• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

I have had a look at a few of these, and there is a possibility that they are all identical, but the addition of the second (darker) colour is obscuring the outline of the earlier (lighter) colour. Difficult to tell, though.

It IS pretty tough to tell. The pence copy looks less obscured by the outline color than the cents copy.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:40 AM, Albert Tatlock said:

The puzzle is that this was not across the board. There were lots of certain titles, none of others.

Looks like they had set off water damaged, especially as quite a few of them were the ND issues.

I also believe they set of from US water damaged or were outside  normal distribution as all the wrinkly ones I saw were cents copies. I recall getting Spider-Man #105 and #121 in such a state so it’s not as though it was one months batch which got damaged in US or transit. Kull #6 and Cap A #150 are two others I remember getting. 

On 8/21/2021 at 6:30 PM, Tghutcn said:

I always loved the pre hero stories of tales of suspense and tales to astonish I just never can seem find them this is the earliest I have just before they phased out the horror and suspense stories 

5E5E1277-7114-4085-8FBF-B091287FA155.jpeg

WOW, what a gorgeous copy!!! Please keep me in mind if this should ever become available to purchase. 

I really like the small group of comics that still feature pre-heroish type stories once the superheroes enter the scene! To me, ya get the best variety in JIM, ST, TOS & TTA!!! SO cool :cool:

On 8/22/2021 at 3:52 PM, Frisco Larson said:

WOW, what a gorgeous copy!!! Please keep me in mind if this should ever become available to purchase. 

I really like the small group of comics that still feature pre-heroish type stories once the superheroes enter the scene! To me, ya get the best variety in JIM, ST, TOS & TTA!!! SO cool :cool:

Thank you if I ever do sell it I’ll pm you and let you have first chance at it I love the old JIM,ST,TOS and TTA pre heroes and the beginning of the hero stories just before they phased out the horror and suspense stories I’m currently trying to get a strange tales 111 off a friend what’s a pence copy but it’s very expensive because the first mordo and 2nd strange but I’m more interested in reading the horror story 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:09 AM, Tghutcn said:

Thank you if I ever do sell it I’ll pm you and let you have first chance at it I love the old JIM,ST,TOS and TTA pre heroes and the beginning of the hero stories just before they phased out the horror and suspense stories I’m currently trying to get a strange tales 111 off a friend what’s a pence copy but it’s very expensive because the first mordo and 2nd strange but I’m more interested in reading the horror story 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! Good luck on the ST #111. It can be an expensive book these days. :/ 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:43 AM, Garystar said:

Posted mine page 8 of the Tales Of Suspense thread, group shots so they are Ant-Man sized  

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/470138-tales-of-suspense-thread/page/8/

Thank you for posting that link! I went and checked it out and you've got quite a few pence copies (which I dig!!)!!! I noticed something weird with your copy of TOS #32 though .... does it not have a price or did someone color touch over it? I've never seen that book without a price before. It would be a previously undiscovered variant to my knowledge! 

On 8/22/2021 at 5:20 PM, Frisco Larson said:

I noticed something weird with your copy of TOS #32 though .... does it not have a price or did someone color touch over it?

Someone has marker penned over the price, it would have been pence as no date.

128E0EB5-314E-4667-99C7-D8E5640A395B.thumb.jpeg.62d986205b353d7adb022923e481a319.jpeg

Edited by Garystar

On 8/22/2021 at 4:29 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

If you are a seller I could very well be a buyer.

Sorry Albert, I was talking in the context of we could post all the Pence copies between us.

On 8/22/2021 at 9:04 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Not the first time my hopes have been dashed. Doubling my medication tonight.

There is a rough looking #1 on ebay cgc 1.8 for 11k at the moment, I am too old to know how do do a fancy fandangled link to it though :preach: