• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 3
3 3

114 posts in this topic

I thought the 8.0 Baloo was nicer than the grade being awarded. What am I missing to bring this book down to a 8.0?

I noticed the corner chip and also some slight spine wear.

Anything else ?

:shy:

Edited by IncredibleHauck

Except for LordRahl... LordRahl skipped the FIRST TWO rounds... and then rocked DOUBLE BULLSEYES. :whatthe:    (worship) (worship)

He must be very confident. :eyeroll:

More later...

I went 7.5 and 9.2.  So what is that a 0?  Maybe the bottom edge is really rough on the Jungle Book which brought it down?

Just now, 1Cool said:

I went 7.5 and 9.2.  So what is that a 0?  Maybe the bottom edge is really rough on the Jungle Book which brought it down?

Yes... 1 and -1 = 0 for Round 3

Welp that's what happens why I try to apply what I learned from the last round's "9.4" AT25 (yeahright). Didn't see any significant difference between Baloo (8.0) and AT25 (9.4) from last round, in fact Baloo looked way better with almost no spine issues.

Can someone who graded AT25 as being 9.4 and Baloo being 8.0 please let me know what you saw in AT25 that Baloo was lacking and vice-versa? Honest question. I looked at that AT25 with all those spine-ticks and that corner crease and said, well hellzbellz that Baloo looks pretty darn good compared to that! Ugh.

So... back to grading and not prognosticating what CGC would do. :tonofbricks:

Edited by jcjames

22 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Holy carp on a cracker that's exactly what I put lol i got a grown emoji after graded were recorded and I rethought it as 5.0 &8.0 been kicking myself for 2 days lol 

Edit I stand corrected it's a 0

26 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

OK, had 7.5 because I didn't think there would be two 6.5's in a row. I knew that dust shadow brought it down. My mind is playing tricks on me!! .5 on the Baloo. I do love that movie! 

Tough!

I thought the same thing no 2 -6.5's in a row

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Welp that's what happens why I try to apply what I learned from the last round's "9.4" AT25 (yeahright). Didn't see any significant difference between Baloo (8.0) and AT25 (9.4) from last round, in fact Baloo looked way better with almost no spine issues.

Can someone who graded AT25 as being 9.4 and Baloo being 8.0 please let me know what you saw in AT25 that Baloo was lacking and vice-versa? Honest question.

I saw those corner chips, damage which seemed to run thru all the pages, a fingerprint and some small spine ticks-it just felt more like an 8.5 which was my guess.  The AT just had a few spine tics, the lwr corner buffing was minuscule.

Edited by kav

Just now, jcjames said:

Can someone who graded AT25 as being 9.4 and Baloo being 8.0 please let me know what you saw in AT25 that Baloo was lacking and vice-versa? Honest question.

The Baloo book had some light scuffs on the back cover, and a small tear at the bottom. You're right though, the spine is really sharp. I called it 8.5 as the book looked pretty crisp overall. (Also wasn't sure if the tear was 'production' or not.)  (shrug)

1 minute ago, Point Five said:

(Also wasn't sure if the tear was 'production' or not.) 

I was worried about that.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I saw those corner chips, a fingerprint and some small spine ticks-it just felt more like am 8.5 which was my guess.  The AT just had a few spine tics, the lwr corner buffing was minuscule.

Thanks, I saw the corner problem on Baloo and compared it to the AT which also had a small lfc crease and even more prominent spine-ticks IMO. I didn't really see any cb-spine ticks on Baloo. Whereabouts was the fingerprint?