• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,571 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2023 at 10:04 AM, Robot Man said:

Nice! Please tell me you have played it. I got my Gibson SG pick guard signed by Pete Townshend. I did take it off and replaced it with another one. It is one of my favorite guitars.

Funny story how I got it. A local radio station broadcast if anyone wanted to play “Pinball Wizard” with Pete to come up to the station to come up. Me and a buddy showed up along with about 40 other guitarists and after a tune up session, we played it with Pete. He was a great guy, signing autographs and taking pictures. 

Thanks for the compliment, but alas, my guitar knowledge is even less formidable than Marc Bolan's two chords (T. Rex), although Marc was a hugely successful guitar poser and an inspired lyricist.

The story of this guitar was literally luck of the draw. My late wife and I'd been to dozens of Joe's concerts in various size venues, everything from small clubs to medium sized halls and entered a drawing for the guitar. There are probably photos of us hanging out after shows with Joe and his first touring band (Erik Czar and Kenny Kramme). Rox would always provide them copies of her latest novel to read on tour. Early Joe, with Erik & Kenny (circa 2000)...

Joe's had a bit of good luck himself in the music business, but he's an extremely smart business manager as well as a very talented blues musician.

:cheers: :drumroll:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale and rhythm section added!

On 6/15/2023 at 11:18 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Thanks for the compliment, but alas, my guitar knowledge is even less formidable than Marc Bolan's two chords (T. Rex), although Marc was a hugely successful guitar poser and an inspired lyricist.

The story of this guitar was literally luck of the draw. My late wife and I'd been to dozens of Joe's concerts in various size venues, everything from small clubs to medium sized halls and entered a drawing for the guitar. There are probably photos of us hanging out after shows with Joe and his first touring band (Erik Czar and Kenny Kramme). Rox would always provide them copies of her latest novel to read on tour. Early Joe, with Erik & Kenny (circa 2000)...

Joe's had a bit of good luck himself in the music business, but he's an extremely smart business manager as well as a very talented blues musician.

:cheers: :drumroll:

Great item and story Cat. But that Strat is just begging to be played. You are never too old to take some guitar lessons… Joe would be proud. 

And yeah, Joe is a master blues man. One of the best of the contemporary blues players.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:18 AM, Robot Man said:

Great item and story Cat. But that Strat is just begging to be played. You are never too old to take some guitar lessons… Joe would be proud. 

And yeah, Joe is a master blues man. One of the best of the contemporary blues players.

Thanks! It's more shocking when I pose as a power shredder even when my guitar isn't plugged in... lol

Image2-3-23at8_02PM.jpeg.3a7b51b8a6c84608702d17177b284bc4.jpeg

This daguerrotype would be my first albumin cover, ...if anyone can figure that pun out. 

It's not accurate to say I "collect" these, but I did pick up three Avalon Hill World War II-themed strategy board games about 25 years ago at a local "antique warehouse" type store.  I believe these versions were all from the mid-1960s, so only about 20 years after the end of the War - still fresh in many minds it would be fair to say.  Had obviously been played many times before they came my way.  Board for D-Day game pictured.

Board Game - Battle of the Bulge.jpg

Board Game - Blitzkreig.jpg

Board Game - D-Day.jpg

Board Game - D-Day Board.jpg