• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2023 at 6:41 PM, Axelrod said:

Well, another easy prediction:  Whatever GoTG makes, The Marvels is going to make less.  So you know the higher-ups are sweating a little. Because if GoTG underperforms, The Marvels is going to tank, hard.  Whereas if GoTG soars, there's a lot more room for The Marvels to make less, but still be a hit.  

That is the gist of it.

On 4/23/2023 at 7:41 PM, Axelrod said:

Well, another easy prediction:  Whatever GoTG makes, The Marvels is going to make less.  So you know the higher-ups are sweating a little. Because if GoTG underperforms, The Marvels is going to tank, hard.  Whereas if GoTG soars, there's a lot more room for The Marvels to make less, but still be a hit.  

Agreed.

If anything has a shot at being the stronger movie, it would seem that would be GotG Vol. 3.

But time will tell how accurate that turns out to be.

On 4/23/2023 at 7:41 PM, Axelrod said:

Isn’t that kinda what y’all said with Captain Marvel before she made $1.13 billion dollars, $300 million more than GOTGV2?  Yes yes, I know I know Captain Marvel benefited from two Avengers movies or whatever the phrase is, but I also think you’re underestimating the woman factor that could make a difference for the sequel. Captain Marvel makes news. Captain Marvel starts fights, wars even. Captain Marvel breaks the internet. Guardians don’t. We shall see. I am, though, looking forward to finding out how that cactus works out for Capra.

On 4/23/2023 at 8:44 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Were you right about the first Captain Marvel’s box office?

Yes I was!  (you kind of have to take my word on that one, of course.  I wasn't even on these boards at that time)

I think you might be operating under a misconception.  I am not a Captain Marvel hater, nor do I desire the next movie to fail.  Personally, I hope it's great and does very well. I will see it, pretty much regardless of reviews.  All I've said so far is that one trailer they have released did not inspire me with confidence.  I'm concerned they're leaning too much into the comedy and slapstick.  

On 4/24/2023 at 5:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

Okay. The bets are in. No turning back.

Now which one has to drink raw squirrel's milk if their bet is off? We will know soon enough.

:popcorn:

Squirrel's milk is surprisingly nice.

Lots of Ice, and a slice of Strawberry completes it. :luhv:

On 4/23/2023 at 8:52 PM, Axelrod said:

Yes I was!  (you kind of have to take my word on that one, of course.  I wasn't even on these boards at that time)

I think you might be operating under a misconception.  I am not a Captain Marvel hater, nor do I desire the next movie to fail.  Personally, I hope it's great and does very well. I will see it, pretty much regardless of reviews.  All I've said so far is that one trailer they have released did not inspire me with confidence.  I'm concerned they're leaning too much into the comedy and slapstick.  

The bummer here is now that a few threads have already been locked due to the fantacism over Captain Marvel and the excessive defense of The Marvels before we have seen anything of meaning, this could let to yet another disruption.

At least with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 there is more a strong opinion this was some of the best of the MCU in recent times. And although Vol. 2 went off the rails, it still was a decent watch continuing the story of these characters that started off strong. I hope Vol. 3 gets it back on track. But with the modern stories, it is hard to say until you see it for ourselves.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

On 4/24/2023 at 8:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'll sit on a cactus if this makes $1 billion.

I think you are safe, neither 1 or 2 came close to the billion mark and I don't see this getting there either with the general apathy towards superhero films right now.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:55 PM, JC25427N said:

....Did you just spoil the movie? (Or link to a tweet that spoils it I guess)

Edit: I removed the quote so no one else reads it, I'm gonna just say avoid SilverMane's posts in the previous page. 

Oh you mean did the tweet where the French critic says Rocket and Nebula  “excel in a dignified send-off” possibly spoil that Rocket and Nebula are excellent as they each get dignified deaths? No, I think he means Ricket and Nebula are both excellent in a movie that is a dignified send-off to the current Guardians. I think the guy would be dead and the tweet removed if he spoiled which, if any, Guardians buy it.

I'm excited that I got a prescreen pass to see this a week from Wednesday,  although I can't guarantee I can go, it is looking good so far though that I'll show up. :takeit:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 7:55 AM, JC25427N said:

Edit: I removed the quote so no one else reads it, I'm gonna just say avoid SilverMane's posts in the previous page. 

I blocked him months ago. This forum section is a much nicer place without his relentless BS

On 4/24/2023 at 5:55 PM, JC25427N said:

Another one to watch for... dropping spoilers before and the week of a release.

party_pooper.gif.b9c4b36c7595becee90035e2c3c8a31d.gif