• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,152 posts in this topic

On 5/20/2024 at 12:11 PM, Robot Man said:

@Hepcat I saw one of these Weird-Ohs binders at the flea market yesterday for $300. First one I have seen in person. I passed on it at that price. 

b5bc23e4-c3ba-4ba7-ad01-9c337d6b38cc.jpg?v=1711555800&width=990

This last one is fantastic 👏

Dunno that I'd say public transpo is worse than it used to be, seems better in most cities.  I saw some stuff in the 80s that can't be unseen, and I'd guess it was even more grisly in the 70s (shrug)

On 5/20/2024 at 11:40 AM, Darwination said:

This last one is fantastic 👏

Dunno that I'd say public transpo is worse than it used to be, seems better in most cities.  I saw some stuff in the 80s that can't be unseen, and I'd guess it was even more grisly in the 70s (shrug)

I have rarely used public transportation but it has gotton severely worse, even deadly in many large cities. Zombies would be the least of your worries if riding subways and busses. :sorry:

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 11:18 AM, Robot Man said:

Yes, this was the beginning of his career. In the late 1960’s he “tuned in” and moved to the Bay Area and started doing concert posters for Chet Helms and the Family Dog. 

Indeed he did. But I still preferred him as a beatnik marketing T-shirts to hot rod enthusiasts and sundry greaseballs though.

Though I had rock star long hair for decades beginning in the late 1960's myself and an enviable accumulation of LPs, I rebelled against the whole hippie thing. I decided it was far more counter culture to be a muscle car loving greaseball. So I drove a candy apple red Dodge Charger with B.F. Goodrich Radial T/As and an engine courtesy of Jesse at the Hemi Shop (but with a Craig Powerplay cassette deck and Pioneer 6x9 speakers for my Rolling Stones, Doors and psychedelic garage rock).

And no, I've lost neither my hair or greaseball attitude to this very day!

:50849494_winkemoji:

Edited by Hepcat

I kind of wish my Grizz had kept Jonas Valanciunas instead of moving to Steven Adams, but he was great for us, too. 

I grew up in punk rock and always made fun of "granolas" (my parents generation, though neither were dead heads) but have warmed to the fact that an explosion of color is actually counter-culture in this day and age.

A boy friend of my daughter's left this T-shirt behind with my daughter, and she gave it to me:

20240521_120919.thumb.jpg.1ab88aa304999db0cd4d3ecd299b73fd.jpg

I put it on for a trip to the gym the other day.  My wife said, YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS :roflmao:

On 5/21/2024 at 8:36 AM, Hepcat said:

Indeed he did. But I still preferred him as a beatnik marketing T-shirts to hot rod enthusiasts and sundry greaseballs though.

Though I had rock star long hair for decades beginning in the late 1960's myself and an enviable accumulation of LPs, I rebelled against the whole hippie thing. I decided it was far more counter culture to be a muscle car loving greaseball. So I drove a candy apple red Dodge Charger with B.F. Goodrich radial T/As and an engine courtesy of Jesse at the Hemi Shop (but with a Craig Powerplay cassette deck and Pioneer 6x9 speakers for my Rolling Stones, Doors and psychedelic garage rock).

And no, I've lost neither my hair or greaseball attitude to this very day!

:50849494_winkemoji:

What an awsome car! I’m sure you had fun with that. Pretty sure I had more fun with my old Ford Econoline van though…:baiting:

On 5/21/2024 at 10:19 AM, Darwination said:

I kind of wish my Grizz had kept Jonas Valanciunas instead of moving to Steven Adams, but he was great for us, too. 

I grew up in punk rock and always made fun of "granolas" (my parents generation, though neither were dead heads) but have warmed to the fact that an explosion of color is actually counter-culture in this day and age.

A boy friend of my daughter's left this T-shirt behind with my daughter, and she gave it to me:

20240521_120919.thumb.jpg.1ab88aa304999db0cd4d3ecd299b73fd.jpg

I put it on for a trip to the gym the other day.  My wife said, YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS :roflmao:

I started on the British Invasion, slipped into the psydellic era and moved into the New Wave/Punk era. Still searching out good music that rocks today.

I had a great shirt in the new Wave era. It was a Stiff records promo. It said on the front: “If it ain’t Stiff” and on the back “It ain’t worth a F…”. My wife hated it and tried to throw it away but I always managed to get it back. My younger daughter found it when she was in high school and I gave it to her. She wore it to death. 

Thanks for this Bob, we can always count on you to give it to us straight. Sounds like major fun was had by all. They can have the next one at the Hollywood Bowl :cloud9:Wish I could have gone. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MEME JANIS.jpg

On 6/2/2024 at 8:57 AM, jimjum12 said:

Thanks for this Bob, we can always count on you to give it to us straight. Sounds like major fun was had by all. They can have the next one at the Hollywood Bowl :cloud9:Wish I could have gone. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MEME JANIS.jpg

Thanks Jim. Yeah, would be fun to tip a couple and geek over books. Was a fun show. Good to catch up with friends and make new ones.