• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

Because so many details of the film are still in the dark, rumors have been swirling that Styles would be appearing in the film as his character Starfox (also known as Eros), as teased in the post-credits scene of 2021's Eternals. During an interview with Extra TV, Gunn was asked if the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 rumors were true, and he shut them down immediately. He said, quite simply, "nope." Read his full quote below:

"Nope! I’m setting the record straight. Starfox doesn’t pop up, nope."

:ohnoez:

On 7/27/2022 at 2:45 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Thank god. I'm still disappointed that Starfox was not Star-Lord's dad in GotG 2. Son of Eros in love with the adopted daughter of Thanos? Would have loved to see that thread unwind.

He has a counter to run anyway. Very busy!

harry-styles-starfox.gif.c47a9b27a2d6bdd7d95bbfecf1f20be4.gif

On 12/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, Beige said:

This one is going to end in tears.

For years it seems like story-wise, this has been leading up to Rocket dying in this last one.  But PRAGMATICALLY … from an MCU business perspective, that makes zero sense. To kill off a fully animated character… one who could live in the world forever… one for whom you require very little from the voice actor when you do need him or you could recast with the least blowback (certainly less than a RL character )… just seems crazy. Meanwhile, someone like Drax, when Dave Bautista has been very public in saying he’s done with the character… that makes a lot more sense.

But I think it comes down to what James Gunn has had in mind and the leeway Marvel gave him for the story. Things also do have to wrap into Secret Wars and then beyond, but this is the final part of his trilogy and his goodbye to the MCU… so at least one team member is not making it through. And Cosmo doesn’t count. 😉  So if his plan all along WAS for Rocket to go… it’ll be Rocket. 

I'm not impressed by the trailer, overall. Some of it looks as bad as the rest of Phase Bore, some of it looks fantastic. It's only the first trailer, so I'm not going to let it set the tone, as it didn't really tell us anything.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 12/3/2022 at 12:15 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not impressed by the trailer, overall. Some of it looks as bad as the rest of Phase Bore, some of it looks fantastic. It's only the first trailer, so I'm not going to let it set the tone, as it didn't really tell us anything.

Agreed, it was very underwhelming.   They're persisting with Drax as a bumbling doosh bag, and the rest are lacklustre, or played like drama queens.   

Thats a pass, this one looks like it's aimed squarely at the kids.