• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2022 at 1:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Watching it a second time to make sure I wasn't crazy...but we're getting Mr.Terrific! That jacket can't be anyone else. Still can't place the 'bad guys' but I'm assuming it's Intergang based on the tech.

1050873314_ScreenShot2022-06-08at1_19_39PM.thumb.png.74fcc69f9d97326cdb0e5aee9268c54e.png

Nice! Good eye. Now would you mind watching it one more time, this time looking for any characters you may notice with an "S" or a Lighting Bolt similar to BA's on their chest?

On 6/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Watching it a second time to make sure I wasn't crazy...but we're getting Mr.Terrific! That jacket can't be anyone else. Still can't place the 'bad guys' but I'm assuming it's Intergang based on the tech.

1050873314_ScreenShot2022-06-08at1_19_39PM.thumb.png.74fcc69f9d97326cdb0e5aee9268c54e.png

That's what I thought as well, but it's missing "Fairplay" on the side of the jacket.

During an exclusive interview with Screen Rant, Black Adam producer Hiram Garcia discusses the larger connectivity the film has to the DCEU. While not disclosing specifics, Garcia assures that Black Adam will know about the existence of other DC heroes and that audience members will "feel the effects" in their world, sharing the following:

"Exactly. And for us, you'll feel the effects in our world. We know that those guys exist. There's even conversations where he's told that there's other heroes out there, but he's very specific to the kind of hero he is. We like the idea of knowing that he has now been put into this world, and he's kind of a disruption, because they're not used to having a person that powerful be that much of a livewire. They can't figure out how to control him."

One thing I will say about anything coming from Dwayne Johnson, the Garcias and 7Bucks productions.  They have never ever half “rear” ended anything.  They put their best foot forward and full effort.  This goes all the way through projects like Ballers and to the tequila company.  

I’m looking forward to what I assume to be a quality project. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 6/9/2022 at 12:49 AM, eastriver31400 said:

The Rock keeps repeating that the Hierarchy in the DC Universe is about to change........

If I may be so bold, I am beginning to believe the Hierarchy in the Entire Comic Book Movie Universe is about to change.

And if so, who would have thunk it would come from characters like Black Adam, Shazam and the JSA.  Cray Cray. 

Bring back Cavill to fight BA in a sequel and I will be stoked.

I would have believed it. The JSA rocks it. :yeehaw:

On 6/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, Cat said:

I would have believed it. The JSA rocks it. :yeehaw:

I agree. The Kahndaq storyline was an ongoing, intermittent  saga in Geoff Johns’ excellent JSA and Hawkman runs, so I’m looking forward to this one, especially as it also has one of my all-time favourite characters as well, Dr Fate.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 6/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Good idea. Intergang tech is connected to Apokolips and Darkseid, and perhaps that could just be introduced sketchily to prevent the film from getting too convoluted.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're saying that DJ is part of a liquor company, and that it's high-quality tequila? What's the brand?

Teremana - it’s pretty good actually 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:54 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Good idea. Intergang tech is connected to Apokolips and Darkseid, and perhaps that could just be introduced sketchily to prevent the film from getting too convoluted.

I'm sure there was enough Apokolips tech remaining on earth for the Intergang to harvest and reverse engineer, pretty much only just a quick bit of dialogue to say where they got it all from and the audience will be on board (A la Spider-Man Homecoming with Vultures crew).

Dwayne Johnson had noted this previously. It looks like DC Comics is going to release individual character one-shot comics. Finally. A smart move to align the movie and comic divisions like they did in the past and seemed to stop doing the past few years.

Edited by Bosco685

That's not a look I associate with Cyclone. Hope they haven't changed her. 

DC Comics is taking a closer look at the heroes of the upcoming DCEU Black Adam film starring Dwayne Johnson in a series of one-shots shining the spotlight on Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Cyclone, and Atom Smasher. On Thursday, DC Comics shared new art for The Justice Society Files tie-in comics, which will give readers a closer look at the JSA and Black Adam while giving more key details and hints about what to expect in the upcoming film.

The Justice Society Files tie-in comics from DC Comics will profile each member of the JSA, their histories, and their connections to Black Adam ahead of the film's release. The first comic is The Justice Society Files: Hawkman #1 from Scot Eaton, Norm Rapmund, and Andrew Dalhouse, which will focus on Aldis Hodge's Carter Hall, the archaeologist who becomes Hawkman. Check out the cover art from Kaare Andrews and a photo variant of Hodge's take on the character.

DR_Fate.PNG.9d05ef7c8581052841a8bbdc890479b5.PNG

Hawkman.PNG.bab8c1e2de1f595a53838ceae2f337e2.PNG

Cyclone.PNG.69b3a9f127178550a7cf8fdacdb30542.PNG

Atom_Smasher.PNG.e990c31c81290713230389544ae5c6a6.PNG

Edited by Bosco685

Excellent step in the right direction with offering movie tie in books leading up to it.

I do think they still should try to offer the equivalent of a 'free comic book day' type promotion comic directly at theatres for those going to the showings (as many will never buy the books before hand if this is their first introduction, but if you get something in their hands as they are leaving the theatre all pumped up they might be more inclined to find a comic shop later to read more).

Yet we still can't get a JSA comic. This actually pisses me off.