• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2021 at 12:31 AM, Malacoda said:

Still....phwoar ! 

(and if anyone says 'actually Phwoar started in #83', I will report them to the moderator. I'm looking at you, Marwood). 

I'm more of a cor man Rich. 

And COR! don't those old comics look good. Albert was a wise man to collect them, and a wiser one to keep them. Wonderful things, old comics. Wonderful. 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:16 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Why do we never see chipping on top or bottom edges?

Or do we, and I have not noticed?

I think we do get chipping. I think we get all the micro tears that join together and become chips, but because pages are turned from the right, not the top or bottom, they tend to remain tears or turn into little folds and don't look the same as chipping.  Though you do wonder, as covers are folded over, why doesn't that cause more problems.  Presumably it's all in the fingers. 

amazing_fantasy_15_1.8.jpg

On 10/27/2021 at 6:36 PM, Malacoda said:

I think we do get chipping. I think we get all the micro tears that join together and become chips, but because pages are turned from the right, not the top or bottom, they tend to remain tears or turn into little folds and don't look the same as chipping.  Though you do wonder, as covers are folded over, why doesn't that cause more problems.  Presumably it's all in the fingers. 

Makes sense.

https://www.andersonandgarland.com/auction/lot/lot-1124---marvel-comics/?lot=275442&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=471&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=96&pn=12&g=1

Plus many more of interest.

Raid your piggy bank and check down the back of the sofa, you will need it all.

From the collection of Ian Penman, of Sunderland, we bought and sold from each other in the 1960s.

I seem to remember he was also a regular advertiser in Frank Dobson's mag.

On 11/9/2021 at 2:30 AM, paqart said:

Just got these today. Along with the #93 I have, I'm only missing the #92 and 94 from the story.

A cool run indeed, with three different UK prices across three consecutive issues hiding in there :whatthe:

92.jpg.4d2fa5912a329eb3336a0492d65e86c0.jpg93.jpg.73fb4d55c766bfaf85fc84c616b2731a.jpg94.jpg.574624d642a41271db8d5cea7ac36495.jpg

I always loved those slap dash final shilling books :cloud9:

On 11/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Cor and cor blimey!!

FF 48 went for 3700, so about 4.5k with premium.

Cor Blimey indeed Albert. I'd even go as far as Flippin Ada. Me and Kev have been pming each other on and off all day about it. Some incredible prices. And nice to see that T&P stamps are not putting anyone off anymore. Big guns tomorrow. Batten down the hatches - we may end up with some Bloody Noras. And if the AF15 flies, a Jeptha Judge of Israel. 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:16 PM, gadzukes said:

I figured it was a US copy cuz I could see the date. 

Very nice Gad, I always liked that cover.

Cover months were restored to UKPVs from cover dates August/September 1965 - your book is well past that (May 1967).

I rewrote my 'key dates' table a while back but didn't get around to finishing it:

Capture.thumb.PNG.c6874a9e1fd673c1cba1c6a1db70666c.PNG

On 11/16/2021 at 3:24 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Very nice Gad, I always liked that cover.

Cover months were restored to UKPVs from cover dates August/September 1965 - your book is well past that (May 1967).

I rewrote my 'key dates' table a while back but didn't get around to finishing it:

Capture.thumb.PNG.c6874a9e1fd673c1cba1c6a1db70666c.PNG

I figured you would have the answer.

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?  MY POST WAS UP FOR A FULL 2 MINUTES.

:baiting:

On 11/16/2021 at 8:27 PM, gadzukes said:

I figured you would have the answer.

WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?  MY POST WAS UP FOR A FULL 2 MINUTES.

:baiting:

I sit here all day waiting for them. Didn't you know that? 

On 11/16/2021 at 8:32 PM, gadzukes said:

Maybe YOU should be the next host of Jeopardy! :idea:

Is that an American thing Gad? It's gone over me bonce.