• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER (2022)
5 5

630 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 11:13 AM, Bosco685 said:
On 10/4/2022 at 8:34 AM, The Commissioner said:

Throwing out my first Sauron theory here.

Reveal hidden contents

I think that Halbrand might be Sauron.  In the previous episode, Adar told Galadriel that he killed Sauron, then when Halbrand ran into Adar in the woods, he asked him if he knew who he was, then almost killed him when he said "no".  We know that Sauron is a shapeshifter and a master deceiver according to Tolkien, so I'm wondering if Sauron took the form of the heir of the Southlands.

Plus, Numenor gets destroyed when Sauron tricks the Numenorians into attacking Valinor, and Halbrand is already with the Numenorians..... 

Expand  

There are many theories now pointing to this very thinking. And I am right there with you.

Reveal hidden contents

Why Rings of Power Fans Are Convinced That Halbrand Is Actually Sauron

After Adar's defeat and the incredibly real eruption of Mount Doom, the series has to be nearing the official emergence of Sauron. The thing is, Sauron is known for his shapeshifting abilities and may have already covertly appeared. Several characters could fit the bill as an undercover Sauron, but after Episode 6, "Udûn," fans are pretty convinced that Halbrand is the Dark Lord.

Even though the arguments for Meteor Man being Sauron are strong, a lot of fans have started to believe that Halbrand is Sauron. As an original character, some fans initially predicted that he could be a form of Sauron -- and it didn't take long for those theories to find some backing. For the longest time, Halbrand conspicuously kept his identity (which could still be a lie) a secret. And the idea that Galadriel couldn't find Sauron because she was talking to his undercover self would have made Sauron into an absolute troll. More concretely, Halbrand showed that he was a master smith in Númenor, which was one of Sauron's calling cards.

He just seems so accepted by everyone for no other reason than he is the role they threw him into, it feels like there is some undertone darker story.

That was the take I posted last week after watching the episode as well. 

Spoiler

It explains why he was so intent on learning how to forge weapons in Numenor. Now he has to trick the Elves into doing it for him. I think that is the path of least resistance - just stroke the Elves' egos and let events roll. 

It would be fun to see him and Galadriel fall in love in this story line as well, with him trying to corrupt her and then Galadriel seeking revenge.

On 10/2/2022 at 7:51 AM, Bosco685 said:

I need to go back and watch this. 

FeBByfuWQAQvAKl.thumb.jpeg.6b86558b4f36433466773c04fedcd845.jpeg

Our family had this on VHS and I must have watched it about 8,000 times. It was so different and almost bizarre, compared to the Rankin/Bass Hobbit. It was so frustrating that the story was not continued. 

On 10/5/2022 at 8:55 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

What was the actual (or main) reason for stopping: ran out of money? (shrug)

Back when it came out, I was happy it existed. But, it was also pretty slow.  Did not have a good score.  And the animation was rotoscoped so it was a bit jerky and the voices were all sort of mellow (good for Frodo, not for Aragorn).  The movie blows the animated version away. But at the time it was better than any other fantasy. 

On 10/7/2022 at 2:16 AM, kimik said:

Interesting episode 7 and they moved things along nicely. I won’t post anything more than that tonight. It is a somber episode that sets up the next arc.

That was a good time! And that ending to put the nail in the coffin what we saw taking place... :ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

A quiet episode - or was it....

There be spoilers here - but if you haven't seen ep 7 then you probably shouldn't be reading this....

The Stranger has to be Gandalf - the love of Trees (Ents), the butterflies frequently appearing - always a precursor to the Eagles, or an ally of Gandalf pushes heavily in that direction.

Now - Sauron - hiding in plain sight indeed.

I believe the clue was in the title - 'The Eye' - at first glance you could think this referred to the events surrounding Queen Regent Meriel.

I think it firmly points to the 'last' remaining Palantír that is in Númenor.

Grief stricken by the presumed loss of his son Isildur, Captain Elendil blames the Elves (esp Galadriel) and demands they set sail for home. Meriel vows to return - I think this pushes Elendil over the edge to abandon his 'cover' of the widower Captain (and Isildur never remembers his mother if you recall) and to steal the 'last' Palantir - which will become 'The Eye of Sauron'.

Elendil is Sauron.

When Saruman finally appears Elendril (Sauron??) will give the 'last' Palantir from Numenor to him to set up Orthanc - 'The Eye'

If I'm wrong (which is highly likely) - the Galadriel is in for quite a shock early in the next episode as she has set out alone for Lindon with Halbrand. He has been poisoned by an Orc weapon - he can't be Sauron surely?

Theo is being set up nicely to turn into another 'King Of Men' - although I'm not sure I trust the little toe-rag yet!

Lastly - who the hell are the Dweller, the Nomad and The Ascetic? Agents of The White Council - or 3 of The Valar?

The Final Episode next week should be huge - run time is an extra 10 mins apparently - 85 mins.

Great show!

On 10/7/2022 at 11:22 AM, Beige said:

A quiet episode - or was it....

There be spoilers here - but if you haven't seen ep 7 then you probably shouldn't be reading this....

The Stranger has to be Gandalf - the love of Trees (Ents), the butterflies frequently appearing - always a precursor to the Eagles, or an ally of Gandalf pushes heavily in that direction.

Now - Sauron - hiding in plain sight indeed.

I believe the clue was in the title - 'The Eye' - at first glance you could think this referred to the events surrounding Queen Regent Meriel.

I think it firmly points to the 'last' remaining Palantír that is in Númenor.

Grief stricken by the presumed loss of his son Isildur, Captain Elendil blames the Elves (esp Galadriel) and demands they set sail for home. Meriel vows to return - I think this pushes Elendil over the edge to abandon his 'cover' of the widower Captain (and Isildur never remembers his mother if you recall) and to steal the 'last' Palantir - which will become 'The Eye of Sauron'.

Elendil is Sauron.

When Saruman finally appears Elendril (Sauron??) will give the 'last' Palantir from Numenor to him to set up Orthanc - 'The Eye'

If I'm wrong (which is highly likely) - the Galadriel is in for quite a shock early in the next episode as she has set out alone for Lindon with Halbrand. He has been poisoned by an Orc weapon - he can't be Sauron surely?

Theo is being set up nicely to turn into another 'King Of Men' - although I'm not sure I trust the little toe-rag yet!

Lastly - who the hell are the Dweller, the Nomad and The Ascetic? Agents of The White Council - or 3 of The Valar?

The Final Episode next week should be huge - run time is an extra 10 mins apparently - 85 mins.

Great show!

Love your engagement.  No way Elendil is Sauron.

Harland is still a suspect.  

May be time for a surprise new character reveal.

I really enjoyed the episode.  Gandalf origin is really going well.

Edited by sfcityduck

On 10/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, sfcityduck said:

Harland is still a suspect.  

Agree 

On 10/7/2022 at 10:40 PM, sfcityduck said:

Gandalf origin is really going well.

Disagree. The timeline doesn’t match up and it seems to obvious.his entire look is too similar. I think it’s Tom because the time and the some of the character I’ve read online