• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comicconnect November 2017 auction

244 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, NicoV said:

This Wolverine #75 splash page was listed at $18k, and this price did not change - at least for the 3 last months.

Hefty price tag , let’s hope Anthony Ma ( customer service rep at metropolis/ comicconnect) can hook up time payments on that piece !

Once again Comiclink is doing their fall feature auction the same time as the comicconnect one, and there are some insane pages in the Comic link one also. (Mcfarlane spawn, spiderman, and hulk pages...Kirby ff4 pieces...etc etc...). All I know is that I’ll be lucky to have a roof over my head after all this action in November!

On 9/24/2017 at 2:39 PM, Ryanfromottawa said:

Have the death of superman pages ever been up for sale from issue 75?

Near complete interior art (plus cover) are in The Impossible Collection. I imagine the billionaire owner of said collection would pay a pretty penny to complete that issue.

24 minutes ago, Nexus said:

Near complete interior art (plus cover) are in The Impossible Collection. I imagine the billionaire owner of said collection would pay a pretty penny to complete that issue.

Wow, that is pretty impressive (not that the impossible collection wasn’t impressive as it was) I wasn’t aware he had oa in 5e collection also. Is there any other oa in his collection?

22 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Wow, that is pretty impressive (not that the impossible collection wasn’t impressive as it was) I wasn’t aware he had oa in 5e collection also. Is there any other oa in his collection?

I didn't see the exhibit in person, just gleaned a few misc pieces from online photos. One of the pieces is the painted art for the DKR 3-D retail display.

(Yes, that's what stuck out most to me:P)

On 9/24/2017 at 2:21 PM, Khazano said:

I own the two pages that follow that splash from XMEN 25. (As well as the sweet Magneto page in the beginning of the issue.)  I've been chasing quality pages from this book for years. I was told many moons ago that the splash from issue 25 and the matching color guide went missing / were stolen from the Marvel offices back in the 90s. Now that may be complete BS, since that information didnt come from Mr. Kubert. (MAYBE Spencer told me. I could be wrong.)   But, it is a fact that's always in the back of my head, and at least for me, does make the splash from Wol 75 more desirable, as it's the only premium page of that moment from that story line, save the covers. 

Those two pages of yours after the splash are fantastic.   This story has always been a favorite of mine. X-men 25 / Wolverine 75 were the first two comics I read as a kid.   I've been trying to track down pages from both books too and was lucky to have the opportunity to purchase the Wolverine 75 cover this year.  I've managed to get some pages from each book but none on the level of the one in the upcoming CC auction (or that page 43 of yours)    The splash from X-men 25 definitely exists.  I don't own it but I've seen it.  

I  could be wrong but I think I remember seeing the page from the ComicConnect auction selling somewhere once before.  (I thought it was an old Comicconnect auction) But I don't know for sure and can't find the sale now.  

Edited by Filter81

You are correct. The splash to X-men 25 does exist. I am fortunate to have had this fantastic piece in my possession since Andy got it back from Marvel in Dec. of 1993.

My brother was a friend/agent of his during the early 90's. It was actually a Christmas gift from him that year. Kinda cool. I just thought you would like to know that it is safe and sound hanging on the wall in my bedroom. My wife is very understanding.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:11 PM, Filter81 said:

Those two pages of yours after the splash are fantastic.   This story has always been a favorite of mine. X-men 25 / Wolverine 75 were the first two comics I read as a kid.   I've been trying to track down pages from both books too and was lucky to have the opportunity to purchase the Wolverine 75 cover this year.  I've managed to get some pages from each book but none on the level of the one in the upcoming CC auction (or that page 43 of yours)    The splash from X-men 25 definitely exists.  I don't own it but I've seen it.   

Thank you! Congrats on the cover to 75.

2 minutes ago, foxycra said:

You are correct. The splash to X-men 25 does exist. I am fortunate to have had this fantastic piece in my possession since Andy got it back from Marvel in Dec. of 1993.

My brother was a friend/agent of his during the early 90's. It was actually a Christmas gift from him that year. Kinda cool. I just thought you would like to know that it is safe and sound hanging on the wall in my bedroom. My wife is very understanding.

And there it is! It's been in a black hole since 93. Wow. 

Very cool! Thanks for chiming in and sharing!!   

10 hours ago, foxycra said:

Totally awesome! Proof once again how useful these boards are for pertinent information and knowledge for our hobby!! Any chance you would be so kind as to share a photo of it with us?!?

34 minutes ago, foxycra said:

Ok. Here you go. Enjoy!

IMG_3376.thumb.jpg.4b2363bd07c100a429ba9acd12366edb.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

Now that is tremendous! I would be quite enthralled to receive that as a Christmas present! 

The splash we (or at least I ) were referring to though was this page, also from xmen 25 were wolverine loses the adamantium.

take naothing away from that masterpiece though, we were discussing the page up for bids in the upcoming auction from wolverine 75 , that is a ‘recap’ of this one. But ya, you have a beautiful piece ?

1831DDA2-36B5-476B-978E-1FECF686E8F3.jpeg

2 hours ago, foxycra said:

I guess I got confused regarding the term "splash " page.

No, you didn't. Everybody else misuses the term mightily as a marketing tool. You have The Splash Page, there is only per issue, it's the first page of the issue and can have more than one panel. The other one up for auction is a single-panel page. Everybody else -under the age of 45-50 will now disagree, along with some of the older folks too. But they are wrong. Such is the creep of terminology in everyday use away the actual publishing nomenclature and toward whatever can justify an additional mark-up. The ironic part of it is that this one up for auction doesn't need any juice to sell well!

2 minutes ago, vodou said:

No, you didn't. Everybody else misuses the term mightily as a marketing tool. You have The Splash Page, there is only per issue, it's the first page of the issue and can have more than one panel. The other one up for auction is a single-panel page. Everybody else -under the age of 45-50 will now disagree, along with some of the older folks too. But they are wrong. Such is the creep of terminology in everyday use away the actual publishing nomenclature and toward whatever can justify an additional mark-up. The ironic part of it is that this one up for auction doesn't need any juice to sell well!

Now that I did not know.... my vocabulary shall be updated ?

3 hours ago, vodou said:

I'm not sure the change in language came about due to pushing mark ups on OA. I heard people referring to the word in the way you describe long before I ever even thought about OA. 

I will admit that I laugh when see a listing advertised as 'splashy' though lol

Edited by SquareChaos
Clarity