• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, kav said:

I don't think he'd do it again but reading his texts I don't see him being sorry at all.

+1

I don't think he is seeking forgiveness at all; but I forgive anyway. As to whether he'd do it again, I don't know if he was temporarily blinded but it's up to Marvel to determine the circumstances. Is he being called into HR?(insert meme here?)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, Doc McCoy said:

Ok, I guess Schwarzenegger was in HR, I want to make lite of this situation but I really can't; no reason to sway public interests by "sneaking" something in, I wonder if those who signed off on it in the first place will face retribution but I'll keep reading :) 

scrutinizing pages in future or maybe not hiring in future as too much trouble

15 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Not in a mainstream book. Certainly not intentionally.

It is an outrage when you intentionally quote a verse which calls for a certain sect to dismiss other religions. In contrast, Charlie Hebdo contributors, Theo van Gogh and Salman Rushdie all paid, most with their lives, for the same freedom of speech you and I take for granted, having their lives cut short by barbaric Islamic fanatics 

OK stop. youre giving me a headache

Yes. You clearly do.

No ones outraged about that.

Like.

I dont like you personally regardless of your beliefs, but Im not gonna go write about it in a mainstream comic. 

And again, he wasnt saying "Muslims are not friends with jews" he quoted a verse that calls for Muslims to not trust Jews & Christians and further singled out Kitty Pride as an example

Im sure youre aware that everything you wrote is incorrect. But unless someone rectifies it, some insufficiently_thoughtful_person may actually believe it to be true

I hope you don't attempt to use your perceived ability to read others minds for personal gain. If this is an example of your ability, its bound for failure.

1 minute ago, shadroch said:

I hope you don't attempt to use your perceived ability to read others minds for personal gain. If this is an example of your ability, its bound for failure.

I don't want to step in the middle but I will; he wasn't reading your mind! He was telling you how you were being PERCIEVED! He was reading other people's mind and relaying that to you..... hope this helps

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't want to step in the middle but I will; he wasn't reading your mind! He was telling you how you were being PERCIEVED! He was reading other people's mind and relaying that to you..... hope this helps

If your percieving that he is wrong, then you are attempting to read minds as well 

On a different note, I found out today that Joe Quesada was the pizza delivery guy in Jay and Silent Bob: Strikes Back 

Let's all take the time to savor the fact in a ficitonal world, our pizza can be delivered and autographed and maybe a selfie

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 minutes ago, shadroch said:

No,when he states that I agree with the artist, he couldn't be more wrong.

I took it to mean you agree with the artist thinking he has a right to 'free speech'.  Or are you reading his mind?

Edited by kav

Just now, shadroch said:

Agreed. I believe you. It just needed to be stated plainly idk peoplewere probably about as passionate against the artist as he was for what he did. I figured you were just saying, you know, what's wrong with taking a postion in a comic book :) that's understandable 

It might be best to keep direct references to religious text out of comic book stories; even references to chapter and verse.  That would avoid the need for any subsequent and conflicting interpretation, apologies, and apologists.
Unless, of course, the comic is a religious one to begin with.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

You STILL dont get it. I didnt read into anything. He handed his a** to himself by openly admitting on social media to planting this message in the book.

Even if I didnt get offended by it, others did and they rightfully called him out on it

Edited by Aweandlorder

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Having some idealist sit somewhere in Brooklyn in a coffee shop and criticize what people should or shouldnt take offense from is really what I'd like to hear him explain to me

10 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Having some idealist sit somewhere in Brooklyn in a coffee shop and criticize what people should or shouldnt take offense from is really what I'd like to hear him explain to me

Think Deep Thoughts with Jack Handey

Deep thoughts with Jack Handy.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

If an individual insinuates racial slurs, biblical at that, and you do not oppose it, than you agree with said content's sentiment. That doesnt make you a muslim, but it makes you a racist.

You just dont "perceive" it as racism. thats where youre wrong 

(Im REALLY trying to help you here)