• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2020 at 2:57 PM, october said:

Great thread. 

Recently picked up the scarce French variant of this one. 

001 (8).jpg

001 (308).jpg

Been away!Beautiful copy A! 

Makes me almost ready to share my copy.One day I'll get that scanner working.

A quick announcement that beginning on June 18 and ending on June 28 there will be an Ebay auction of strictly Canadian comic books and related material. The auction will run on Big B Comics Ebay seller site under the seller name “internationalcollectiblesexchange” (all one lower case word). Proceeds from the auction will go towards helping fund 80th Anniversary of Canadian Comic Books projects such as the reprint of Better Comics No. 1. More than two dozen war time Canadian comics have been donated including items such as Super Comics Vol. 2 No. 6, Canadian Heroes Vol. 1 No. 5, Triumph Comics No. 23, Commando Comics No. 11, and Triumph-Adventure Comics No. 4 (coverless) with more items coming in. There will also be a number of Anglo-American books, both black-and-white and in colour as well as a good number of reprint era books, including a handful of Canadian EC reprints. Get the word out! Get ready to bid on these hard to find Canadian golden age books.

banner (1).jpg

On 4/1/2021 at 5:27 PM, eccomic said:

My Run of Triumph Comics :smile:

Triumph Run.JPG

I see that you said this is your run of Triumph Comics.  (It's just amazing, btw!!!)

I don't get why the Nelvana and the Super-Duper would be considered part of this run??

12 hours ago, MusterMark said:

I see that you said this is your run of Triumph Comics.  (It's just amazing, btw!!!)

I don't get why the Nelvana and the Super-Duper would be considered part of this run??

I also included the Nelvana One-Shot and Super Duper Comics # 3 to highlight her other key appearances. (thumbsu

Edited by eccomic

On 9/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, sfcityduck said:

I'd suggest you mute down your color palette a tiny bit to make the colors look more like old newsprint comics as Fantagraphics has done.  AND, PLEASE PRINT YOUR BOOK ON MATTE PAPER LIKE THE FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS.  Glossy paper does not suit GA reprints.  

So agree. The color from the plates was not meant to be the published colors & often look more garish than what was toned down on newsprint. Matte should still be standard in comics if u ask me. Not that u have. But I had to join to chime in on this. So should the moderators approve my message, that is my e pinion.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:06 PM, eccomic said:

Hockey Comics Circa 1950 published by Export Publishing in Toronto with the "Original Six" and autographed by:

Thank you so much for sharing this entire issue. I am only sad this was a lone issue. At first I was excited thinking Canada had actually a monthly Hockey Comics for a while & in full color at that.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:21 PM, Chouchoue said:

Thank you so much for sharing this entire issue. I am only sad this was a lone issue. At first I was excited thinking Canada had actually a monthly Hockey Comics for a while & in full color at that.

(thumbsu

😉

95AA4DCE-3946-42B3-94F6-C2463879C0C9.jpeg

34A84366-4662-4647-8374-8BD66C44EBA4.jpegMy complete run of Triumph-Adventure Comics numbers 1 to 6 featuring Nelvana of the Northern Lights Published by Hillsborough  Studios, and is hands-down the most desirable and toughest set to acquire in the Canadian golden age

Edited by eccomic

On 3/14/2021 at 3:44 PM, porcupine48 said:

It's not common.Many Canadian books don't make it onto the gcd.

Let me know if you ever release it,I hoard as many Canadian books I can.Uncommon and usually about half the price of the American.

Is it Bell Features or Superior?

I almost bought that exact comic at auction recently. Instead, I went to a comic con and picked this up.

VP1 Can US.jpg