• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 10/18/2022 at 8:23 PM, D84 said:

Are these the same people who gave She Hulk and The Eternals high marks?

this isn't meant to be flippant--do you really feel you indicted their opinions with your post?   

On 10/18/2022 at 10:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

With all that has been released with trailers do you believe that critics extreme opinion?

Your answer will help address your first question.

I have no idea who that critic is except that it says he is a critic from indewire.  Why would he be trying to fool us?  Is there something I missed where people (critics) are blackballing this movie with bad reviews for reasons?  

I didn't read the review, and will be seeing this movie pretty much regardless of reviews, if that makes you feel better.  

On 10/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, Bosco685 said:

If anyone takes this serious you are too easily fooled.

FfYjDHCWABIucRk.jpeg.3efb35a7d92e21e6a0148c9fff2a165a.jpeg

On 10/18/2022 at 8:12 PM, Cat said:

Addy, how was it? Yay or nay? 

@ADAMANTIUM

Of those reviews quoted is the best one, but I hadn't kept up with all of it. A lot of the plot and cinematics take place and you're like that exact thing happened in "other" films across the board.

Still fun if you're not up to date on everything, or I would empathize more with the burn out.

Bright side they had comics and posters. I enjoyed it, I kept wondering things from the first Shazam movie. Safe to say they are consistent, but this one doesn't hit in the feels like the first installment. 

IMG_20221018_183940108.jpg

IMG_20221018_213027163.jpg

I will say this, none of it seemed as awkward as the past, pretty seamleess, with a fee more smoother transitions.

Black Adam was decent had a few funny moments, wasn't too awkward but had a few which way you going to go with this split decisions 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/18/2022 at 9:47 PM, paperheart said:

This makes sense as the plight he is on from the past to cause current decisions is spread out over the film. It's not a fair rating, either the guy has never appreciated a comic? Or idk.

Yes in that saving the galaxy might hold a little more weight then saving a city? If that's the way you look at comics then that review is justified.

This one is good for the following, it doesn't over explain power abilities and functions. It relys on appreciation for comics. It seems dialogue and or abilities and situations seem same old same old though.

Just give comics a shot haha even their movies

Spoiler

If you're familiar with a "universe and how they coexist" you can appreciate a character like black Adam and others. I dislike the coin super hero, although that's thrown around pretty liberally in the film too.

If you can't see that these are individual characters that the future of is film, it's all about the cinema and hijinks, rather than if the two hours left you blown away and it's the most awesomest thing you've ever seen. Millions of comics out there, and Everytime I read one, I may compare to another character or franchise etc, but I DON'T sit there and say why didn't I start a religion therefore it's trash.

A comic is a comic if you don't

like it 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/18/2022 at 10:37 PM, Axelrod said:

I have no idea who that critic is except that it says he is a critic from indewire.  Why would he be trying to fool us?  Is there something I missed where people (critics) are blackballing this movie with bad reviews for reasons?  

I didn't read the review, and will be seeing this movie pretty much regardless of reviews, if that makes you feel better.  

There is an opinion going around critics did not like the dismissal/departure of Toby Emmerich because since his New Line days they felt he was more real-world and playing to their likes (less dark and gritty, less comic books). Add to this his DC pick (Walter Hamada) being sidelined and now terminated but as a horror genre contributor he had clout and seemed to get Emmerich's vision for DC.

This is the first big DC film released since both are gone. And some critics may be going extra hard to voice their opinions. Especially since it sounds like this continues the 'Snyderverse' from the early reviews and final cameo. Why that matters:

And this very same critic opinion has been stated openly on social media.

FfaI9wFUAAA1I9S.thumb.jpeg.9fb0160fe73da7d0d4707132ddf9489e.jpeg

I hope that helps ease your feelings. As mine had nothing to do with noting a common critic trend.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This makes sense as the plight he is on from the past to cause current decisions is spread out over the film. It's not a fair rating, either the guy has never appreciated a comic? Or idk.

Yes in that saving the galaxy might hold a little more weight then saving a city? If that's the way you look at comics then that review is justified.

This one is good for the following, it doesn't over explain power abilities and functions. It relys on appreciation for comics. It seems dialogue and or abilities and situations seem same old same old though.

Thanks for sharing this. As many times the critics (who are movie industry people more than anything else) will gauge a film based on how they feel a story should be told. And throw in 'facts' to back their arguments why comic books are silly or even mind-warping (see Joker reviews where critics misstate the character influenced the Aurora massacre).

From the earlier reviews it sounds like this is a big CBM action-focused experience and not a deep game-changing opinion on the modern human condition and the self-destructive nature of mankind told through the eyes of a god.