• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2024 at 11:59 AM, Robot Man said:

weirdohscase.jpg

Oh wow! That Standard Plastics Products Davey carrying case is wild cool and highly coveted by Weird-Ohs enthusiasts (including myself).

:headbang:

On 4/20/2024 at 9:12 AM, Hepcat said:

Oh wow! That Standard Plastics Products Davey carrying case is wild cool and highly coveted by Weird-Ohs enthusiasts (including myself).

:headbang:

Only one I've ever seen.

On 4/20/2024 at 12:10 PM, Robot Man said:

marxnutmadhotrods.jpg

marxnuttymads2.jpg

marxnuttymads3.jpg

marxnuttymads4.jpg

Those are MPC "Daffy" Daddy-Ohs in the second row betwixt the Marx Nutty Mads, are they not?

???

On 4/20/2024 at 12:12 PM, Robot Man said:

ratfinkcostume1a.jpg

Those Collegeville "Big Daddy" Roth costumes are boss cool! There's also a Surfink:

Surfink%202_zpstvuhsgdg.png (Not mine.)

Were you the one to get Ed Roth's autograph on the costume? ??? I never actually met Roth anywhere but I had a couple phone conversations with him circa 2000.

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat

On 4/20/2024 at 9:18 AM, Hepcat said:

I believe the Nash are the most highly prized skateboards by collectors. Am I wrong? ???

I have a Shark:

ANash.jpg

Actually the Tony Hawk and 1970's era boards are in the most demand out here.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:32 AM, Hepcat said:

Those Collegeville "Big Daddy" Roth costumes are boss cool! There's also a Surfink:

Surfink%202_zpstvuhsgdg.png (Not mine.)

Were you the one to get Ed Roth's autograph on the costume? ??? I never actually met Roth anywhere but I had a couple phone conversations with him circa 2000.

Yeah, I got him to sign at at the Hot Rod Hootenanny at the Moon Records parking lot show. My buddy got an old toilet seat painted with a Rat Fink airbrushed treatment. 

On 4/20/2024 at 9:48 AM, Hepcat said:

Here are a couple more then (not mine):

weird-ohs-car-icky-tures-suburbanite_1_8

Weird-Ohs.jpg

:tieddowngif:

Love those especially in black. I wonder what they were supposed to be used for? Mine is only a few inches thick. I assume there are 4 in the set. I’ve had mine like forever and haven’t seen another other than these.

On 4/21/2024 at 12:51 PM, Hepcat said:

That one I've had for some 25 years:

This one though was among my most exciting acquisitions last year:

Revell_Rat_Fink_in_Lotus_djJwxHJqenRG7pa

Revell_Rat_Fink_in_Lotus_1_x6T28ZY56VLaS

Here's the ad that Revell ran in publications such as Boy's Life in 1964-65 to advertise the two kits:

:)

So it's just the car?  Ratfink not included?

A Rat Fink figure proportional to the car and resembling the one pictured on the box is included. The inclusion of the fink figures made the slot cars too top heavy of course and they were very poor performers on any slot car track.

Edited by Hepcat

On 4/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, Robot Man said:

ratfinkrecord.jpg

weird-ohs:sillysurferrecord1.jpg

weird-ohs:sillysurferrecord2.jpg

weird-ohsrecord1.jpg

weird-ohsrecord2.jpg

Those LP's are wild cool! I remember seeing one of the "Big Daddy" Roth ones when I was actively accumulating vinyl LP's circa 1970. I have one other "Big Daddy" Roth LP you've not pictured:

HotRodLPs.jpg

I like to relax to the sweet sounds of Rods 'n Ratfinks:

HepcatRatFinkLP.jpg

But I don't have the Weird-Ohs or Silly Surfers LP's. I take it that yours are two separate albums. I believe I've seen an LP with the Weird-Ohs on the front of the sleeve and the Silly Surfers on the back.

(shrug)

On 4/23/2024 at 12:51 PM, Hepcat said:

A Rat Fink figure proportional to the car and resembling the one pictured on the box is included. The inclusion of the fink figures made the slot cars too top heavy of course and they were very poor performers on any slot car track.

How come it doesn't appear in any of the pictures of the open box?