• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2023 at 3:40 PM, OtherEric said:

Found at ECCC a few days ago.  No idea what it's worth... only that I'm pretty sure $14 was a good deal.  Fun in any case:

Robin Hood 31.jpg

Does it happen to have the Baker Robin Hood interiors?  And perhaps the Mounties Baker material?

On 3/10/2023 at 10:13 AM, Yorick said:

Does it happen to have the Baker Robin Hood interiors?  And perhaps the Mounties Baker material?

Doesn't look like it to me.  I think this was actually produced in Canada, not the US.  Not positive.

Wondering if the P on the cover means anything, I doubt it's a Pennsylvania copy... but it's enough to make me go "interesting", at least.

Shouldn't have any US art but I stand to be corrected.

Anglo-American books were in most cases Fawcett scripts redrawn by Cdn artists.     There were a few that were also new stories without the fawcett connection (generally, the title 'freelance' and then I think (?) the Anglos at the very end (?)).

Edited by Bronty

On 3/12/2023 at 9:18 PM, sartrexpress said:

cap ann 5.0.JPG

marvel ann 1 4.0.jpg

Here is my only one. I got in a trade probably 40 years ago. I had never heard of one and just had to have it. I have no idea what I traded for it but suspect I would make that trade again in a heartbeat tears, stains, tape pull and all...:x

comcaptamericaannual.jpg

On 7/11/2023 at 6:20 AM, eccomic said:

IMG_7736.jpg

COOL!!  I should have known there would be a Classics Illustrated Canadian Baker edition!  A new one for the search list...

On 7/12/2023 at 7:11 PM, PreHero said:

Very cool cover!  Though the wings on green Hawkmen look more like butterfly shaped bat wings!

Marty, did you find these comics on US newsstands?

Yes they were bought off the newsstand at thr UNION TRAIN STATION in Newark NJ.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:26 AM, Marty Mann said:

Yes they were bought off the newsstand at thr UNION TRAIN STATION in Newark NJ.

Appears AA combined two titles for brief excursion into US market.

Board is lucky to have a collector who actually bought GA comics off newsstand and even more amazing that collection remains intact!

Thanks for the information!

On 7/20/2023 at 1:24 PM, eccomic said:

Unique uncut version of the very rare Canadian Anglo American miniature giveaway which was Canada’s answer to the mighty  midget Comic in 1943

IMG_7936.jpeg

IMG_7937.jpeg

IMG_7683.jpeg

IMG_7684.jpeg

IMG_7685.jpeg

IMG_7686.jpeg

IMG_7687.jpeg

IMG_7688.jpeg

IMG_7689.jpeg

IMG_7690.jpeg

Dude, you find the rarest stuff! Thank you so much for showing them to the Golden Age community.