 Cert# 0804423003

It's $2050 higher then the previous sale. Tracked it down to this "buy it now" sale on 10/25

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-Cgc-1-0-/171485502396?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ed551bbc&nma=true&si=0yTKQ8sdg7vyzvEeT84%252FeuBmUY0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sale obviously did not go through as a boardie currently has the book for sale, and I believe that he is the same person as the eBay seller.

Thanks for letting me know. P.S. George, if you're reading this. How about adding a big flashing "Notify George" button next to sales for reporting issues? :)

Anyone wanna let me know how to contact George to have a sale removed from GPA?

Here is the last recorded Hulk 1 CGC 1.0 sale reported to GPA

Oct-25-2014 $5,800 Cert# 0804423003

It's $2050 higher then the previous sale. Tracked it down to this "buy it now" sale on 10/25

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Incredible-Hulk-1-Cgc-1-0-/171485502396?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item27ed551bbc&nma=true&si=0yTKQ8sdg7vyzvEeT84%252FeuBmUY0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sale obviously did not go through as a boardie currently has the book for sale, and I believe that he is the same person as the eBay seller.

Thanks for letting me know. P.S. George, if you're reading this. How about adding a big flashing "Notify George" button next to sales for reporting issues? :)

I usually email them through the contact link. George or Andy will get back to you within 24 hours.

IIRC Wasn't there a thread or discussion about paying with check or money order?

I stay clear of sellers that require this type of payment, which in turn makes me miss out on a book.

I would never send somebody I don't know, a check or a money order and hope they send my book. Money order most definitely not, it's like sending someone cash in an envelope.

How does one protect themselves against fraud with paying this way?

I don't see how to dispute a money order, maybe a check but then if they are frauds they have my account number and routing number.

Is getting burned and nominating the seller to the PL or HOS going to get my money back?

Is it just Trust? Cause I trust very little people as far as I can throw them. 2c

IIRC Wasn't there a thread or discussion about paying with check or money order?

I stay clear of sellers that require this type of payment, which in turn makes me miss out on a book.

I would never send somebody I don't know, a check or a money order and hope they send my book. Money order most definitely not, it's like sending someone cash in an envelope.

I don't see how to dispute a money order, maybe a check but then if they are frauds they have my account number and routing number.

Is getting burned and nominating the seller to the PL or HOS going to get my money back?

Is it just Trust? Cause I trust very little people as far as I can throw them. 2c

Many, many, many years ago I bought a too-good-to-be-true lot of baseball cards through Yahoo Auctions (told you it was many years ago) and the seller required payment via MO. Being young and stupid I sent a $400 MO and I'm still waiting for my cards to arrive. That was the first and last time I didn't use Paypal.

I think it ultimately depends on who the seller is and their history/reputation.

There are many sellers on here that I wouldn't hesitate to send a check/money order. There are others who I wouldn't even consider it, mainly b/c they're unknown or noobs.

If you ever have a question about a seller, ask around. Ask for references from reputable sources. That should clear the air.

I think it ultimately depends on who the seller is and their history/reputation.

There are many sellers on here that I wouldn't hesitate to send a check/money order. There are others who I wouldn't even consider it, mainly b/c they're unknown or noobs.

If you ever have a question about a seller, ask around. Ask for references from reputable sources. That should clear the air.

+1

there's a few I've paid with check but their reputation is extensive on the boards etc.

Prejudice against midgets must stop! :sumo:

I pay by check -- and have been paid by check -- when dealing with boardies I know. Obvious red flag, though, when requested by new arrivals.

+1

there's a few I've paid with check but their reputation is extensive on the boards etc.

Not sure if I'd send this guy a check :P

I have been paid and will pay either way depending on the seller. I was sent a check for just shy of 5 figures. Why? The buyer trusted me as a seller and got a discount. I have paid a couple of guys via the same method. Why? Because in return I got a discount. Would I send most guys a check? Nope.

I have been paid and will pay either way depending on the seller. I was sent a check for just shy of 5 figures. Why? The buyer trusted me as a seller and got a discount. I have paid a couple of guys via the same method. Why? Because in return I got a discount. Would I send most guys a check? Nope.

I'd send you a check :banana:

Ultimately it depends on the buyer or seller. Just like with anything else, if you feel comfortable enough with the risk, its up to you. Comics typically aren't something you HAVE to buy, like milk or bread in the rest of the world and avocados and quinoa in California, so if you don't feel comfortable with the payment method for a comic...don't buy it. If you want it so badly, pay the extra for paypal fees.

Ultimately it depends on the buyer or seller. Just like with anything else, if you feel comfortable enough with the risk, its up to you. Comics typically aren't something you HAVE to buy, like milk or bread in the rest of the world and avocados and quinoa in California, so if you don't feel comfortable with the payment method for a comic...don't buy it. If you want it so badly, pay the extra for paypal fees.

+1

This really isn't a bad alternative. I've had people want to cut deals by check or MO, and I wasn't real comfortable with that, but wanted to book/piece. I offered to pay via Paypal and cover the fees. Personally, I think it's cheeseball for someone to not take Paypal in this day and age - but I'll forgo those feelings to make sure I'm protected in a transaction if it's an item I really want.

:whee:

+1

This really isn't a bad alternative. I've had people want to cut deals by check or MO, and I wasn't real comfortable with that, but wanted to book/piece. I offered to pay via Paypal and cover the fees. Personally, I think it's cheeseball for someone to not take Paypal in this day and age - but I'll forgo those feelings to make sure I'm protected in a transaction if it's an item I really want.

Yummy Guacamole :cloud9: I figured as much. Thanks from everyone. It's just common sense and it boils down to trust. I feel comfortable paying the extra for fees and sometimes I dabble in the occasional personal payment method when the mood strikes. How's the mood striking you now? lol Love me some 40 year old virgin.

+1

Yummy Guacamole :cloud9: I figured as much. Thanks from everyone. It's just common sense and it boils down to trust. I feel comfortable paying the extra for fees and sometimes I dabble in the occasional personal payment method when the mood strikes. How's the mood striking you now? lol Love me some 40 year old virgin.

I've sold just as much via check as I have via Paypal on the boards. I certainly wouldn't say you're risk free, even with established sellers, but the chances that you're going to get jerked by someone who has been around awhile and is known to sell a lot on the boards is pretty low. 2c

Do people even have checks anymore?

I don't! :whee: Checks are for old people. :preach:

I don't! :whee: Checks are for old people. :preach:

:acclaim: