• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Lucky Baru said:

If you want to post about me bringing up you hitting the button when I kept showing that the Jungle Book was outperforming BvsS at the box office in that thread that doesn't constitute me thinking we have a feud.

The Justice League movie was a stinker.  I hope that point doesn't get skewed too.

:luhv:

Just now, Wall-Crawler said:

Question:

If general audiences liked this film at a respectable 78% (going by RT), why is the overall box office performance so bad?  Can 'professional' movie critics really hold that much sway in the internet age?  

Like was pointed out before (not that you would catch it with other posts going on), it is the audience members that gave Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad a shot, and left feeling disappointed. All they needed was to see the new negative response from critics, and the assumption was Justice League was going to be a letdown as well.

But those that did go gave it a fairly decent score. Those that went.

22 minutes ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Question:

If general audiences liked this film at a respectable 78% (going by RT), why is the overall box office performance so bad?  Can 'professional' movie critics really hold that much sway in the internet age?  

Part of the performance issue is related to the entire box office for the year being down.  The times of expecting people to flock to this movie or that one because it is promoted as some blockbuster is over.  Our chain theater was remodeled this summer.  It now has fewer seats that all recline.  I guess they feel that people expect to watch movies that way or that it is a draw.  Due to the seating the theater isn't going to bring in as many people but they are making it up in what they charge on concessions.  Maybe that has something to due with the box office being down if it is happening in enough theaters.hm

Edited by Lucky Baru