• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

Just now, Lucky Baru said:

If someone that wants others to play by certain rules you are quick to make personal attacks.

Uhh - you were the one that just made the wise crack.

See, at least I can point to something to say it was enjoyable, but could have been better. Hence, my 'enjoyable scenes' you mocked. If I was so DC-blinded ( lol ), I would be proclaiming all is well. Nothing to worry about.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Uhh - you were the one that just made the wise crack.

See, at least I can point to something to say it was enjoyable, but could have been better. Hence, my 'enjoyable scenes' you mocked. If I was so DC-blinded ( lol ), I would be proclaiming all is well. Nothing to worry about.

I laughed at an attempt to find some sort of good in a stinker.  A scene here or a scene there doesn't make a bad movie good.  Trying to use that as a defense to change peoples opinion is really a last-ditch effort to grasp at anything.  It like saying, "I know it stunk but the font they used in the credits really changed my impression of the movie".

I laughed at an attempt to find some sort of good in a stinker.  A scene here or a scene there doesn't make a bad movie good.  Trying to use that as a defense to change peoples opinion is really a last-ditch effort to grasp at anything.  It like saying, "I know it stunk but the font they used in the credits really changed my impression of the movie".

So educate me how Justice League was a stinker, and how the other DC movies fit the same category.

:popcorn:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So educate me how Justice League was a stinker, and how the other DC movies fit the same category.

Why?  You think every comic book movie should be rated on their box office.  When I pointed to another movie (not comic book related) that was putting one of your pet projects to shame in that category you humped the button.  Also, this is a Justice League thread.  Chatting about the other DC movies derails it.  You might hit the button on that too.

Edited by Lucky Baru

By the way, to help you see through the haze you create for yourself in assuming you are being attacked...

On 12/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, Lucky Baru said:

So, do the figures tell you that the general public thought that the movie stunk, that the general public is tired of comic book movies, a combination of the two, or something else?

3 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

See the term you use repeatedly, 'stunk/stinker'? So when I responded to you without assuming anything personal, but then you convinced yourself I had, I was just responding in your language. It seems to be the category you put these movies in.

Nothing personal. Just was speaking your language.

Why?  You think every comic book movie should be rated on their box office.  When I pointed to another movie (not comic book related) that was putting one of your pet projects to shame in that category you humped the button.  Also, this is a Justice League thread.  Chatting about the other DC movies derails it.  You might hit the button on that too.

1) Nobody 'humped a button on you' for something. Though seeing your actions here, you probably went too far.

2) Repeating the same rumor to build a case someone is hunting for you is an approach. It also means 'the world is against me'. Like when you started the thread in the Water Cooler about it being safe there, because people attack you.

Seeing a trend?

11 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

This could literally be posted in The Last Jedi thread as well lol

5 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Also, this is a Justice League thread.  Chatting about the other DC movies derails it.  You might hit the button on that too.

So, let's hear what you didn't like about Justice League. It should make for a decent discussion, right?

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

1) Nobody 'humped a button on you' for something. Though seeing your actions here, you probably went too far.

2) Repeating the same rumor to build a case someone is hunting for you is an approach. It also means 'the world is against me'. Like when you started the thread in the Water Cooler about it being safe there, because people attack you.

Seeing a trend?

Sure, everything is related to the box office performance and that dictates what is good or bad.  I think I stated that.  You have posted lots of charts in the thread showing the box office, and how it relates to the budget.  You even comment about studios not making movies that don't perform because their aren't charities or something to that effect.  So, if we take that all into account, the Justice League Movie is a stinker as it didn't perform to expectations, and I think lost money.  I hope I got that right.

Sure, everything is related to the box office performance and that dictates what is good or bad.  I think I stated that.  You have posted lots of charts in the thread showing the box office, and how it relates to the budget.  You even comment about studios not making movies that don't perform because their aren't charities or something to that effect.  So, if we take that all into account, the Justice League Movie is a stinker as it didn't perform to expectations, and I think lost money.  I hope I got that right.

Although you are assuming I personally stated 'only the box office matters' - which I didn't - why of course Justice League is far behind where it should have been to be a success. Have I said otherwise?

Meanwhile, what was it about Justice League when you saw it that feel it was a 'stinker' (in your language)?

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Although you are assuming I personally stated 'only the box office matters' - which I didn't - why of course Justice League is far behind where it should have been to be a success. Have I said otherwise?

Meanwhile, what was it about Justice League when you saw it that feel it was a 'stinker' (in your language)?

You keep telling me that thoughts about the movie are irrelevant.  All that matter is the box office.  Please see your charts to refer to the way that I am supposed to view movies.

You keep telling me that thoughts about the movie are irrelevant.  All that matter is the box office.  Please see your charts to refer to the way that I am supposed to view movies.

So, you didn't see Justice League. You just stopped on by to share your thoughts on the movie. Understood!

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Story - bad.  Villian use -bad.  Too much CGI and SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW motion.  Lack of character development.  Scenes that fit together in a disjointed manner.  Want me to go on and on?

Story - bad.  Villian use -bad.  Too much CGI and SLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW motion.  Lack of character development.  Scenes that fit together in a disjointed manner.  Want me to go on and on?

Sure. Give me details. What scene in the theater didn't play out the way you felt it should?

3 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

Come on, Youtube doesn't take that long for you to go check something out and then comment on it.