• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2023 at 7:34 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Also - from the early reports about Adam Warlock, I have zero FOMO about selling my minty Marvel Premiere / Warlock set 8 years ago.

Feel like a lot of Warlock speculators are going to be sorely disappointed.

Based on how the Marvel movies and shows have been received in Phase 4 (and so far Phase 5), I find people "speculating" on the movies/shows to get a "pop in prices" rather funny.  That worked great in the early phases but I don't see it staying like that.

Yeah - but the Warlock speculation's been interesting to watch.

The Guardians vol. 2 cocoon cameo and name-check aside, both Warlock and Moon Knight keys have been on a speculative tear for like 7 years each, mostly because of the lack of confirmed media.

At a certain point, folks realized they were basically the two biggest Marvel Bronze heroes left that *hadn't* had definitive MCU appearances, so the books just kept increasing because they had to appear sometime, right? (see the last 2-3 years with Silver Surfer as well.)

I haven't tracked Werewolf 32's value since Moon Knight Season 1 has now come and gone, but I imagine it's fallen a bit from its peak.

Infinity Gauntlet and its related books were fundamental to my childhood comic collecting, and Warlock 1-15 was probably the first Bronze title I completed in high school - I *loved* those books - and regret selling my CGC 9.6 copy of Marvel Premiere 1.

So...after all that (and his notable omission from Infinity War), we finally get Warlock in Guardians 3 and - per the Mashable reviewer - he's played for *laughs*?

:facepalm:

On 4/29/2023 at 3:04 PM, Larryw7 said:

Based on the review that media_junkie posted, I think I'll wait for the Blu-ray.

I think I'll wait until Hell freezes over.

Edited by D84
Damn you autocorrect!

On 4/29/2023 at 6:54 PM, Straw-Man said:

well, yeah, it ain't a d.c....

Nothing to do with Marvel or DC. That review made the movie sound like a real downer, but don't worry it has comic relief from Adam Warlock. It might technically be a great film, but it doesn't sound like a movie for me. And I love the Guardian movies (yes, even the second one).

On 5/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

Whoa!

Gitesh is Mr. MCU with box office analysts, and always rates them high. This was not the reaction I expected.

(shrug)

"Mostly for MCU faithful", that tells me everything I need to know about the movie.  It is more of the same.  This is at best a D+ watch for me.