• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

If an individual insinuates racial slurs, biblical at that, and you do not oppose it, than you agree with said content's sentiment. That doesnt make you a muslim, but it makes you a racist.

You just dont "perceive" it as racism. thats where youre wrong 

(Im REALLY trying to help you here)

glwt

23 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

If an individual insinuates racial slurs, biblical at that, and you do not oppose it, than you agree with said content's sentiment. That doesnt make you a muslim, but it makes you a racist.

kinda like I was tryiing to tell senormac at the first of the thread, it's not "wanting a white-bread world" to want to protect against this kind of thing, and to buy this comic unknowingly because it was snuck in there bites. You do know senormac there are other races that are Christian/Jewish. But to live in an overly political correct world makes newcomers naive, so I don't know if it will ever be over and done with :( 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

This has nothing to do with race. It's about politics first and religion second.

The new store close by had copies SUN & my wee LCS (closed SUN-MON) still had a few copies this this evening.

I picked up one and read it. Objectively, his art was quite good.

I also picked up the ResurreXion Preview that had this quick interview (whoops)...

Xmen%20Gold%201%20Interview_zpslk8h2ozg.

Xmen%20Gold%201%20Interview%202_zpsvq6fr

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

This has nothing to do with race. It's about politics first and religion second.

It is not politics.

Any quote from a religious text is a religious statement.

Religion by it's very nature is fundamentally intolerant.

To say it differently, there is NO tolerance in religion.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

It is not politics.

Yes, it is. See my explanation of the situation here.

Any quote from a religious text is a religious statement.

There was no quote from a religious text, only a reference to a passage that was used as part of a political campaign.

Religion by it's very nature is fundamentally intolerant.

To say it differently, there is NO tolerance in religion.

Yeah, I know. But that's not the point.

31 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

There was no quote from a religious text, only a reference to a passage that was used as part of a political campaign.

Right, it referenced a chapter and verse. Same thing for all practical purposes.

He may have been referencing a political rally but Islam doesn't separate church and state.

The verse is sacred and it's meaning is religious. And it was his intent, regardless of what he says.

Edited by VintageComics

10 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Simply correcting your post does nothing to change the actions of the artist or the quality of those actions.

You weren't "correcting" anyone. You're entitled to your opinion so pointless to argue about it. 

But telling a judge you didn't shoot the victim, just ran over him with a truck is kinda idiotic don't you think?

Why are we arguing about what's the subject of offense is? Pointless. 

People got offended and voiced their concern.

Im personally offended by the horrible art but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. 

Some people are more critical about that hidden message than me and they rightfully spoke loud about it. 

Accusing them of being the problem is moronic 

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Im personally offended by the horrible art but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. 

:roflmao:

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

You weren't "correcting" anyone. You're entitled to your opinion so pointless to argue about it. 

But telling a judge you didn't shoot the victim, just ran over him with a truck is kinda idiotic don't you think?

How is it not a correction when telling somebody using words like "racism" that the topic has nothing to do with race?

Words have specific meanings. I realize from previous threads that you don't have a very good grasp of this concept, but come on.

Poisoning, shooting and drowning may all kill a person, but that doesn't make them the same.

19 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Words have specific meanings. I realize from previous threads that you don't have a very good grasp of this concept, but come on.

many (most) words have several meanings-you seem to be unaware of this.  The word 'run' for example has 396 different meanings.  Hope this helps.

Edited by kav

17 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

How is it not a correction when telling somebody using words like "racism" that the topic has nothing to do with race?

Poisoning, shooting and drowning may all kill a person, but that doesn't make them the same.

And I realize from previous posts in this very thread that nothing has changed. You're still riding your high horse expecting everyone to chew on your bs. 

But no one does. 

So again, stick to the topic 

How is it that a hateful anti-Semitic message planted in a mainstream comic book not meant to offend people who called it just that

4 minutes ago, kav said:

many (most) words have several meanings-you seem to be unaware of this.  The word 'run' for example has 396 different meanings.  Hope this helps.

True, and that's why context matters. But "run" never means the same thing as "lost" or "trouble."

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Don't let him drag you into this. 

Lazybot lives on petty arguments like this. He thinks his some kinda CGC Board avenger lmmfao

Waste of time arguing w him

Just now, Lazyboy said:

True, and that's why context matters. But "run" never means the same thing as "lost" or "trouble."

it can:

"How's Bob?"

"Not good"

"More trouble?"
"yeah, he had another run"

hope that helps.