• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? Not a darn thing.

Now you assuming something and making it an issue - that's different. But then you are just being passive-aggressive, right?

I didn't assume anything.  I noticed something, asked a question about it, and you have continued to avoid answering the question.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

That lost me.  What?

WC = water closet 

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? Not a darn thing.

Now you assuming something and making it an issue - that's different. But then you are just being passive-aggressive, right?

Oxygen.......fire.......

Just now, Lucky Baru said:

I didn't assume anything.  I noticed something, asked a question about it, and you have continued to avoid answering the question.

Because it is none of your business. Asking repeatedly is very much being passive-aggressive. Or did you miss that part of the definition?

3 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

I thought you just forgot to answer.:foryou:

Not if you kept asking, and I didn't answer you didn't. Nice try!

And go back to the previous page where I posted my original response to you about the movie where you implied I was going after you then. Where was that attack or offense taken?

Just to help demonstrate to you how reading into things is part of the problem.

Right from the beginning, I was clear box office was not the clear indicator for those that did see this movie based on the question you asked. Though I also made it clear this was a financial miss (read first sentence clearly).

On 12/22/2017 at 8:28 AM, Lucky Baru said:

So, do the figures tell you that the general public thought that the movie stunk, that the general public is tired of comic book movies, a combination of the two, or something else?

On 12/22/2017 at 8:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Since the financial results are below the assumed billion-dollar (+) this movie should have achieved, someone would assume those that saw it perceived it as 'stinking' (in your words). But even with the studio tampering, movie-goers that saw this film gave it a 'B+' CinemaScore meaning they enjoyed it - but didn't love it.

Those that contribute to scoring sites, meanwhile, gave it a 4.0/5.0 based on RTAS, and 6.9/10.0 via Metacritic.

QrmF6sS.png

SiNyh3X.png

So no, they didn't consider it as the movie stinking. But it is clear they felt it was flawed and obviously could have been much better. And financially, there is no question this is a black eye for WB.

Where were you attacked or that I took things personal?

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

And there are folks that have posted in this thread, and the other thread Gatsby and paperheart helped lock, that they did not like the movie. Nobody made a personal attack on them for this. It is those that feel like this is a mission going to the extreme to detract from any positive shared. That's a twisted perception.

Now now, Bosco.

You got the other thread locked when you started attacking each of us personally. (Forget what you said about Paperheart but you called my actions that of a "dirtbag.")

For doing nothing more than continually calling you out for intentionally posting misleading financial data re. Justice League's budget. 

And for the record, Justice League doesn't need my help to focus on thie negatives -- the critical, boardie, public opinion, and financial results speak for themselves on that point.

Still - I feel your pain. I thought The Last Jedi was masterful -- clearly a view not shared by the bulk of the boardies.

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

Now now, Bosco.

You got the other thread locked when you started attacking each of us personally. (Forget what you said about Paperheart but you called my actions that of a "dirtbag.")

For doing nothing more than continually calling you out for intentionally posting misleading financial data re. Justice League's budget. 

And for the record, Justice League doesn't need my help to focus on thie negatives -- the critical, boardie, public opinion, and financial results speak for themselves on that point.

Still - I feel your pain. I thought The Last Jedi was masterful -- clearly a view not shared by the bulk of the boardies.

Now, now. You realize you and a few started building the case I purposely lie about financials on movies I feel should have done better.

Tsk, tsk. Personal attacks like that to debate your point. So beneath you.

Edited by Bosco685

Not if you kept asking, and I didn't answer you didn't. Nice try!

And go back to the previous page where I posted my original response to you about the movie where you implied I was going after you then. Where was that attack or offense taken?

When you accuse someone of lying in the manner in which you have chosen repeatedly to do so in this thread with zero proof in some misguided attempt to prove whatever your point is, then you might want to stop and check where you are headed. 

Have I seen this movie? Yes.  Have I seen BvsS? Yes.  Have I seen WW?  Yes.  Of the three I liked WW.  I didn't say I thought it was a great movie.  I just liked it.  The only comic book movie I have really enjoyed was the first Captain America.  What my opinion on Justice League is based upon what I saw.  It was a letdown and I explained why.

Just now, Lucky Baru said:

When you accuse someone of lying in the manner in which you have chosen repeatedly to do so in this thread with zero proof in some misguided attempt to prove whatever your point is, then you might want to stop and check where you are headed. 

Have I seen this movie? Yes.  Have I seen BvsS? Yes.  Have I seen WW?  Yes.  Of the three I liked WW.  I didn't say I thought it was a great movie.  I just liked it.  The only comic book movie I have really enjoyed was the first Captain America.  What my opinion on Justice League is based upon what I saw.  It was a letdown and I explained why.

Nice distraction.

Back to the beginning where you pointed out I took offense to your question and attacked you.

It's just horrible how I attacked Lucky, berated him, and then notified the mods he had even asked any questions outside of 'Who else thought this movie was wonderful?'

Oh wait.

Just to help demonstrate to you how reading into things is part of the problem.

Right from the beginning, I was clear box office was not the clear indicator for those that did see this movie based on the question you asked. Though I also made it clear this was a financial miss (read first sentence clearly).

On 12/22/2017 at 8:57 AM, Bosco685 said:

Since the financial results are below the assumed billion-dollar (+) this movie should have achieved, someone would assume those that saw it perceived it as 'stinking' (in your words). But even with the studio tampering, movie-goers that saw this film gave it a 'B+' CinemaScore meaning they enjoyed it - but didn't love it.

Those that contribute to scoring sites, meanwhile, gave it a 4.0/5.0 based on RTAS, and 6.9/10.0 via Metacritic.

QrmF6sS.png

SiNyh3X.png

So no, they didn't consider it as the movie stinking. But it is clear they felt it was flawed and obviously could have been much better. And financially, there is no question this is a black eye for WB.

Where were you attacked or that I took things personal?

That's not what I did.

5 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Lucky wanting to renew some supposedly long feud where people attack him and notify the mods about his posts.

If you want to post about me bringing up you hitting the button when I kept showing that the Jungle Book was outperforming BvsS at the box office in that thread that doesn't constitute me thinking we have a feud.

The Justice League movie was a stinker.  I hope that point doesn't get skewed too.

Edited by Lucky Baru