• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I don't suppose many of you noticed the ebay seller who was just selling the comic book and pulp membership cards. Wow, for premiums, they went for some pretty stiff prices. I knew the Capt. America Sentinentals of Liberty Card would do well and it did at $430. I think the Shield G-Man card also did pretty well at $203. A year ago they would have probably gone for half of that even though they are pretty hard to come by.

What surprised me though, were the two pulp cards Friends of the Phantom at $267 and the G-Men Club at $360!!! Pulp premiums are very hard to find since they were aimed at adults but there has never seemed to be a lot of pulp collectors that wanted them.

I took a real stiff swing at the G-Men Club card since I didn't have it and I already had the badge. I was left at the starting gate out of gas. :sorry:Sometimes I really wonder what it takes to get stuff anymore. Everything is just getting crazy.

It appears that the premium market is a lot stronger than I thought and is starting to make a come back, Great if you are selling but not so good if you are buying...

Actually because of your journal I got into all of this and was the winner of those auctions.

... just joking.  But do you ever wonder that your journal may be contributing to people getting interested and thus raising prices?

16 hours ago, n2wdw said:

Actually because of your journal I got into all of this and was the winner of those auctions.

... just joking.  But do you ever wonder that your journal may be contributing to people getting interested and thus raising prices?

I seriously doubt it. Comic book collectors want comic books. They only have a passing interest in the other stuff at best. I am a comic book reader and discovered the clubs upon actually reading my books. I remember sending away for stuff on cereal boxes and waiting for the mailman. The club premiums are just a natural progression for me. The small amount of existing premiums especially for the obscure clubs is a real challenge for me to find. And the thrill of the hunt is the best part of collecting!

20 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A REAL nice wall!

7B81B155-7E50-4AEE-AB74-474F5B50AB23.jpeg

This is definitely a cup-runneth-over photo. Seven Amazing Fantasy 15's?? That we can see...

Are there little 'k's after some of those prices? Like the top row for sure. It doesn't look like there are enough zeros.

10 hours ago, PopKulture said:

This is definitely a cup-runneth-over photo. Seven Amazing Fantasy 15's?? That we can see...

Are there little 'k's after some of those prices? Like the top row for sure. It doesn't look like there are enough zeros.

Yep, nothing for bottom feeders in this booth. This about he had, two wonderful racks...