• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

So, if kids google inappropriate material someone could say 'well they can see much worse-what's the big deal-' yeah that argument is a non starter.

1. You've very good at posting, but very poor at reading and understanding.

2. It may be inappropriate for an artist to sneak into a comic book, but it's not really "inappropriate material."

3. What kids cares about politics at all, let alone Indonesian politics? If they actually ended up reading about the backstory (unlike you), they may learn something about how dirty politicians can play, which would be a good thing.

Bottom line is that muslims do not mix with other cultures.  They seed, plant, take root and then take over.  It's a world domination ideology

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

2. It may be inappropriate for an artist to sneak into a comic book, but it's not really "inappropriate material."

3. What kids cares about politics at all, let alone Indonesian politics? If they actually ended up reading about the backstory (unlike you), they may learn something about how dirty politicians can play, which would be a good thing.

You're not good at posting or reading/understanding.  Your insults are also fairly lame.

22 minutes ago, kav said:

07308bdf-af4d-4e50-96e4-65feae6beab4.jpg

Did I just read that right? Because his Governor mocked the verse that we are all discussing not wanting, the Governor was supposed to be CONVICTED OF BLASPHEMY?

SO HE IS SAYING WE ARE ALL BLASPHEEMERS AND DESERVE THE SAME PUNISHMENT, DO YOU THINK HE IS THE LEAST BIT REMORSEFUL?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

10 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I don't want to debate whether it's right or wrong. The point I want to make is don't publish a product that pushes a point of view that some don't agree with to the children that read a comic book. Whether it's this particular book or any other. Leave your point of views out of my children's comic books.

Edited by oakman29

Notice how he says 'special to ME' and 'I WANT to put it in my work'.  It's all about what HE wants what's important to HIM.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I don't want to debate whether it's right or wrong. The point I want to make is don't publish a product that pushes a point of view that some don't agree with to the children that read a comic book. Whether it's particular book or any other. Leave your point of views out of my children's comic books.

BUT KIDS CAN SEE WAY WORSE STUFF AND ANYWAY THEY WONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS AND IF THEY DO IT WILL BE GOOD FOR THEM AND STUFF!!!!

2 minutes ago, kav said:

BUT KIDS CAN SEE WAY WORSE STUFF AND ANYWAY THEY WONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS AND IF THEY DO IT WILL BE GOOD FOR THEM AND STUFF!!!!

And people wonder why comics are going the way of the dinosaur.

And that "it is a special memory" to me----WTH does that mean? That's no explanation or reasoning of justification of a verse he can assume "could" be taken out of context....if that were true.....I "prefer" to come to my own conclusion of whatever I consider a "spiritual" text.....If I don't come to my "own" conclusion then I've just been BRAINWASHED 

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Subliminal messaging if I've ever heard it lol "take the reds man"" here is officer omaly"

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Subliminal messaging if I've ever heard it lol "take the reds man"" here is officer omaly"

:roflmao:this thread is full of all kinds of win!

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

And that "it is a special memory" to me----WTH does that mean? That's no explanation or reasoning of justification of a verse he can assume "could" be taken out of context....if that were true.....I "prefer" to come to my own conclusion of whatever I consider a "spiritual" text.....If I don't come to my "own" conclusion then I've just been BRAINWASHED 

Marvel has a special memory too-FIRING HIS SPOON!!!!!

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did I just read that right? Because his Governor mocked the verse that we are all discussing not wanting, the Governor was supposed to be CONVICTED OF BLASPHEMY?

SO HE IS SAYING WE ARE ALL BLASPHEEMERS AND DESERVE THE SAME PUNISHMENT, DO YOU THINK HE IS THE LEAST BIT REMORSEFUL?

It's ironic that people always use 'freedom of speech' to defend people who are violently opposed to freedom of speech.....BLASPHEMY!!!

Just now, kav said:

Marvel has a special memory too-FIRING HIS SPOON!!!!!

lol I do feel he is attempting to do something for his cause that means a lot to him, but dang that was a swing and a miss :( I hope he does find peace for his situation, we all do, but what a way to go----

1 minute ago, Mercury Man said:

The approach was underhanded, and a tad bit slimey.  Figure out another way to get your opinion out there.   

No need to subliminally stick it in our kiddie books. 

Maybe he thought hey Marvel is gung ho with diversity stuff they won't mind if I-

2 minutes ago, kav said:

It's ironic that people always use 'freedom of speech' to defend people who are violently opposed to freedom of speech.....BLASPHEMY!!!

For reals 

The articles in the thread don't say a lot of info on the indonesia "situation" if it is just a matter of blasphemy, then it IS a head scratcher: the freedom of speech vs freedom of speech, and this artist is the only one that I see that is wanting to take away freedom. The Governor can't please everybody.