• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 4/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

I loved Guardians Vol. I

Tolerated Guardians Vol. II

This looks like a repeat of the original character interactions and jokes to some nostalgia-based popular music. I'm not blown away just yet.

I really liked Guardians 1.

Didn't care for Guardians 2 at all.

Guardians 3 will most likely be a D+ watch for me (man I wish my kids didn't love their D+ shows so much, I'd drop that in a heartbeat).

On 4/20/2023 at 4:47 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

What actually felt like a military-like chore was going to see Shazam 2 Fury of the Godesses. It reminded me of my days back in the ‘Nam when the only worry you had was dyin’.

All we ask is like you have done with Wonder Woman 1984 and Shazam Fury of the Gods is come back and post everything that night - including the spoilers just like you did with those movies. Everything!

On 4/20/2023 at 4:50 PM, media_junkie said:

I really liked Guardians 1.

Didn't care for Guardians 2 at all.

Guardians 3 will most likely be a D+ watch for me (man I wish my kids didn't love their D+ shows so much, I'd drop that in a heartbeat).

:cheers:

On 4/21/2023 at 9:26 AM, Jemin said:

You people are crazy!  This looks fun and I'll be there to see it!

That's how they get ya. 

Quite a common issue; creating a fresh and vital formula, and then seeing it rushed out and repeated less effectively, and with declining expectation and impact because of familiarity.  Nonetheless, the original film is my favourite Marvel Studios film, I hope the final one is good, and I might even go out to watch it on the big screen, my first since Endgame.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/23/2023 at 10:21 AM, Axelrod said:
On 4/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, media_junkie said:

$750 million max.

I will take the "over" on this one.  How much over remains to be seen.  

Okay. The bets are in. No turning back.

Now which one has to drink raw squirrel's milk if their bet is off? We will know soon enough.

:popcorn:

On 4/23/2023 at 3:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

Okay. The bets are in. No turning back.

Now which one has to drink raw squirrel's milk if their bet is off? We will know soon enough.

:popcorn:

I believe Capra said he would sit on a cactus if The Marvelettes makes more than $550 million. 

On 4/23/2023 at 7:19 PM, Bosco685 said:

GotG Vol. 3 and The Marvels are two different movies. How about you take that topic to the appropriate thread....

Uh_Nevermind.gif.25d323ff898af5929696ce482b697270.gif

:fear:

Well, another easy prediction:  Whatever GoTG makes, The Marvels is going to make less.  So you know the higher-ups are sweating a little. Because if GoTG underperforms, The Marvels is going to tank, hard.  Whereas if GoTG soars, there's a lot more room for The Marvels to make less, but still be a hit.