• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

On 10/21/2022 at 2:24 PM, Lpgk said:

there is no way anyone can compare Black Adam to Eternals or Green Lantern. Not even close. 

i haven't seen black adam, and thus cannot compare it to any movie; i'm only referencing r.t.'s comparative unfavorable ratings.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:00 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I love it when reviews only matter when it comes to negative DC movies but they don't matter when it's about a Marvel movie

huzzah!

I don't know, people pretty much ripped Thor and Dr. Strange and most people were generally positive about Batman.  

I personally disliked all three for different reasons and have now decided that I'm not even going to bother with Black Adam.

-J.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:11 PM, Straw-Man said:

i for one look forward to all quiet; a great novel, and i'm a history major with ww1 interest.

and I'm sure you are able to set expectations for both films. One is popcorn, the other a more serious topic

I don't think most critics are able to separate one comic movie from another. The are critical of the movie in terms of a movie and not the content.

I rarely going into a comic movie for anything than 2 hours of fantasy and a break from the real world

On 10/21/2022 at 3:17 PM, jsilverjanet said:

and I'm sure you are able to set expectations for both films. One is popcorn, the other a more serious topic

I don't think most critics are able to separate one comic movie from another. The are critical of the movie in terms of a movie and not the content.

I rarely going into a comic movie for anything than 2 hours of fantasy and a break from the real world

agree with much of this.

On 10/21/2022 at 3:18 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

It is possible that as bad as Love and Thunder was, Black Adam is worse. (shrug)

possible, but was it as good as he makes it out to be. The things he loved is the things most of us hated

On 10/21/2022 at 2:38 PM, Straw-Man said:

now several points below eternals; let that sink in.

That would be a concern IF we did not factor in what has already been shared that the Eternals was not dealing with.

1) Toby Emmerich left WBD when he saw the writing on the wall his days were numbered; critics felt he was their cinema guy at the top

2) Walter Hamada has now been officially let go, a horror genre darling and Toby Emmerich's hand-picked DC President

3) Dwayne Johnson has done a number of public interviews making it very clear what he thought about them and how difficult they made it

None of that is going to lead to the first WBD DC film released since all this change getting a big hug from the critics. Yet the audience score is very high (like what happened with Venom without Items #1-3 to get in the way).

BA_RT.PNG.d93ccc73abc5a33cf0d0d3be96777786.PNG

Let that sink in as the regulars on here that love to dance around what they see as a pending bonfire do their jig.

On 10/21/2022 at 4:53 PM, paperheart said:

@Jaydogrules Here's your 'Pandemic Era.' English not Luiz's first language so he's going with this definition: One Era is hundreds of millions of years in duration.

Or in Paperheart speak, "I'm trashing the same thing you are too - let's trash it together and be buddies on just this. YEEHAA!"

:baiting: